Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The problem is, Magic Kingdom is the only park that can support multiple advanced bookings with the current attraction lineups. This was one of many problems with Fastpass+'s 3 attraction designation. It resulted in tiers that further complicated things and resulted in Fastpass+ (and now Genie+) on attractions where it wasn't needed.
I think the bigger problem is the prebooking didn’t work from an operational standpoint…and they want to sell as many ride packages as they can and prebook may also hurt that.

But more to come…no doubt…this is a tangle for them

Chi84

Premium Member
The problem is, Magic Kingdom is the only park that can support multiple advanced bookings with the current attraction lineups. This was one of many problems with Fastpass+'s 3 attraction designation. It resulted in tiers that further complicated things and resulted in Fastpass+ (and now Genie+) on attractions where it wasn't needed.
Right but it looks like they’re going to do it anyway.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wouldn’t count on that…at least not in the same fashion as it was…

I think it’s more likely they double the price for limited prebooking…
And if so - I’ll be Cher…”turn back time”…and explain how we got to such a sad circumstance 😎
I’ll bring the tambourine. We can perform for Bob at that Main Street theater they announced and built and then go checkout the Hatbox Ghost at the Haunted Mansion followed by a trip to the Play Pavilion at Epcot and of course a visit to Hyperion Wharf at Downtown Disney 👀
Oh wait

Last edited:

G00fyDad

It’s a mass market…and it doesn’t work for the whole market

There are no individuals at wdw.

Not only that…but negative capacity hurts sales of the high profit stuff as well as it cuts down on the available time in parks to do so…which is 101% the point of corralling drunken college kids by the handfuls and having them there to serve you.

You don’t have to believe me.
I believe that it did not work for most people but it worked FOR MY FAMILY. <-- That is what I am talking about and you keep saying that it didn't. It did. You don’t have to believe me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I believe that it did not work for most people but it worked FOR MY FAMILY. <-- That is what I am talking about and you keep saying that it didn't. It did. You don’t have to believe me.
I believe you. Totally.
We’re talking about two different things.

But it’s over and not coming back. Time to continue down the road. We have a double charge ticket system now and it’s gonna get more taxing. Prebooks were a fail and should never have happened.
Have a good day 😎

Chi84

Premium Member
I believe you. Totally.
We’re talking about two different things.

But it’s over and not coming back. Time to continue down the road. We have a double charge ticket system now and it’s gonna get more taxing. Prebooks were a fail and should never have happened.
Have a good day 😎
People said any kind of pre-booking system was never coming back and some were quite scornful (almost to the point of anger) of anyone who suggested otherwise. Once Disney started charging, I don't think anyone really believed a free system would return. But it looks like they are going to offer some type of prebooks, so maybe it's time to move on.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
People said any kind of pre-booking system was never coming back and some were quite scornful (almost to the point of anger) of anyone who suggested otherwise. Once Disney started charging, I don't think anyone really believed a free system would return. But it looks like they are going to offer some type of prebooks, so maybe it's time to move on.
They shouldn’t…that doesn’t mean they won’t.

And do you think it won’t cost more?

Gotta a bridge to sell you. 🌉

You yourself expressed displeasure for the paid genie recently?
Want to pay double for a spot on mine train booked months ahead?
Very much a possibility.

Now I bet I get a lecture? 😎

Chi84

Premium Member
They shouldn’t…that doesn’t mean they won’t.

And do you think it won’t cost more?

Gotta a bridge to sell you. 🌉

You yourself expressed displeasure for the paid genie recently?
Want to pay double for a spot on mine train booked months ahead?
Very much a possibility.

Now I bet I get a lecture? 😎
Why wouldn’t it cost more? The single worst thing for my family is when Disney started charging for what we used to get free. It’s possible they’ll make the paid pre-books so expensive that I won’t find them worth it and will stop visiting.

At least my lectures don’t come with video 😉

JD80

Assuming you have to pre-purchase and it's part of your package you will end up spending more money because I will assume they are charging you MK prices for every day or close to it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why wouldn’t it cost more? The single worst thing for my family is when Disney started charging for what we used to get free. It’s possible they’ll make the paid pre-books so expensive that I won’t find them worth it and will stop visiting.

Hey…I’m all ears…

First video that shows that disney prices things as “individuals” that are unique, special and “intellectually competent”…with math and a historical narrative?
…I’ll take it and hop on the wagon.

Until then? I’ll stick with what I heard here:
1688136051309.jpeg

Paying for things goes out of EVERYONE’S pocket…just as Adam smith wanted it.

$50 a day to book slinky from the Apple Store while you wait is par for that course.

Chi84

Premium Member
Hey…I’m all ears…

First video that shows that disney prices things as “individuals” that are unique, special and “intellectually competent”…with math and a historical narrative?
…I’ll take it and hop on the wagon.

Until then? I’ll stick with what I heard here:
View attachment 727457

Paying for things goes out of EVERYONE’S pocket…just as Adam smith wanted it.

$50 a day to book slinky from the Apple Store while you wait is par for that course.
What is it that you’re saying that you think people don’t understand?

RSoxNo1

Right but it looks like they’re going to do it anyway.
You're probably right. They've failed to learn from any of this.

The optimal situation was an "unlocked" Fastpass+, basically once you've used the first 3 Fastpasses. I stand by my recommendation of one advanced booking per guest and that one advanced booking having no effect on the day of usage other than you can't double dip on the same attraction. You can get to 3 in a different way.

Example, you want to ride Slinky Dog Dash at night so your pre-booked Genie+ is for Slinky Dog Dash. You can then pay for an Individual Lightning Lane at Rise of the Resistance day of and upon entering the park make your first day of Genie+ reservation. That's how I'd get to 3.

G00fyDad

I prefer powerpoint so you can pause for effect. :D

StarshipDisney

Okay. FP+ still worked very well for my family. Maybe it didn't work well for others but I am not going on vacation with those people.

Roger that!

FP+ was beyond excellent and made our trips much better. I don't care what others experienced because it always worked very well for us.

I hear that GenieCrap is moving towards advance selections. Any such change would be an improvement.

Chi84

Premium Member
Roger that!

FP+ was beyond excellent and made our trips much better. I don't care what others experienced because it always worked very well for us.

I hear that GenieCrap is moving towards advance selections. Any such change would be an improvement.
But we’re all part of the circle of life . . .😉

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom