Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Dranth

Then it will be “less of a problem”…that isn’t “working”…

We reward failure around here.

The only way to “succeed” is to provide enough for the people paying an average of like $6000 a week now? To do…

Let’s hope epic is “epic” and Bob and his board all of a sudden “care” about their families 🤞🏻
I don't look at it as rewarding failure but more of dealing with reality. Doesn't mean I like everything they are doing or don't want to see massive changes but until I am ready to sell off the DVC contracts and not go, I will work with what is available. Meanwhile, I will let them know when they mess up and defend changes that I believe are positive.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't look at it as rewarding failure but more of dealing with reality. Doesn't mean I like everything they are doing or don't want to see massive changes but until I am ready to sell off the DVC contracts and not go, I will work with what is available. Meanwhile, I will let them know when they mess up and defend changes that I believe are positive.
That’s the reality here. People will work with whatever system is in place until it’s no longer worth it for them. Then they’ll stop going.

Disney Glimpses

That’s the reality here. People will work with whatever system is in place until it’s no longer worth it for them. Then they’ll stop going.
Disney needs to do a much better job of understanding what the first time guest experience is like. They realized it was challenging prior to 2020 and then perplexingly made it even more challenging. I tried to explain Genie+ and LL to someone recently and we all started laughing halfway through because it is just so nuanced and ridiculous.

Dranth

Disney needs to do a much better job of understanding what the first time guest experience is like. They realized it was challenging prior to 2020 and then perplexingly made it even more challenging. I tried to explain Genie+ and LL to someone recently and we all started laughing halfway through because it is just so nuanced and ridiculous.
This has been my experience as well.

It isn't like any one thing is hard to understand or complicated but when you start adding them all up people start to check out. I've found that once they push past the initial confusion, they are normally good and find it pretty simple to handle but not all first timers have someone to walk them through it the first time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be fair…it’s probably both.

But we as consumers have “levers” too

For instance: we didn’t buy annual passes due to pricing.
Good.

Now don’t buy $190 Christmas parties that work out to be $30-40 an hour.

Just say “no”, Nancy

Not saying wait in a 3 Hour line for Peter Pan while you’re there…just send a message and be done with it

Chi84

Premium Member

Good.

Just say “no”, Nancy

Not saying wait in a 3 Hour line for Peter Pan while you’re there…just send a message and be done with it
Don't the Christmas parties sell out even at that price?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

Good.

Just say “no”, Nancy

…but them waiting 3 hours in line for Peter Pan makes lines for us elsewhere shorter.

We need more Peter Pan rides!!! lol

Dranth

Good.

Just say “no”, Nancy

I feel like most of us do that to various degrees.

Some don't ever buy G+, some only buy it occasional while others will get it for everyday of their trip but refuse afterhours events. Many people have talked about no longer eating on property or staying off site more. It all adds up to less money for them which is how we get them to take notice. Sure, in an ideal world we would all agree on everything and boycott until 12 new, well themed, fun, and well-placed attractions are added to each park along with a minimum of two new shows and a night time parade for each but the reality is we are all at different stages of the Disney fandom revolt. Some will never get there; some will last another trip or two some stopped going already.

We all want positive changes.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I feel like most of us do that to various degrees.

Some don't ever buy G+, some only buy it occasional while others will get it for everyday of their trip but refuse afterhours events. Many people have talked about no longer eating on property or staying off site more. It all adds up to less money for them which is how we get them to take notice. Sure, in an ideal world we would all agree on everything and boycott until 12 new, well themed, fun, and well-placed attractions are added to each park along with a minimum of two new shows and a night time parade for each but the reality is we are all at different stages of the Disney fandom revolt. Some will never get there; some will last another trip or two some stopped going already.

We all want positive changes.
I used to always eat breakfast in my resorts food area, but now with some parks openings earlier and some before they ever start serving breakfast at the resorts I didn’t any this last trip so they are missing out there some too I would assume

RSoxNo1

Okay. FP+ still worked very well for my family. Maybe it didn't work well for others but I am not going on vacation with those people.
I strongly disliked the advanced booking component but Fastpass+ was a salvageable system. Assuming some sort of hybrid system is in the works, this is what I'd like to see:
  • One advanced booking available at a pre-determined point ahead of park entrance. Do not allocate 100% of Lightning Lanes to advanced booking.
  • The advanced booking should have no bearing on any same day reservations so that the advanced bookings can be made in the evening. Same day bookings should only be available to guests when they've checked into a park.

Chi84

Premium Member
I strongly disliked the advanced booking component but Fastpass+ was a salvageable system. Assuming some sort of hybrid system is in the works, this is what I'd like to see:
  • One advanced booking available at a pre-determined point ahead of park entrance. Do not allocate 100% of Lightning Lanes to advanced booking.
  • The advanced booking should have no bearing on any same day reservations so that the advanced bookings can be made in the evening. Same day bookings should only be available to guests when they've checked into a park.
Yeah, that's really not advanced booking. It's keeping the current system and throwing a bone to people who like to preplan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ummmm…
Yeah, that's really not advanced booking. It's keeping the current system and throwing a bone to people who like to preplan.
…yeah…have to agree

We certainly won’t agree on the next Sentence…
But totally agree here

RSoxNo1

Ummmm…

…yeah…have to agree

We certainly won’t agree on the next Sentence…
But totally agree here
The problem is, Magic Kingdom is the only park that can support multiple advanced bookings with the current attraction lineups. This was one of many problems with Fastpass+'s 3 attraction designation. It resulted in tiers that further complicated things and resulted in Fastpass+ (and now Genie+) on attractions where it wasn't needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom