Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
All parks do it so it's not just a Disney thing. Unlike other parks Disney has made it so you need to pay for it to enjoy the parks.
So if all other parks decided to charge for admission plus charge for each ride and Disney followed suit, that's ok? Because "other parks are doing it"?

bmr1591

It doesn't matter how many people are using it, the system as implemented is not less stressful, easier to use, or requiring less effort. If anyone involved with this thing thought 20% would use it, they should be fired for that alone.

I mean, that’s subjective. For my family, it’s incredibly simple, requires little effort, takes away frustration from waiting in a long line, no stress.

nickys

Premium Member
Funny how lines somehow managed to move along nicely without this in place. But when you can see with your own eyes how many LL people go before standby, you can't help but see the reality of the situation.

And those not going are the smart ones. They aren't supporting the idiot in charge or his boot-licking toadies.

Stop paying, stop going, and email Guest Services about how bad the system is. See if anything changes.
Has anything changed since you stopped going?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Has anything changed since you stopped going?

I find I'm much happier because I'm not being bent over by Bob. ;)

ETA: I'm also exploring other vacation options that appear to be superior offerings to what Bob and his underlings have taken and are ruining for me and many others. I should thank him for that, but I think giving him as little of our money as possible is a better choice.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

So if all other parks decided to charge for admission plus charge for each ride and Disney followed suit, that's ok? Because "other parks are doing it"?
I'm all for it paid skip the line systems. I use them a lot at most parks. I also now that you don't have to buy it either. The problem isn't the cost, it's more that the majority have the mindset you have to buy it to enjoy the parks. Unfortunately it's only that way due to lack of capacity.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm all for it paid skip the line systems. I use them a lot at most parks. I also now that you don't have to buy it either. The problem isn't the cost, it's more that the majority have the mindset you have to buy it to enjoy the parks. Unfortunately it's only that way due to lack of capacity.

That's 18 years of Bob right there in a nutshell. Why meaningfully invest in something when you can just milk it and market pixie dust to the moon?

TheMaxRebo

Funny how lines somehow managed to move along nicely without this in place. But when you can see with your own eyes how many LL people go before standby, you can't help but see the reality of the situation.

And those not going are the smart ones. They aren't supporting the idiot in charge or his boot-licking toadies.

Stop paying, stop going, and email Guest Services about how bad the system is. See if anything changes.

Except I still enjoy the parks, my family still really loves it, it is the one place kids ask about "when are we going back?" (And we go to other places as well, but this seems to be what they enjoy the most)

So even if less enjoyable, I am not going to punish myself or my family by not going

Jrb1979

That's 18 years of Bob right there in a nutshell. Why meaningfully invest in something when you can just milk it and market pixie dust to the moon?
Agreed. A lot of that is that it hasn't caught up to them til now. Til now people were still flocking to the parks and there was no reason to invest in them if people are still coming without anything new.

Unfortunately by the time they realize all the issues they have it will be too late. If Epic Universe is a major success, it's going to be a big problem for Disney. Already Universal has passed Disney in attendance outside of MK.

dreday3

Except I still enjoy the parks, my family still really loves it, it is the one place kids ask about "when are we going back?" (And we go to other places as well, but this seems to be what they enjoy the most)

So even if less enjoyable, I am not going to punish myself or my family by not going

That last paragraph is exactly right. And applies to all of it- genie, dining plan, after hours, parties, up charges...

Some people expect that because they are unhappy with something and choose not to participate, all of those who are still happy should also choose not to participate.
Now if my doing something directly affected someone in a serious manner, such as their health? Of course I would stop. But a Disney or any other vacation?
Give me a break.

Also, I'm not going to try to convince someone to do anything my way. If asked why I like something, I'll answer. But I won't tell you not to feel the way you do.

Last edited:

dreday3

The price for MK and the 4 park pass went down $2 today. It's now $25. So at least it appears $27 wasn't the baseline price. Oh DHS went down too.

SamusAranX

I truly do not understand why anyone in their right mind would advocate that PAYING FOR RIDES AFTER YOU ALREADY PURCHASED A $109+ PARK TICKET is a good thing. Unless they are going back to the 70's and implementing ride tickets on top of a (much) smaller admission fee, STOP supporting their decades-long bad decision making.
Bingo.

It’s like paying for an all you can eat buffet a 20 bucks but then saying you need to pay an extra six dollars if you want the chocolate dessert, 7 for steak instead of chicken, 10 bucks for coke products instead of Publix cola. People just don’t realize it because of the Disney “spell”.

SamusAranX

I don't think anyone is saying it is a good thing to have to pay extra, just that it is the reality and paying the extra and getting the extra benefit is better than not paying for it while other do and then you are stuck in barely moving standby lines

Also paying the extra on top of the ticket is still less than (or in line) a lot of other parks if you pay their entrance ticket plus extra for their skip the line pass

Or just don't go, which apparently a lot of people are doing
And that’s where the problem lies. If you stop paying on the aggregate, Disney might learn. But people on aggregate continue to pay for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom