Rumor Lighthouse Point Resort to be announced at D23

doctornick

It's still being announced. As with the ship names, ports of call, etc.

So, during P&R? That is just that much more info for that time slot. I actual was hoping to have the cruise line get its own slot.

Honestly, Lighthouse Point would have been a much more engrossing "secret" announcement. Yes, it's "known", but so was the book/show that they ended up announcing.

Rodan75

I actually wonder what kind of resort. Will they try to tackle both an hotel, resort AND water park like coco cay of RCCL?

Like Atlantis + Coco Cay? I don’t think they requested infrastructure for anything as large as a resort in the documents that were public. I think they were on Disneycruiselineblog like 6 months or longer ago.

There were a lot of environmental concerns on the little work they wanted to do.

Cesar R M

Expect more development than Castaway Cay. The budget for Castaway Cay was $25 million in the late 90s. The budget for Lighthouse Point is between $250 and $400 million.

But don't expect a resort on the island.
250$ doesn't seem much considering the inflation and construction new prices.

Rodan75

Even construction inflation adjusted, it’s a lot more than $25 million. I believe Coco Cay’s redevelopment cost $200 million, for comparison.

I’m surprised their detailed plans for Lighthouse haven’t leaked. So much of the process was available via public docs, I just assumed the details would be leaked/public by now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom