Rumor Lighthouse Point Resort to be announced at D23

TP2000

That's it?

Z-z-z-z-z-z...

No kidding. I lowered my expectations when Al Lutz said a few days ago to, well, lower our expectations on this announcement.

But Lighthouse Point takes some really low expectations to get excited about.

No wonder the follow up presentation at D23 takes place in a smaller breakout room up on the second floor. That should have been a big hint for us, but alas... 😕

Ravenclaw78

This might not be the right forum to post this, but:

Bugs me too. I am a stickler for the Oxford comma. Alas, I don't get to rename the forum. :hilarious:

brb1006

Celebrating Walt's 100th birthday was a big deal. WDW's 50th should be a very big deal. The 100th birthday of the corporation? Give a little speech, have a commemorative T-shirt, then back to business as usual.

I see no reason why we should expect a 5th park or something like that from this particular anniversary.
I know we should lower our expectations, but they should at least give some info on WDW's 50th Anniversary even if it's brief.

BrianLo

No kidding. I lowered my expectations when Al Lutz said a few days ago to, well, lower our expectations on this announcement.

No wonder the follow up presentation at D23 takes place in a smaller breakout room up on the second floor. That should have been a big hint for us, but alas... 😕

Should have listened to me!

Since my expectations were so low, I’m actually pleasantly surprised it’s tangentially related after all!

Anyone who thought a breakout presentation from the P&R panel would have better P&R news than the main panel were living in a fanboi dream.

I really don't think it is parks related. They probably just haven't fully secured something or someone for a panel yet.

If it was in Hall D23 this would be an entirely different matter, but clearly it's not deemed to be *that* exciting.

A DVC panel would be the only random thing that would maybe be "Parks" related. DVC being a bit more "niche" that most attendees would be a bit uninterested in.

WDW Pro

Just like the supposed new ride at Animal Kingdom, I have zero information on this being a part of a secret announcement at D23. Not saying it won't happen, just saying I'm not expecting it.

Ravenclaw78

Just like the supposed new ride at Animal Kingdom, I have zero information on this being a part of a secret announcement at D23. Not saying it won't happen, just saying I'm not expecting it.

Lighthouse point announcement during the Parks presentation would make sense. I can't see it being big enough news, even with an alleged DVC resort, to need a pre-D23 press release and fill up an entire panel at D23.

doctornick

It's interesting the cynicism here. Regardless of one's interest about Lighthouse Point specifically, I actually think it makes a ton of sense to separate the cruise line details from the rest of Parks and Resorts (if that is the plan). While it's the same division of the company, the parks and DCL are somewhat distinct. And there's a lot of details that care be shared about DCL related items with both Lighthouse Point and three new ships on the horizon.

I hate when people use hyperbolic terms like "game changer" but if Lighthouse Point is developed as a "private island" and as a resort, would that not be a new unique offering in the cruise/vacation industry? I know something like Atlantis kinda functions that way as both a resort but also a place cruises passengers go for the day, but this would be something specifically all run by Disney for Disney guests. On top of that, there are logistical issues that would need to be overcome so I'm very curious as to Disney's plans.

I dunno, seems like this will at least be as interesting/informative as a new land and hotel and transportation, etc. for the parks. On a theme park website like this, I suppose the attention is more squarely on the parks as I'm not sure how many people also do cruises.

Last edited:

homerdance

Wow. This seems even more interesting today.

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
Hello again! To clear some things up from the other threads (and for further discussion), the secret D23 announcement is in fact related to Lighthouse Point and the announcement of the Aulani-style resort.
So can I assume Magical Express will not be an option?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom