LIES!! Fastpass+ & Fantasmic!

Sunshine041213

Had a test stay at OKW back in October. We did FP+ for Fant. DH and I were curious to see how FP+ worked in the theater (he was a Sunset coordinator for 8 years, I was there for a year and a trainer, so we were nerds and needed to see) Dinner package was Sebastian, Scar and Mickey. FP+ was Poca.

SoupBone

I figured instead of starting an entirely new thread, I would just bump an existing one. Heading there in a few weeks and was wondering if there was any advantage to using FP+ for Fantasmic? Special seating or does it just ensure you don't have to wait 2 hours to get a seat?

ninjaprincesst

I figured instead of starting an entirely new thread, I would just bump an existing one. Heading there in a few weeks and was wondering if there was any advantage to using FP+ for Fantasmic? Special seating or does it just ensure you don't have to wait 2 hours to get a seat?
When we were there in March over spring break there was absolutely no advantage to fastpass. They were standing in line before the show just as long as the standby people were, they were let in at he exact same time as stand by and there is no fastpass seating section, I would not waste a fastpass on it. If you are going when there are two shows just go to the later one and you can get great seats with no problem in standby.

SoupBone

there is no fastpass seating section, I would not waste a fastpass on it.

This is where my confusion is because I've seen conflicting information. Older posts from November and that time frame suggest there were reserved seating sections for fastpass.

If you are going when there are two shows just go to the later one and you can get great seats with no problem in standby.

Yeah, the day we're there, there's a late showing (10pm or later) so I guess we'll just go then.

Rob562

This is where my confusion is because I've seen conflicting information. Older posts from November and that time frame suggest there were reserved seating sections for fastpass.

When FP+ was first in testing with Fantasmic, there was indeed reserved seating for FP+. But by the time it got to full roll-out (and well before then, I believe) the reserved seating was back to only being for Dining Package guests.

At the moment the only thing that FP+ for Fantasmic does (I believe) is guarantee admission into the theater if you arrive during the stated time. Your best bet is to do what the others have said and go during the second show of the night, if available.

-Rob

habuma

So how exactly does the FP+ for Fantasmic work at this time? Some separate entrance that eventually merges with all those who stood in line for ever, as I've done many times in the past, and then just fights for seats at the top of the arena bowl?

Based on my experience from just a few weeks ago, FP+ for Fantasmic is a HUGE waste of a FP+ option. We got the FP+ for Fantasmic later in the day (after burning through our first 3 FP+ choices and only because there was nothing left worth getting a FP+ for). We had some time to kill before the return time, so we decided to just head that way and wait for them to open it up. We were there *at least* 30-45 minutes before the FP+ return time and they were already letting *EVERYONE* in, FP+ or not. We got good seats (I believe in the Maleficent section). But had we shown up at the FP+ return time, we'd have gotten horrible seats.

Of course, things may vary day-to-day and this was just our experience for one day. I suppose there's no harm in using FP+ for Fantasmic if there's nothing else available worth using it for. But I wouldn't count on it helping you get a better seat. The only thing that can help you get better seats is to show up early or pay for the dining package. (And even then, the dining package section is kinda big and you might end up further back than you'd like).

KingdomofDreams

Based on my experience from just a few weeks ago, FP+ for Fantasmic is a HUGE waste of a FP+ option. We got the FP+ for Fantasmic later in the day (after burning through our first 3 FP+ choices and only because there was nothing left worth getting a FP+ for). We had some time to kill before the return time, so we decided to just head that way and wait for them to open it up. We were there *at least* 30-45 minutes before the FP+ return time and they were already letting *EVERYONE* in, FP+ or not. We got good seats (I believe in the Maleficent section). But had we shown up at the FP+ return time, we'd have gotten horrible seats.

Of course, things may vary day-to-day and this was just our experience for one day. I suppose there's no harm in using FP+ for Fantasmic if there's nothing else available worth using it for. But I wouldn't count on it helping you get a better seat. The only thing that can help you get better seats is to show up early or pay for the dining package. (And even then, the dining package section is kinda big and you might end up further back than you'd like).

Can you confirm exactly where the Dining Package reserved seating is currently? I've seen it mentioned (in a post made many months ago) that it's to the far right side, and in a more recent post, that it's center section. We have F! Dining Package reserved for our upcoming trip, but if the seats are less than desirable (section to the far right side) I don't see it being worth it.

And FWIW, I think they really need to rethink their FP+ arrangement for this show. At the very least, they should advise FP holders to return by the time admittance is opened and allow anyone in the line at that time to enter before the general public. I understand they bypass the existing line by having access via the special entrance, but giving a return time so close to the show time without a reserved section is misleading to the guest and is of basically zero benefit as most of the decent seats are already taken.

ABQ

Can you confirm exactly where the Dining Package reserved seating is currently? I've seen it mentioned (in a post made many months ago) that it's to the far right side, and in a more recent post, that it's center section. We have F! Dining Package reserved for our upcoming trip, but if the seats are less than desirable (section to the far right side) I don't see it being worth it.

And FWIW, I think they really need to rethink their FP+ arrangement for this show. At the very least, they should advise FP holders to return by the time admittance is opened and allow anyone in the line at that time to enter before the general public. I understand they bypass the existing line by having access via the special entrance, but giving a return time so close to the show time without a reserved section is misleading to the guest and is of basically zero benefit as most of the decent seats are already taken.
Per this very recent trip report http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-world-at-large-and-small.884663/#post-6117526 the Fantasmic Dining package seating is still in the center of the amphitheater. Would appear it's been moved from the edge for good....for now.

twebber55

Just wanted to post that you DO NOT get preferred seating with FastPass+ at Fantasmic as I had read previously somewhere in this forum. Last year we had the Dinner Package and "preferred seating" was in the far right corner. This year it's it all three center rows. I was FURIOUS! We walked out.
you do for the FOTLK but not fantasmic

twebber55

was just there Thursday night
FP and stand by were let in at the same time really no advantage other than you don't have to wait around to get in

cw1982

Here's my experience from this past Monday:

We used our fastpasses, including our rolling one, for everything we cared to do. By 7 pm, there was nothing left to add a pass for that we cared to do, so I added the second show as our last pass, since it was still available. All it did was let us bypass the line. Our seats were decent, but it seemed like the fastpass area was at least half of the seating if not more. The cool thing, though, was that waiting for the second show meant we got on to RnRC and ToT with less of a wait during the first show.

Bottom line: I wouldn't give up a ride on anything tier one to get a Fantasmic pass, but I'd they are available after you've done everything else you want, go for it.

BigTxEars

I have not read all four pages but we had a FP+ this past Wednesday for Fantasmic. We were in the middle of the FP+ "pack" waiting to get in and the entire pack sat down in the dead middle of the seating area. We thought it was a excellent use of a FP+, it was the best seats we have ever had for Fantasmic and we arrived 10 mins before they let people in. I would imagine it changes night to night though.

KingdomofDreams

I have not read all four pages but we had a FP+ this past Wednesday for Fantasmic. We were in the middle of the FP+ "pack" waiting to get in and the entire pack sat down in the dead middle of the seating area. We thought it was a excellent use of a FP+, it was the best seats we have ever had for Fantasmic and we arrived 10 mins before they let people in. I would imagine it changes night to night though.

So... if FP+ area is dead center where the heck is Dining Package seating? Someone else said the dining pkg seating was center as of a few weeks ago. :confused:

BigTxEars

So... if FP+ area is dead center where the heck is Dining Package seating? Someone else said the dining pkg seating was center as of a few weeks ago. :confused:

Not sure now, when we did the dinning package in 2011 it was the section to the center left as you looked at the stage. I did see some signs Wednesday and it looks to be in the same place now. The FP+ seats we had this week were much better than the dinning package seats we had in 2011. Not sure if we just got lucky this week or not.

seahawk7

Not sure now, when we did the dinning package in 2011 it was the section to the center left as you looked at the stage. I did see some signs Wednesday and it looks to be in the same place now. The FP+ seats we had this week were much better than the dinning package seats we had in 2011. Not sure if we just got lucky this week or not.
dining package is in center as of june 3. that is where our dining package seats were

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom