LIES!! Fastpass+ & Fantasmic!

FutureCEO

I never understand why people waste a fastpass for a show? And why people pay extra to have just as good of seat as people who do not pay extra? But that's just me. But Disney knows people will pay so they create more just like the extra ticket events so they can screw the other park guest over.

BigTxEars

I never understand why people waste a fastpass for a show? And why people pay extra to have just as good of seat as people who do not pay extra? But that's just me. But Disney knows people will pay so they create more just like the extra ticket events so they can screw the other park guest over.

Well your never going to be a CEO with that outlook mister! :)

The extra ticket debate has been beat to death on here IMO. It's a take it or leave it type thing for all guest.

I can't speak for everyone but when we FP the Fantasmic show this past week there is no way we could have walked up after they started letting people in like we did and still sat where we did without FP. It was worth it to us as we were able to slip in a ride on ToT :)

cw1982

Honestly, IMO, it wouldn't have been worth it for us if we hadn’t already used our rolling pass for everything we cared to do that needed a pass. We added ours last minute and only had a few hours until time to get to the entrance. In our case it worked out perfectly because we got in one more RnRC right before we walked in and still got good seats with only 20 minutes until the show. But we wouldn't have done the fastpass if we had other things we still wanted to ride that had fastpass times available.

FutureCEO

I did the Xmas Party a few year ago. It was fun....was it worth the money? Fireworks and the parade was amazing but not worth 60 - 70 bucks. No. Plus the fact that, as a guest, you could technically stay in the park and no one would know you didn't pay.

cw1982

I did the Xmas Party a few year ago. It was fun....was it worth the money? Fireworks and the parade was amazing but not worth 60 - 70 bucks. No. Plus the fact that, as a guest, you could technically stay in the park and no one would know you didn't pay.

I wonder if this will change now that tickets are linked to MDE? I know that, when we did rides during EMH, we had to use our magic bands to prove that we were allowed to be on the rides. I'm sure that no one kicks out an offsite guest who is there during evening EMH, but without an onsite-activated magic band, offsite guests can't do anything but shop and eat during those hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the situation for the Xmas and Halloween parties end up following a similar trend.

Rob562

Not sure now, when we did the dinning package in 2011 it was the section to the center left as you looked at the stage. I did see some signs Wednesday and it looks to be in the same place now. The FP+ seats we had this week were much better than the dinning package seats we had in 2011. Not sure if we just got lucky this week or not.

Just so I'm reading it correctly, you're saying that within the past week you used FP+ for Fantasmic and you were seated in a FP+ specific area in the center of the theater?

If so, then that's important news since the reserved section for FP+ was only in operation for the first couple months of FP+ testing and then was discontinued.

-Rob

horizons82

I'm surprised by such conflicting information in this thread! I personally have no experience with either the dinner package or using FP for Fantasmic, so unfortunately I don't have much to add.

However, as one who has read all of the pages involved, here are my observations...

1. Some people may or may not be confusing using FP seating with the dinner package seating.

2. It sounds like while FP doesn't start letting you in before the regular crowd, the fact that the FP line is much shorter means that people in the FP line would get in to get good seats well before most of the people in the stand-by line.

3. Citing the above, I get the impression that the dining package is the ONLY one that offers reserved seating, but that those in the FP line will get better seats than the majority of those in stand-by because of the fact they are in a shorter line.

4. I do not know how well they check that guests have dining package vouchers before allowing people into the reserved area, but perhaps some with FPs are going into the reserved dining package area thinking it is for those with FPs?

Just some thoughts to help try to clear up some possibilities of why some comments seem to contradict others.

Unless something has changed, I'd say the only benefit of having FP for Fantasmic is that you can be in line later and still get in before many in stand-by, just due to the fact that the FP line will be shorter with a shorter wait to enter the theater.

cw1982

I'm surprised by such conflicting information in this thread! I personally have no experience with either the dinner package or using FP for Fantasmic, so unfortunately I don't have much to add.

However, as one who has read all of the pages involved, here are my observations...

1. Some people may or may not be confusing using FP seating with the dinner package seating.

2. It sounds like while FP doesn't start letting you in before the regular crowd, the fact that the FP line is much shorter means that people in the FP line would get in to get good seats well before most of the people in the stand-by line.

3. Citing the above, I get the impression that the dining package is the ONLY one that offers reserved seating, but that those in the FP line will get better seats than the majority of those in stand-by because of the fact they are in a shorter line.

4. I do not know how well they check that guests have dining package vouchers before allowing people into the reserved area, but perhaps some with FPs are going into the reserved dining package area thinking it is for those with FPs?

Just some thoughts to help try to clear up some possibilities of why some comments seem to contradict others...

I went to the second show when we did the FP+, so no dining to contend with, but I'll respond to what I can here based on my experience:

1. Entirely possible; but, then again, when we got to the seating area, those of us with FP+ were told to sit in the FP+ area or the dining package area. There were signs marking both, CM's told us either was fine (probably since there is no dining package for the second show).

2. The standby line did not have access to the area where FP+ and the dining package crowds sat when we went. The FP+/dining area was roped off to people who did not have a fastpass.

3. Based on what I saw, I don't think this is right. Like I said, the signs I saw made it look like dining and FP+ each had their own areas, but that they weren't enforcing it for our show.

4. I'm not sure how well they separate out between dining and FP+ for the first show, so this could be true. It sounds to me like the dining voucher gets you into the FP+ line and that the CM's near the seating are supposed to direct you one way or the other based on which option you took.

rob0519

I wonder if this will change now that tickets are linked to MDE? I know that, when we did rides during EMH, we had to use our magic bands to prove that we were allowed to be on the rides. I'm sure that no one kicks out an offsite guest who is there during evening EMH, but without an onsite-activated magic band, offsite guests can't do anything but shop and eat during those hours. I wouldn't be surprised if the situation for the Xmas and Halloween parties end up following a similar trend.
Sometime, shopping, eating and seeing the parade and fireworks at a hard ticket event without paying is enough. Are a few more rides really worth another $60?

horizons82

So...if FPs are available for the second show of Fantasmic, it sounds like those with FPs for the second show may actually get to sit in the reserved section since there is no dining plan for the second show...interesting...

And that would explain some of the confusion...

cw1982

Sometime, shopping, eating and seeing the parade and fireworks at a hard ticket event without paying is enough. Are a few more rides really worth another $60?

Probably not worth $60 to ride rides that you've already gotten to ride all day, but the way the post I was referring to was worded might lead some to think that being able to stay in the park equates being able to do everything in the park, and those are two very different things at times.

BigTxEars

Just so I'm reading it correctly, you're saying that within the past week you used FP+ for Fantasmic and you were seated in a FP+ specific area in the center of the theater?

If so, then that's important news since the reserved section for FP+ was only in operation for the first couple months of FP+ testing and then was discontinued.

-Rob

It was last Wednesday night at the 10:30 showing. We went thru the FP+ entry way and then we waited with the other FP+ folks about 5-8 mins in a large group about 100 yards past the FP entry way. When they open the main theater they (the CM) guided us into the center section. I am not sure if what they were doing with the non FP+ folks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom