Liberty Tree Tavern

Disneyfalcon

Question:
We were thinking about a character dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern in October. The unofficial guide says it is family style, but wdwinfo lists a menu with different prices. Which is it? I'm wondering because my son is VERY picky. Can he order of the kids menu or does he have to eat the family style choices?
Also:
I know Mickey is not listed and therefore not guaranteed, but does he ever show up there? Is he wearing patriot garb? Are the other characters dressed patriotically?
Thanks for any help!

TURKEY

Lunch is menu choices with different prices I believe. Dinner is a set menu with the same price.

The characters are dressed in colonial period style.

Upvote 0

Connears

At the character dinner, all the food is served family style,(turkey, stuffing and flank steak I think(it was ham when we were there in 1997), but they do have mac and cheese for the kids. Lunch is off the menu. Go to wdwig.com and see all the menus.
Connears

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
You're right wdwig does list dinner as a character meal family style. Wdwinfo has an actual menu listed for dinner. Who is right? Anyone know?
Thanks for the info!

Upvote 0

JTFerret

Our family ate there for dinner on Tuesday (7/15/03) night. Dinner is family style with rolls and salad served first. Then dinner of turkey, beef, and pork (sometimes ham, sometimes smoked chops) with macaroni & cheese, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and mixed vegetables. lastly dessert which does change but is usually something like Boston Creme. Usually the characters are in colonial costumes (typically Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Donald and Chip & Dale), but on Tuesday for some reason Goofy and Donald were in their usual attire and Meeko was there instead of Chip & Dale. Mickey is not a character at this dinner.
It is very good with the adult price being $21.99 before tax and gratuity. I don't know the kids price as our son is too old to qualify. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

ADStang

Going week from Monday

We're doing the Liberty Tree character dinner a week from Monday, so I can check out specifics for you if you want to email me directly with questions that haven't been answered. But I think JTFerret covered it all pretty well based on what I remember from the last time we did it a year and a half ago.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Thanks! All this has been a help. We're trying to decide on a character dinner with the main characters. We're not crazy about the food being offered at LTT. We've done Chef Mickey twice and loved it but wanted to try something else. Not Pooh characters, my kids are 5 and 8. There seems to be lots of breakfast offerings but not many dinners. Any more suggestions?

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
Thanks! All this has been a help. We're trying to decide on a character dinner with the main characters. We're not crazy about the food being offered at LTT. We've done Chef Mickey twice and loved it but wanted to try something else. Not Pooh characters, my kids are 5 and 8. There seems to be lots of breakfast offerings but not many dinners. Any more suggestions?

The Garden Grill - Located in the Land Pavilion in the Future World section of Epcot this restaurant features lunch and dinner with Mickey, Chip and Dale, all attired "farmer-style". Meals are served family style. Lunch and dinner offer rotisserie chicken, fish, steak, potatoes, vegetables, salad and dessert. Kids food available too. Lunch $19.99-A/$9.99-C; Dinner $21.99-A/$9.99-C. Priority seating is recommended.

That info is from www.wdwig.com and I think The Garden Grill is the only place with Mickey for a Character Dinner beside's Chef Mickeys.

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom