Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch moves to family buffet style?

cslafferty

I'll be anxious to hear if they'll allow you to sub the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake for dessert with the all-you-can-eat lunch. I love the Colonial salad, but not with salmon. My other choices were either fish and chips or pot roast, which aren't options anymore. Not sure we'll be keeping our lunch ADR for Dec 12☹️

meganwdw

I'll be anxious to hear if they'll allow you to sub the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake for dessert with the all-you-can-eat lunch. I love the Colonial salad, but not with salmon. My other choices were either fish and chips or pot roast, which aren't options anymore. Not sure we'll be keeping our lunch ADR for Dec 12☹️
Hoping we can sub the Ooey Gooey!!!!

Minnesota disney fan

My husband and I always eat at LTT each trip, love their pot roast and rest of the menu! That is, until they changed it all!!!
I have cancelled my adr for February, sent an email to Disney, and scheduled an adr at Kona instead.
They had a real gem with LTT with it's quaintness and excellent menu. Now, it's just another buffet style menu, and they got rid of their best loved items on the menu.
I personally think the dining plans forced them to cheap down the menu and make it more generic so they can keep it in their budget. I think this will not go down well with most people who love LTT for what it was, and hopefully with all the emails and phone calls, the management will change it back into a great restaurant again!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So is the turkey. I'm thinking about ordering off the kids menu in December. If I'm told it will be a larger portion and will cost more, I will end up with what I wanted to begin with! :D

Good idea, I was going to Liberty Tree just for the turkey and the ooey gooey cake. I am going the day before Thanksgiving so I might as well ask, what's the worst they could say?!!

kverdon

Seriously?????? We had just book Libert Tree for our March Trip because we had not been in a while. We had checked the menu and booked especially for the Pot Roast Lunch. We just checked the menu again today, noticed it was gone and came here. We just UN-booked Liberty Tree for lunch. :devilish: Looks like Liberty Tree got Shangai'd

pixiesteno

Went to LTT on Tuesday, Nov 1 for lunch. Yes, the menu changed. There is no ooey gooey cake for dessert with the all you can eat. Milk Shakes are gone. There are a couple of a la carte meals on the menu, but by the time you pay 18 dollars for a burger and your drink you are close to what the $33.00 all you can eat option. No, there is no more pot roast. There is turkey, roast pork, and thinly sliced, very thinly sliced prime rib on the menu for meats. You still get the mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and mac and cheese. There is a nice starting salad and rolls. Had we realized that they were implementing a new menu I would have cancelled my ADR but we did not know this when we left home on Oct 29 and were told of the switch when we were seated.

DisneyPrincess5

DH says he's protesting LTT til they bring back the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. I'm confused...the menu on here says it's one of the desserts as does the official WDW menu. What's the deal?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
DH says he's protesting LTT til they bring back the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake. I'm confused...the menu on here says it's one of the desserts as does the official WDW menu. What's the deal?
Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake is still offered as an a la carte dessert at lunch. It is not part of the all-you-care-to-enjoy Patriot's Platter now served at lunch (lunch now has very limited a la carte entrees).

cslafferty

So they won't let you switch desserts? Because the ooey gooey cake and the bread pudding are the same price, so I don't see what the big deal is getting one instead of the other.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So they won't let you switch desserts? Because the ooey gooey cake and the bread pudding are the same price, so I don't see what the big deal is getting one instead of the other.
No you cannot substitute desserts on the all-you-care-to-enjoy option.

cslafferty

I'm wondering if everyone in your party has to order the all-you-care-to-eat selection, or if 2 people can and one person can order ala cart?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom