Liberty Tavern Question

sueybee

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I have a question about the Liberty Tree Tavern Character dinner...Is there an actual show that goes on inside, because I noticed in the a book that if you wish not to eat there, that you can pay a $5 entertainment fee...Now I am actually eating there but was just curious to know. Oh yes and I was super excited that I have 39 days to go and my DME tags came in the mail today....makes it feel like the trip is just around the corner!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There's no show. Characters roam from table to table. Presumably the entertainment fee is to cover character interaction if someone at your table isn't eating. I don't think they'd allow a whole party to sit, interact with characters and not order... But I could be wrong. :shrug:

sbkline

You may be interested to know that the character portion of the meal is to be done away with. From what I have read, the food and price will be the same, but the characters won't be there. I'm not sure when this change goes into effect, so it may or may not affect your visit, but I just thought I'd let you know.

LandBoatride

That info/book is outdated. There is no charcter fee, but as a family-style buffet, you can't sit at the table and not eat. (Rare exceptions are made if one person is "sick" etc.)

As others said, there is no show. Just characters taking pictures, signing autographs, and goofing around with the guests.

bhg469

You may be interested to know that the character portion of the meal is to be done away with. From what I have read, the food and price will be the same, but the characters won't be there. I'm not sure when this change goes into effect, so it may or may not affect your visit, but I just thought I'd let you know.

This actually makes me happy, i was hoping for a price cut since paying for the characters was why i thought the meal was sort of expensive. There is still a lack good places to eat in MK sadly.

Disneykidder

From what I have heard from on here, starting in Jan 09, they are doing away with the character portion but prices will remain the same.

sbkline

This actually makes me happy, i was hoping for a price cut since paying for the characters was why i thought the meal was sort of expensive. There is still a lack good places to eat in MK sadly.

Like I said, the price will stay the same. So there is no price cut.

bhg469

Right, i guess i was busy at work and didn't complete my thought before i submitted. I would have liked a price cut but im not that upset since i did enjoy eating there but saying as how i am an adult i look forward to eating a nice sit down dinner and not have characters there. I was very upset when they took tusker house away from me for this reason.

KingStefan

I'm not sure how LT is going to survive wo the characters - the food is pretty awful. Pressed parts-is-parts turkey-loaf meat re-formed into something vaguely resembling sliced breast. Yuck!

KingStefan

So if I understand this correctly, there won't be a price cut?

j/k lol

I've never eaten at Liberty Tree -- is it pretty much the same as Crystal Palace?

NO, NO, NO. The CP has actual food! I love the food at the CP! The LT is - I dunno - like "manufactured" food or something. Except the vegetables, which are pretty good.

No comparison at all. And the LT is not a buffet - it's family style. They plop some food on the table and you serve yourselves. I suppose that you could ask them to omit something and you can definitiely ask for more of something, but it is not even close to the variety of the CP. OR the quality.

By the way, does anyone know if the price is going to change when the characters go?

tigsmom

NO, NO, NO. The CP has actual food! I love the food at the CP! The LT is - I dunno - like "manufactured" food or something. Except the vegetables, which are pretty good.

No comparison at all. And the LT is not a buffet - it's family style. They plop some food on the table and you serve yourselves. I suppose that you could ask them to omit something and you can definitiely ask for more of something, but it is not even close to the variety of the CP. OR the quality.

By the way, does anyone know if the price is going to change when the characters go?

We've never had a bad meal at the LTT, but then different stroke, right?
It's family style, not a buffet and you can get as much of any item that you wish.

From all that has been said in this thread and in another, NO the price will not change,

KingStefan

We've never had a bad meal at the LTT, but then different stroke, right?...

You are right, of course. And I should have mentioned in my earlier post that I have heard here and other places that there are plenty of people who like the food at LTT. It is just not to my taste.

I really mainly wanted to point out that the style and type of food at the LTT and the CP are completely different.

wolf359

I've been for both lunch and dinner, and I think the quality at lunch is much higher, and very well worth the trip. The dinner was good enough, and the character interaction was a fun diversion, but it's not high on my list of repeat dining. I hope when they discontinue the character meal they go back to an a la carte menu at dinner as well. That should give the food quality a needed boost.

MAGICFLOP

I ate there a couple of years ago at dinner time and there was no show. The characters just roamed around table to table. No fee other that the cost of Dinner.

I still eat there a lot, but usually lunch. There are no characters at lunch..

bhg469

I ate there a couple of years ago at dinner time and there was no show. The characters just roamed around table to table. No fee other that the cost of Dinner.

I still eat there a lot, but usually lunch. There are no characters at lunch..

Lunch is very good there indeed.

WLnTR

^ I don't know but boy I hope it does...:hammer:

... but seriously; it needs to drop some. The price is way to high for that fare AND no characters. Not so bad when you felt you were getting the character entertainment with the meal but now...idk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom