News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
tewgEmV.gif

JoeCamel

That makes sense. Has the dam thing been done before? Or is this a new option?
They tried it when they rebuilt the hub, didn't work well and had to redo several times. This is a bigger job. I think they are scared of what the might find down there if they drained the whole thing and with this position it seems the turns into and out of the landing might be where they need to work.

RobotWolf

I think they are scared of what the might find down there if they drained the whole thing

That made me laugh more than it probably should have. And then I remembered how guests behave around the rivers during hard-ticket events and got a little grossed out...

Monorail_Red_77

They tried it when they rebuilt the hub, didn't work well and had to redo several times. This is a bigger job. I think they are scared of what the might find down there if they drained the whole thing and with this position it seems the turns into and out of the landing might be where they need to work.
Plus if they drained the entire river they would loose operation of Tom sawyer Island. They would still have to dam the area where the river connects to the backstage canal through to Seven Seas Lagoon. I think no matter how much the drain of the RoA they'd still dam it, so they are probably going for the least impact scenario as stated elsewhere on this.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Oh wow! Isn't that dangerous for the divers with the Florida natural water predators?! Or do those dams do a good job at keeping them away?

The waterway is only 3-5 feet deep and lined with concrete. I would bet there isn’t a frog in that water that Disney doesn’t know about after the GF incident.

geekza

Monitor? Yes

But that in no way means there’s none in there or that they are aware of everything that is.
I sometimes forget that the hyper-planned WDW is built amongst the habitat of scary giant lizards. Where I live, we mostly get deer, rabbits, squirrels, and skunks. There are black bears and wildcats up in the mountains, but they tend to stay away from people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom