Liberty Square Market Seating Area Demolished

eliza61nyc

Why would I mean that?

The area will function better for its intended purpose, providing shaded seating for guests to sit and eat.

There’s no reason to always be so negative. It gets old.

it's easier for some to complain than praise and I've come to expect that NOTHING absolutely nothing wdw does outside of find a way to transport back to 1980, will make a lot of folks happy.

I agree with @jt04 , it was time for that area to get some love. from the pictures it does not look big enough to do any thing but freshen up.

wdwfan22

My bet is they will reduce the seating area to provide better flow of guests in the area. I also predict like everything else Disney’s does it will take them until the end of the year to finish at the earliest.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
What's interesting is that whole area was originally slated to be a block of buildings with artisan type shops, etc...in the alley between the block and the HoP. Very early artist renderings of the MK show the block. Obviously never constructed, for a while, it was a patch of very green grass with a low curb around it. Popularity of the HoP during the nations bicentennial transformed it into an extended queue for the attraction. It will be interesting to see how it's transformed once again.

Kman101

Why would I mean that?

The area will function better for its intended purpose, providing shaded seating for guests to sit and eat.

There’s no reason to always be so negative. It gets old.

Sorry but they have a history of disappointing. And it's not negative when they have a history of tearing out trees and benches. Good to know this won't be a disappointment.

it's easier for some to complain than praise and I've come to expect that NOTHING absolutely nothing wdw does outside of find a way to transport back to 1980, will make a lot of folks happy.

That's a small minority.

If you and others don't understand our frustration and just dismiss us as negative then what's the point of a discussion board? Just to heap praise? I don't get it.

They have a history of disappointing some of us, whether you agree they have or not.

Sounds like they won't this time, but that remains to be seen.

I do agree there's a lot of negativity and whiny nit picking. But sometimes it's not and it gets old being dismissed and seeing others being dismissed.

I never knew how wrong it was to want the best for what you love and care about. Go figure. Now I remember why I sometimes don't post much.

peter11435

Sorry but they have a history of disappointing. And it's not negative when they have a history of tearing out trees and benches. Good to know this won't be a disappointment.

That's a small minority.

If you and others don't understand our frustration and just dismiss us as negative then what's the point of a discussion board? Just to heap praise? I don't get it.

They have a history of disappointing some of us, whether you agree they have or not.

I do agree there's a lot of negativity and whiny nit picking. But sometimes it's not and it gets old being dismissed and seeing others being dismissed.

I never knew how wrong it was to want the best for what you love and care about. Go figure. Now I remember why I sometimes don't post much.
History or not it’s still overly negative. Being negative for the sake of being negative is not a discussion.

eliza61nyc

That's a small minority.

It's not wrong at all but here's the thing, you are (figuratively speaking not you specifically) are bashing it before it's even built. Now as for disappointing people, remember much much of the stuff is subjective. things here get torn apart before it's every built. It's almost to the point where you can determine what the response is going to be 10 seconds after a thread is open. for example I will bet good money that any new building will get the standard response. "it looks like a mall".

Again what you consider the "best" is not universal. I mean seriously, Op opened the thread and not 5 post into it, without seeing any plans, any specifics it got trashed.

people look at things in a variety of ways, you don't post much because you see it as dismissive, I'm backing off because IMO it's the same ole same ole. almost every thread ends pretty much the same way.

I didn't mean to be "dismissive" but as I said, it is amazing to me that 1 minutes after announcing a change without one shred of information, there are inferring how bad it will be.

jt04

It's not wrong at all but here's the thing, you are (figuratively speaking not you specifically) are bashing it before it's even built. Now as for disappointing people, remember much much of the stuff is subjective. things here get torn apart before it's every built. It's almost to the point where you can determine what the response is going to be 10 seconds after a thread is open. for example I will bet good money that any new building will get the standard response. "it looks like a mall".

Again what you consider the "best" is not universal. I mean seriously, Op opened the thread and not 5 post into it, without seeing any plans, any specifics it got trashed.

people look at things in a variety of ways, you don't post much because you see it as dismissive, I'm backing off because IMO it's the same ole same ole. almost every thread ends pretty much the same way.

I didn't mean to be "dismissive" but as I said, it is amazing to me that 1 minutes after announcing a change without one shred of information, there are inferring how bad it will be.

Some people have convinced themselves negative cynicism equals humor. Hopefully for them it's just a phase.

Mickey5150

I'm glad to see them fixing the area. It always seemed like a walkway that they dropped some tables into. Hopefully the new area will fence off the seating and allow guests to flow around rather then thru. Maybe they are fixing how stroller parking works in the area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom