Letter

Goofy7654

Original Poster
Hey i got my acceptence letter today but it was for the wrong thing they sent me the career start program not the college lol... I called and they said everything is all set and they will fed ex me the college program letter and i will be all set.... Well i will be doin quick service food and beverage which wasent my first choice but i dont realy care. The question I wanted to ask is that the person i talked to said there will be 4 Start dates in august to pick from wen i get my College program letter. What are these 4 dates???? :wave:

AliciaLuvzDizne

joeyjoe92979 said:
As I said...Welcome to hell.

F&B is one of the most demanding roles in WDW, exhausting hours, grueling work and cheap pay, thus the reason Disney offers so many pay premiums to those of us who choose to work FT or PT in the F&B area.

You will be burnt out before you know it my friend.
how about full service?

AliciaLuvzDizne

joeyjoe92979 said:
Pretty much the same problems when you work in any F&B location.

Well I can tell you I pretty much have the same feelings as many others in the F&B area.The majority of people I know are looking to bail out of the company because they hate it so much, I am not trying to discourage you...I am just telling you the going word around the F&B area.
i think that is a very unfortunate attitude. Especially to dump it on someone who hasnt even set foot into their role yet.
A job is a job no matter where you go.
Your job at WDW is to make other peoples vacations magical, not to have your own magical time (though some would argue that its a reward in itself to see the looks on peoples faces...etc)

AliciaLuvzDizne

joeyjoe92979 said:
As I said I was not trying to discourage anyone, I was merely stating the feelings around certain F&B locations.

Trust me...If you are not already a CM or are going to be a CM soon, that whole magical thing really does wear out after a while. I have watched CP groups come and go...they are all excited and happy at first with all that "magical" feeling stuff, and then after a few months they can't wait to go home, like I said...trust me, they all turn out the same way.
well what do you think "Welcome to hell" would do?
maybe if it's so bad...it isnt the job or place for you?

Scar Junior

joeyjoe92979 said:
As I said...Welcome to hell.

F&B is one of the most demanding roles in WDW, exhausting hours, grueling work and cheap pay, thus the reason Disney offers so many pay premiums to those of us who choose to work FT or PT in the F&B area.

You will be burnt out before you know it my friend.

Way to scare him off... jeez. A lot of people complain about their roles. Could you image being stuck with Small World playing all the time? I had five or six friends who worked F & B and loved it. Some had carts, some worked at Quick Service restaurants. Still I knew of people who hated their job. I wasn't good friends with them as there tends to be a correlation between people who complain a lot about their job with people who complain a lot in general. Like any role, you'll get more out from the more you put into it. There will be good days and bad. But at the end of your shift, you're still in Disney World and a little fireworks show and rides clears up any bad day!

Congrats man!

bsummer

Scar Junior said:
There will be good days and bad. But at the end of your shift, you're still in Disney World and a little fireworks show and rides clears up any bad day!

Congrats man!

Way to sum it up!!! So true!!! I just get mad at the people who complain and complain and complain...just go to Universal..they pay more anyway! If someone hates it so much...why would they stay...there are plenty of jobs in the Orlando area. To anyone waiting to go, Goofy 7654 has the best attitude, you get out what you put into it!! Good luck everyone, I didn't love my first role, but I had a blast and I'm back on the program again doing a new role!

Scar Junior

joeyjoe92979 said:
I think the problem is that there are to many people living in a fantasy world around here and don't realize that Disney is still "Just a job". Work a 80+ hour work week just to be able to make a small dent in your bills and then tell me how magical Disney is.

Ah, yeah I did that. Actually it was 70+ hours.

Just so ya know....there is nothing forcing you to work at Disney. I hope you don't have this same demenor when you talk to the guests?! Perhaps Universal is hiring...

Scar Junior

bsummer said:
I ust get mad at the people who complain and complain and complain...just go to Universal..they pay more anyway! If someone hates it so much...why would they stay...there are plenty of jobs in the Orlando area. To anyone waiting to go, Goofy 7654 has the best attitude, you get out what you put into it!! Good luck everyone, I didn't love my first role, but I had a blast and I'm back on the program again doing a new role!

Exactly. It seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?

First off, Congratulations Goofy7654. Welcome to one of the best places to work in the world. You're about to start on one of the most wonderful journeys you have ever been on.

I am on my last day of the College Program. Tomorrow I am heading home after 6 wonderful months. I started off in QSF&B at the Disney-MGM Studios. I really enjoyed it. I worked with wonderful people, the job was fast paced and alot of fun. I was in Outdoor Foods which most Cast Members consider to be the most difficult but I found it to be very fulfilling. The only reason I transfered out of the department is standing in one cart all day long was irritating an old back injury.

My best advice, stay positive. There will be up's, and there will be down's. But things will always get better. Your going to make tons, and tons of friends but be sure to pick them wisely. Keep your nose clean and you will have a truly magical program.

-Jake

Woody13

joeyjoe92979 said:
I think the problem is that there are to many people living in a fantasy world around here and don't realize that Disney is still "Just a job". Work a 80+ hour work week just to be able to make a small dent in your bills and then tell me how magical Disney is.
I think the best thing to do is cut expenses. For example, drink cheap beer. Have you ever tried "Milwaukee's Best"? It takes some time to adjust to the taste, but overall it's not bad. :wave:

sanita

joeyjoe92979 said:
I work backstage so I don't have to deal with annoying guest.

Why are you working at Disney if its "hell" and the guest are "annoying"? What exactly do you want to get out of the program?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom