Letter about AKL refurbishment starting 5 January 2016

MrHappy

Welcome! Come for the cool rumors and insider details, stay for the crazy arguments about paint, entitlements, 1%'ers, Disney as a business, pixie dusters, curmudgeons, fanbois, toons in Epcot's future world, the crappy state of Ecpot's future world, parking ramps, capital expenditures, disco yeti, road side dinosaur pavement, Toy Story land vs. Toy Story playland, and the relative social values of just about everything else.......it's a lurker's paradise in here!
Yeah, sometimes after trying to follow some of these threads, I head over to the TR Forums to remember why Disney is so great, it's full of happy people who are actually in the parks having the time of their lives.

jhastings74

Well, we are making an assumption here that nobody was "motivated." It was nearly midnight. There may literally be no extra people on staff to leave the front desk and deliver it to the room. I don't know. Neither do you. Maybe they could have asked maintenance. Maybe they could have included something extra. Maybe not. We can't have expectations without knowing the facts.

Is it the guest's "fault" the room didn't open - that's different than saying someone was basically opening themselves up to complications. When you deal with any version of customer service enough times, you know mistakes are rampant. Why would you go to the front desk to make sure after getting a text with your room number? As it turned out, the original room number from the text was the correct room number all along. So if the guest had simply left well enough alone and followed the text to their room, their magic bands would have opened the door with no problem, no walking back and forth, etc. When you go to a human first and you didn't have to, you leave one more possibility open for a human to make a mistake - which they obviously did in giving them a new room number and then not attaching it to their magic bands. I can say that would not have happened to me, because I would not have invited that possibility. I don't take chances with people screwing things up, which is exceedingly common from pretty much any business. So no, it's not "illogical" at all. It's completely logical.

Room keys sometimes don't work at every hotel in existence.

By the way, at what point was someone supposed to put the items he ordered inside which room - the correct room or the other room? While he was walking back and forth?

Totally legitimate points.

All I can say is that I have a distrust of technology, so I like to always talk with a human whenever I can (over the phone or face-to-face) so that if and when there IS an issue, I can say that I spoke with 'so-and-so' about it. Really, I just went to the desk to verify. That should have been easy. You are completely right in saying if I had just gone, none of that would have even occurred. (Trust me...I thought that many times immediately after the fact...) But me going to the desk really shouldn't have 'created' an issue that wasn't there in the first place, ya know?

Like I said: we still had an amazing trip. No regrets at all. Just a little minor inconvenience here and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom