Let's fix the parks!

Mr.EPCOT

I've always kind of wondered why so many people seem to be fixated on putting the Indiana Jones Adventure in the Studios park, where it would probably be better for it to be at The Magic Kingdom. Were they to build it at Hollywood Studios, that'd probably give them an excuse to strip away all of the wonderful queue and do "soundstage theming." Plus we all know that The Magic Kingdom could use a major new attraction.

jt04

I actually think that that was a plan for a while...still might be.

I hope not!!!! :fork:

One of the best things they ever did was remove that mess. Even more of an eyesore than the speedway. The skyway was "cutting edge" at one point in theme park design but they eventually became so common that even the lowest rent theme parks had them.

I could see them using a modern system for transportation elsewhere on property, it just does not belong in the MK!

Not that I feel very strong about it.:lookaroun:lol:

tirian

How to fix the parks: Put Marni in charge of Epcot and me in charge of the MK.

:animwink: :lol:

All implied arrogance is strictly a joke.*

*although we are not foaming fanboys and would probably do a great job of balancing business with magic. :rolleyes:

Animaniac93-98

I actually think that that was a plan for a while...still might be.

I find it amusing that Disney tries all these ideas to add dining capacity to MK and yet never thinks to do something obvious like re-open the Adventureland Veranda. Doing that and bringing back at least food to the Diamond Horseshoe might cut back on wait times elsewhere. Building the Golden Oak Outpost thing was a good move but alot more needs to be done with dining at MK (and attractions, and shopping, and entertainment...).

Here's a short (?) list of things to do with MK:

- Re-open Adventureland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe (with either a saloon revue type show or a simpler act, but at least food and entertainment of some kind).
- Build Little Mermaid ride
- Bring back the Swan Boats, that might be a simple way to seasonally increase capacity. Plus they looked purdy.
- Take another stab at refurbishing Pirates
- At least bring back some form of specialty/unique shopping. A duplicate of Disneyland's Fortuosity Shop would be a good start.
- Make lunch at Cindy's Royal Table, non-character like before and just provide some other princess get-together in Fantasyland (perhaps next to Mermiad when built?)
- Add breakfast to Liberty Tree Tavern and ditch the "Magical Gathering" nonsense at Tony's and bring back breakfast there.
- Bring back old Tiki Room or Stitch show
- Bring back AE
- Change narration for TTA. Combine curent theme with ORAC-1.
- Update CoP
- Change aftrenoon parade
- Upgrade current Spectro floats and costumes
- New fireworks show or Magic, Music and Mayhem
- Add new stuff to Jungle Crusie
- Replace chain lifts on BTMRR with quiter ones from EE
- Put DL/DLP Peter Pan effects in our version

"Bonus" stuff:

- Destroy Speedway and replace it with Discovery Bay
- Redo look of Fanatsyland
- New full service restaurant on upper floor of Exposition Hall (if space even exist, maybe elsewhere on Main Street, a duplicate of DLP's Walt's perhaps?)
- Demolish Carpet ride and just build another Dumbo next to the old one and have a whole Circus themed sub land with Living Character AAs of various fantasy Disney characters.

imagineer boy

Gah, I coudn't resist. Here we go:

Magic Kingdom:

-Put Stitch in Tiki Room
-Update Jungle Cruise
-Extend POTC with up the waterfall scene at the end
-Get rid of Magic Carpets of Aladdin
-Give BTMRR quieter lifts
-Give Fantasyland a facelift to look similar to DL's version
-Give all of the Fantasyland rides good rehabs, with Peter Pan getting the most with a higher capacity loading area and new SFX and animatronics
-Get rid of Pooh's playground and put in Beauty and the Beast ride
-Tear down Toon Town fair and rebuild it to look like DL's version with a Car Toon spin darkride and the new Toon Town bus simulator thrill ride.
-Give tomorrowland tons of new themeing with the avenue of the planets look
-Give space mountain its deserved two year rehab with all new track
-Update Buzz Lightyear like DL's
-Bring back Alien Encounter
-Ax Monsters Inc and put somthing new there
-Build a pizza resteraunt in the old skyway building
-Update CoP with new finale
-Retheme the Indy speedway to be "Cosmic Highway" with electric futuristic cars, futuristic scenery, and better track

Epcot:

-Give SSE a new narration, bring back the old score, get rid of the screens and put in new finale
-Give UOE a huge overhaul
-Tear down WoL
-Give M:S a better ride film
-Update test track with some new encounters
-Get rid of nemo and bring back the old (but much updated) sea base alpha and living seas and the hydrolaters
-Give Soarin a new film and make the queue less ugly
-Bring in an all new Imagination that has the spirit of the original
-Update the effects on HISTA
-Add a few new rides to WS and a new pavillion as well
-Update illuminations and bring back TON (runs from MKT)
-Ax 3 Cabs from Mexico and put in a brand new boat ride there

DHS:
-Rename the park to "Walt Disney Studios Florida"
-Make the park an actual working production studio again
-Update GMR (replace Tarzan scene with somthing else)
-Replace Indy stunt show with Indiana Jones Adventure ride
-Bring in Star Tours 2.0
-Make muppets film go digital and fix up Waldo CGI
-Make the studio tour more exciting with more encounters and more things to see
-Bring animators back to animation tour
-Add the following to Pixar Place: Monsters Inc or incredibles ride, BuyNLarge mock store, Chef Gusteau's resteraunt, Pizza Planet, and move nemo show here
-Update Fantasmic and bring back more shows
-Bring back the fireworks show

Animal Kingom-

-Make an Expedition Everest 2.0 that's longer and has a working Yeti!
-Replace Camp Minnie Mickey with Beastly Kingdom
-Build an Australia themed area
-Move Lion King show to Africa area
-Extend Kali River Rapids
-Get rid of conservation station
-Update Dinosaur and bring back Countdown to Extinction name
-Add more attractions to dinoland

jt04

I find it amusing that Disney tries all these ideas to add dining capacity to MK and yet never thinks to do something obvious like re-open the Adventureland Veranda. Doing that and bringing back at least food to the Diamond Horseshoe might cut back on wait times elsewhere. Building the Golden Oak Outpost thing was a good move but alot more needs to be done with dining at MK (and attractions, and shopping, and entertainment...).

Here's a short (?) list of things to do with MK:

- Re-open Adventureland Veranda and Diamond Horseshoe (with either a saloon revue type show or a simpler act, but at least food and entertainment of some kind).
- Build Little Mermaid ride
- Bring back the Swan Boats, that might be a simple way to seasonally increase capacity. Plus they looked purdy.
- Take another stab at refurbishing Pirates
- At least bring back some form of specialty/unique shopping. A duplicate of Disneyland's Fortuosity Shop would be a good start.
- Make lunch at Cindy's Royal Table, non-character like before and just provide some other princess get-together in Fantasyland (perhaps next to Mermiad when built?)
- Add breakfast to Liberty Tree Tavern and ditch the "Magical Gathering" nonsense at Tony's and bring back breakfast there.
- Bring back old Tiki Room or Stitch show
- Bring back AE
- Change narration for TTA. Combine curent theme with ORAC-1.
- Update CoP
- Change aftrenoon parade
- Upgrade current Spectro floats and costumes
- New fireworks show or Magic, Music and Mayhem
- Add new stuff to Jungle Crusie
- Replace chain lifts on BTMRR with quiter ones from EE
- Put DL/DLP Peter Pan effects in our version

"Bonus" stuff:

- Destroy Speedway and replace it with Discovery Bay
- Redo look of Fanatsyland
- New full service restaurant on upper floor of Exposition Hall (if space even exist, maybe elsewhere on Main Street, a duplicate of DLP's Walt's perhaps?)
- Demolish Carpet ride and just build another Dumbo next to the old one and have a whole Circus themed sub land with Living Character AAs of various fantasy Disney characters.

Gah, I coudn't resist. Here we go:

Magic Kingdom:

-Put Stitch in Tiki Room
-Update Jungle Cruise
-Extend POTC with up the waterfall scene at the end
-Get rid of Magic Carpets of Aladdin
-Give BTMRR quieter lifts
-Give Fantasyland a facelift to look similar to DL's version
-Give all of the Fantasyland rides good rehabs, with Peter Pan getting the most with a higher capacity loading area and new SFX and animatronics
-Get rid of Pooh's playground and put in Beauty and the Beast ride
-Tear down Toon Town fair and rebuild it to look like DL's version with a Car Toon spin darkride and the new Toon Town bus simulator thrill ride.
-Give tomorrowland tons of new themeing with the avenue of the planets look
-Give space mountain its deserved two year rehab with all new track
-Update Buzz Lightyear like DL's
-Bring back Alien Encounter
-Ax Monsters Inc and put somthing new there
-Build a pizza resteraunt in the old skyway building
-Update CoP with new finale
-Retheme the Indy speedway to be "Cosmic Highway" with electric futuristic cars, futuristic scenery, and better track

Epcot:

-Give SSE a new narration, bring back the old score, get rid of the screens and put in new finale
-Give UOE a huge overhaul
-Tear down WoL
-Give M:S a better ride film
-Update test track with some new encounters
-Get rid of nemo and bring back the old (but much updated) sea base alpha and living seas and the hydrolaters
-Give Soarin a new film and make the queue less ugly
-Bring in an all new Imagination that has the spirit of the original
-Update the effects on HISTA
-Add a few new rides to WS and a new pavillion as well
-Update illuminations and bring back TON (runs from MKT)
-Ax 3 Cabs from Mexico and put in a brand new boat ride there

DHS:
-Rename the park to "Walt Disney Studios Florida"
-Make the park an actual working production studio again
-Update GMR (replace Tarzan scene with somthing else)
-Replace Indy stunt show with Indiana Jones Adventure ride
-Bring in Star Tours 2.0
-Make muppets film go digital and fix up Waldo CGI
-Make the studio tour more exciting with more encounters and more things to see
-Bring animators back to animation tour
-Add the following to Pixar Place: Monsters Inc or incredibles ride, BuyNLarge mock store, Chef Gusteau's resteraunt, Pizza Planet, and move nemo show here
-Update Fantasmic and bring back more shows
-Bring back the fireworks show

Animal Kingom-

-Make an Expedition Everest 2.0 that's longer and has a working Yeti!
-Replace Camp Minnie Mickey with Beastly Kingdom
-Build an Australia themed area
-Move Lion King show to Africa area
-Extend Kali River Rapids
-Get rid of conservation station
-Update Dinosaur and bring back Countdown to Extinction name
-Add more attractions to dinoland

AWESOME IDEAS! I bolded my favorites.

SirGoofy

Well I guess I'll go ahead and give my list

Now I realize that I have a lot for MK, but this wouldn't all be done at once. Obviously.

MK
Main Street
-Bring back great merchandise, instead of the crap that's there now.
-Have as much street performers as possible
-Bring back the Barber Shop
Adventureland
-Get rid of the Magic Carpets
-Rip out the Tree House and replace it with an Indiana Jones ride(there's room, Lee or Martin posted a pick of HM's show building fitting on its plot).
-Reopen the Veranda with a Pirates themed character dinner, and sit down lunch and breakfast.
-Install a KP-type game into the land themed to Indy
-Install Stitch into the Tiki Room
-Install that extra scene into Pirates
-Update some of Jungle Cruise. I've got some pretty cool ideas for the temple and the natives.
Frontierland
-Upgrade some of the effects of Big Thunder, such as the bats, and the collapsing tunnel
-Complete overhaul of Country Bears with contemporary country stars as the voice talent
Liberty Square
-Not much to do here, but I'd really like to see performers re-enact speeches of the founding fathers near the Liberty Bell. I think it would be neat.
Fantasy Land
-Bring the character redo to IASW, minus the America scene
-COMPLETE AND UTTER overhaul of Peter Pan.
-Build the Little Mermaid dark ride.
-Overhaul Snow White
Toontown
-Bring Donald, Goofy, and Pluto back to the meet and greet area
-Put in the Toontown Bus Simulator
Tomorrowland
-Bring back the cohesiveness of the "City of Tomorrowland"
-Get rid of SGE, and add in an updated AE, with great AAs
-Get rid of MILF and put in a WALL-E 3-D show
-Move CoP and put a new E-ticket in the space between Buzz and Space\
-Put electric cars onto the speedway, add some nice scenes
Overall MK
-Put in a Villains themed land between Fantasyland and Toontwon, with a Spider-manesque ride where Mickey and the Disney heroes fight the Disney Villains.

EPCOT
Future World
-Bring back an updated original JII
-Make Soarin' into Soarin':Over the World
-Update UoE
-Make Test Track less of a GM commercial, and a little more educational
-Keep The Seas the way it is, I love it.
-Add onto M:S and make it more of a complete pavilion
-Knock down WoL and build a new health/body themed pavilion
World Showcase
-Build a Greece Pavilion with a Greek Mythology thrill ride(NOT Hercules themed, real Greek Mythos)
-Finish the Germany and Italy rides

Studios
-Get rid of the "working" studio theme
-Get rid of the Hat
-Update some of the GMR. Get rid of Tarzan in favor of a Star Wars scene or a Lord of the Rings scene(if possible).
-Update the Indy Stunt Show to incorporate all 4 movies, instead of just Raiders
-Bring on Star Tours 2.0
-Build the Great Muppet Movie Ride and change Mama Melrose's into Gonzo's Italian Restaurant to complete Muppet Studios
-Rip out BLT and build Carsland, change HISTK to Bug's Life, and build the M:I coaster to complete Pixar Studios.
-Change the story of Fantasmic! to Mickey traveling through great movie moments.

DAK
-Rip out Dinorama, and replace it with a ride that I like to call "Anti-Dinosaur" where it would be the calm, dino-safari that you are supposed to be on. It would be nice, so that the small kids could see Dinosaurs, too.
-Fix the freaking Yeti
-Move FOTLK to Africa, and build Mysterious Island where CMM is.
-Add a Jungle Book dark ride to Asia
-Get pandas
-Maybe add Australia, but I don't think this one is a necessity
-Add some more sit-down dinning

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
so, I found a recent pic of the OP, grizz

211l1nc.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Probably not, but the theater isn't a circle-vision theater anymore anyway.

Well since Circle-Vision is just ordinary film projected in a circle, I'm guessing you could, but it would be very tricky, especially since you'd have to make sure the layers of film are all spaced apart according to whichever circle section is next to the last one.

True, it's not there anymore, but the idea sounds interesting (does it have to be Wall-E? Not that I don't love the guy but I'd rather not replace Pixar with Pixar).

SirGoofy

True, it's not there anymore, but the idea sounds interesting (does it have to be Wall-E? Not that I don't love the guy but I'd rather not replace Pixar with Pixar).

Personally I could care less that it's Pixar. My beef with MILF is that it doesn't fit thematically, whereas WALL-E would. I liked Timekeeper, but IMO it isn't something I'm dying to have back, and WALL-E is my favorite Pixar film, so I'd be fine with an attraction based off of it. But I can see where you are coming from.

I'd actually like the E-ticket that would be between Space and Buzz be an AE spin-off concept I came up with, but yea, who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom