"Let There be Peace on Earth" Illuminations Tag

speck76

Original Poster
PhotoDave219 said:
To answer your question, (again), Holiday Music.

The holiday music played afterwards is the music that is coordinated to the light arches between FW and WS.

PhotoMom524

Went to Candelight ceremony, Fireworks & holiday tag last night. It was an incredible night. The candelight ceremony was very inspiring, including snowing at the end, and the music was wonderful. The fireworks and the tag afterwards had me speechless...I was totally blown away.

:sohappy:

Epcot82Guy

Just for the record, they have done Holiday music after the full Illuminations sequence for the past few years. I know in 2002, they still used "Promise," but as you neared the lights of winter arch and FW, the holiday music took over, and the arch and Fountain of Nations were going for a good 15 minutes or more after Illuminations ended. It really is very well done IMHO. I REALLY wish I could come see the tag (actually saw it when it first was done and would love to see it on ROE, since that is my favorite evening show by far).

Pixie Duster

PhotoMom524 said:
Went to Candelight ceremony, Fireworks & holiday tag last night. It was an incredible night. The candelight ceremony was very inspiring, including snowing at the end, and the music was wonderful. The fireworks and the tag afterwards had me speechless...I was totally blown away.

:sohappy:

Hi PhotoMom :wave:

mattb

Darn! Missed this by two days! Oh well. I'll just have to go back and see this new ending.

What is this candlelight parade? I usually don't make it to Disney at Christmastime, so a lot of these holiday festivities are new to me (or at least it's been about 8-10 years since I last encountered them). Is it at Epcot somewhere?

cherrynegra

PhotoDave219 said:
Can Y'all Read? :fork:

Photos and video ready yet Dave?

Is it ready? Is it ready? Are we there yet? What's taking so long? Are the videos ready? Are the pics ready? Is it ready? Huh, Dave? Dave? Huh, Dave? Is it ready? :lol:

Gail Hayden

cherrynegra said:

Is it ready? Is it ready? Are we there yet? What's taking so long? Are the videos ready? Are the pics ready? Is it ready? Huh, Dave? Dave? Huh, Dave? Is it ready? :lol:
ROTFLMAO!!!! You are too funny. Thank you for the chuckle, I needed it.

PhotoDave219

cherrynegra said:

ROFLMFAO! :D Nice, Gordon, Nice....

Epcot82Guy

mattb said:
Darn! Missed this by two days! Oh well. I'll just have to go back and see this new ending.

What is this candlelight parade? I usually don't make it to Disney at Christmastime, so a lot of these holiday festivities are new to me (or at least it's been about 8-10 years since I last encountered them). Is it at Epcot somewhere?
Actually, the Candlelight Processional is not a parade (I guess, except for one small part could be...). Anyway, what it is is that celebrity narrators (usually "accomplished" writers, speakers, etc., not pop icons) come and read the Christmas story in the American Gardens Theater. During this, a large chorus of cast members (from all over property. Volunteer thing, VERY cool to do) sing Christmas carols in costume to go along with the story. This used to be done in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom, but they moved it to Epcot several years ago. I personally am one, having seen both, that thinks the move to Epcot was a great idea, and it makes for a wonderful evening event. :xmas: They also sell packages that include dinner at a WS restaurant and special seating for that night's reading. If you get the chance to go down closer to the Holiday times, be sure and catch this. It is really a pretty darn cool event (especially when followed by a prime viewing of Illuminations! :sohappy: ) I think that's about it. Anyone else, please feel free to add info I missed.

mattb

Epcot82Guy said:
Actually, the Candlelight Processional is not a parade (I guess, except for one small part could be...). Anyway, what it is is that celebrity narrators (usually "accomplished" writers, speakers, etc., not pop icons) come and read the Christmas story in the American Gardens Theater. During this, a large chorus of cast members (from all over property. Volunteer thing, VERY cool to do) sing Christmas carols in costume to go along with the story. This used to be done in front of Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom, but they moved it to Epcot several years ago. I personally am one, having seen both, that thinks the move to Epcot was a great idea, and it makes for a wonderful evening event. :xmas: They also sell packages that include dinner at a WS restaurant and special seating for that night's reading. If you get the chance to go down closer to the Holiday times, be sure and catch this. It is really a pretty darn cool event (especially when followed by a prime viewing of Illuminations! :sohappy: ) I think that's about it. Anyone else, please feel free to add info I missed.
That sounds very cool. I'll have to catch it. Thanks!

Legacy

Epcot82Guy said:
During this, a large chorus of cast members (from all over property. Volunteer thing, VERY cool to do) sing Christmas carols in costume to go along with the story.
I know this is being really picky, but I want to make sure credit is given where credit is due. The Cast Choir makes up the Singing Tree center-stage. They wear the green robes, with green collars. The rest of the choir is made up of high schoolers from around the state (and occasionally other states), that are bussed in to perform.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom