Let It Go or Let it Grow...

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I happened to be watching "The Lorax with my 2 year old granddaughter yesterday and I noticed this song.

Let it Grow...

Then I compared it with Let it Go...

Which do you like the best... I'm partial to Let it Grow. Mostly because I hate the cold probably!

Robin Of Loxley

Let It Grow has not been hammered into our heads over the past 5 months so frequently that it's almost sickening, so it certainly gets my vote as the better song.

Between all the Frozen posts, threads, memes, and references that happen around here habitually, what was once a decent movie & song when first released has now become something nightmares are made of.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I thought whoever was singing 'Let it Go' sounded a bit strained at times. Almost came out screechy. Agree with @Robin Of Loxley , I think quite a few people need to 'let it go' with that song & movie. It was good but not that good.

I tend to agree with you, I've heard Go so much and I didn't like it much until I heard it in the theater and saw how it did fit into the movie well. While it is a solid song I believe fans are grasping hard to Go and Frozen mostly because it is the first Good movie and Good soundtrack in quite some time.

Go and Frozen IMHO is not in the same realm as Lion King or the Lion King Soundtrack, I never tire of the LK soundtrack.

sweetpee_1993

They'll point to the excellent box office numbers. :p
Pearl Harbor got spanked by the critics and I thought it was incredible. I don't let the Hollywood popularity machine dictate what's good/not good for me. I have a brain that thinks independently. But if someone else is impressed with box office numbers, okay. To each their own, right?

Now that I think about it.... Wouldn't box office numbers also depend on competition at the time the movie is running? May not be that it's such an excellent movie, could be that everything else playing sucked more. No? Not saying this was the case in this instance but in general. I've noticed frequently people who want to 'go to the movies' have already decided they're going before they decide what to see. So again, box office numbers could be influenced by the suck-factor of competing films, advertising, etc. Just an observation. I veeeeery rarely go to movie theaters. I find the overall experience annoying. If there's a movie I want to see I wait 6 months for it to release to DVD. Then I own it, can watch repeatedly, can wear my jammies-n-socks, lay in bed, pig out on cheap crap for cheap, and hit the pause button for potty breaks. AND, it costs waaaaaay less. :D

sweetpee_1993

I tend to agree with you, I've heard Go so much and I didn't like it much until I heard it in the theater and saw how it did fit into the movie well. While it is a solid song I believe fans are grasping hard to Go and Frozen mostly because it is the first Good movie and Good soundtrack in quite some time.

Go and Frozen IMHO is not in the same realm as Lion King or the Lion King Soundtrack, I never tire of the LK soundtrack.
Yep. We thought Princess and the Frog, Little Mermaid, and Lion King were all waaaaay better in story & soundtrack. ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Pearl Harbor got spanked by the critics and I thought it was incredible. I don't let the Hollywood popularity machine dictate what's good/not good for me. I have a brain that thinks independently. But if someone else is impressed with box office numbers, okay. To each their own, right?

Now that I think about it.... Wouldn't box office numbers also depend on competition at the time the movie is running? May not be that it's such an excellent movie, could be that everything else playing sucked more. No? Not saying this was the case in this instance but in general. I've noticed frequently people who want to 'go to the movies' have already decided they're going before they decide what to see. So again, box office numbers could be influenced by the suck-factor of competing films, advertising, etc. Just an observation. I veeeeery rarely go to movie theaters. I find the overall experience annoying. If there's a movie I want to see I wait 6 months for it to release to DVD. Then I own it, can watch repeatedly, can wear my jammies-n-socks, lay in bed, pig out on cheap crap for cheap, and hit the pause button for potty breaks. AND, it costs waaaaaay less. :D
I tend to agree. I don't see the appeal.

Is it a good movie? Yes. But it's certainly not excellent or epic.

And, I agree with you about "honest trailers"...he hit the nail on the head. I especially liked his observation at the beginning ("From the animation studio that has learned how to make Pixar movies"). Hahaha

sweetpee_1993

I tend to agree. I don't see the appeal.

Is it a good movie? Yes. But it's certainly not excellent or epic.

And, I agree with you about "honest trailers"...he hit the nail on the head. I especially liked his observation at the beginning ("From the animation studio that has learned how to make Pixar movies"). Hahaha
Honest Trailers guy is awesome! The Walking Dead ones crack me up. Yeah, the part you quoted from the Frozen trailer was so spot-on. LOL!

Robin Of Loxley

Yep. We thought Princess and the Frog, Little Mermaid, and Lion King were all waaaaay better in story & soundtrack. ;)
I think a lot of the reason for Frozen's popularity was mentioned by '74 in the Spirited thread awhile back. Prior to the film's release, certain critics & Disney bloggers were telling people to expect the BEST Disney film in modern era. Thus, many audiences went into the theater expecting this as they were told, despite many of the film's obvious flaws.

Of course there are those who genuinely enjoy the film & find it topping the charts of cinema, which is perfectly fine if that is their cup 'o tea. But the power of the blog & critical acclaim even if fed by The Mouse himself can be of HUGE influence.

Was it an awful movie? Of course not. I went. I was entertained for the most part (though the ongoing singing became monotonous after the first 10-minutes). It certainly doesn't belong in the cellar-dweller category of "worst" Disney films of all-time. But it was far from "The best thing Disney has given us since 'Beauty & The Beast' " To be frank, I never started to dislike the movie until it's references were shoved in our faces non-stop via the magic of the interwebs.

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

I think a lot of the reason for Frozen's popularity was mentioned by '74 in the Spirited thread awhile back. Prior to the film's release, certain critics & Disney bloggers were telling people to expect the BEST Disney film in modern era. Thus, many audiences went into the theater expecting this as they were told, despite many of the film's obvious flaws.

Of course there are those who genuinely enjoy the film & find it topping the charts of cinema, which is perfectly fine if that is their cup 'o tea. But the power of the blog & critical acclaim even if fed by The Mouse himself can be of HUGE influence.

Was it an awful movie? Of course not. I went. I was entertained for the most part (though the ongoing singing became monotonous after the first 10-minutes). It certainly doesn't belong in the cellar-dweller category of "worst" Disney films of all-time. But it was far from "The best thing Disney has given us since 'Beauty & The Beast' " To be frank, I never started to dislike the movie until it's references were shoved in our faces non-stop via the magic of the interwebs.
I don't have the time or attention span to keep up with '74's spirited thread. LOL! I just pop in from time to time.

After all the hype I sat down expecting Frozen to be the most wonderfullest thing in forever. Well, that didn't happen. Like you, 10 minutes in I was kinda dulled to the rest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom