Let’s all take a moment... (Positive thread)

VJ

Not sure this qualifies, but it's one of my favorite Disney stories. My first time to Disney was as an adult, roughly 25 years old with my then girlfriend and eventual wife. She hadn't been there since she was about 12 YO, but remembered quite well. I had literally no interest in anything Disney, and honestly although I love the parks, still don't care much about the characters. I remember on the flight to Orlando I was working on my laptop, and my "girlfriend" asks me why I'm not more excited, "do you even know where you're going???" I said something like, "sure, it's like a really big Six Flags. I get it." She replies, "Uh, NO. It's not 'a really big Six Flags'. You have no idea." I scoffed, and continued working.

We get there late in the evening. The next morning we wake up and get into some major argument. I have no idea what about honestly. We grab breakfast, and go to the shuttle for our first day which is at MK. Since the argument we haven't said a word to each other. We get to MK, go through the gate, and take our first steps into the MK circa 2000. It was absolutely magical! We both turned into little kids and absorbed every bit of detail as we walked down Main St. I remember feeling like a kid running down Main St. with a giant helium balloon. By the time we got to the Ice Cream Parlor, we had completely forgotten about whatever it was we argued about, and were giggling like fools. Great memories of my first trip! 🤣
This is what Disney parks (and Disney in general) are all about. Taking one's cares and fears away and replacing them with pure, unbridled, childlike happiness and wonder. I love this story. ♥

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you @FigmentForver96
We have a few that really stand out. Tangled hadn't been out long so we rope dropped the Rapunzel and Flynn M&G with our luck the hair braiders were late and Rapunzel wouldn't be there for an hour. My ds was being super cute and the only kid saying it was ok if he only got to meet Flynn (the only boy not in a stroller in a sea of princesses) I have to admit the CMs did a great job of trying to keep all the kids entertained but went above and beyond when a very nice gentleman in a tie came over and asked if my ds wanted a private M&G and did he. We were walked back by the CM entrance/exit in Fantasyland. Tearing up..... my ds and Flynn goofed around walking towards the carousel over to the Sword and the Stone and my ds got to pull it out. That was a great morning topped off by both of them getting "chased" by the evil step sisters.
Another that stands out was our first SWW which my ds helped plan out down to his costume. Nothing beats camping out on a sidewalk most of the night with the other like minded people who were all wonderful all talking about all things SW. Some stranger and I'm not sure who went to one of the CMs telling her what a big SW fan my ds was so before we even got through the turnstiles she asked if he wanted to be in the parade. Thank you anonymous person and CM for getting him in it and for giving him a ST fp
Not WDW but KSC my ds was talking to a retired engineer about wanting to work there someday. Long story short He told my ds he had to have excellent grades in both math and science. To this day they are his favorite subjects and he doesn't have to be told twice to keep his grades up. Oh man who decided to chop onions

donaldtoo

A pic of our granddaughter Emory (“Emy”) from her first ever Walt Disney World trip in Oct. of ‘19, from the Jungle Cruise...!!!!!!!!!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::happy:

93B7BCEF-3144-4CB9-9333-4E4C41FBFB2F.jpeg

allymonkey

1994. My sisters and I were 24, 16, and 14. On the bus back from Magic Kingdom on 4th of July there was a group of guys (early 20's maybe) singing songs and they began singing "Wheels on the bus" but got stuck on the words. My sister was an Elementary school music teacher at the time so she helped out with the forgotten words. More and more people joined in the song. Then my sister asked the 'boyband' if they knew "This is the Song That Never Ends." She taught them the words and again several people around us joined in singing.
Skip ahead a few days and we are at The Disney Marketplace (it had not yet been renamed Downtown Disney) shopping in the large store that is now World of Disney. Suddenly a guy comes running across the store to my sister and says "What were the words to that song again?" It was one of the guys from the bus who had wanted to know the "Song That Never Ends."

Last edited:

PeoplemoverTTA

It was the day after my wedding, and it was a rainy one. We just had our farewell breakfast at ‘Ohana, and most of us had gone over to MK after. We made our way to CoP and filled up the back row. In the previous few years, we had lost my mom and grandma, but in that moment I looked down at the entire row, and saw all of us together, with Mom and Grandma smiling. It was such a simple little moment - we were just seeing CoP, but it made me profoundly happy and, aside from actually getting married on the beach at the Swan, is my favorite memory of the trip 😍

BuckyMom

1999. First time with my then 3yr old son. Walking up Main St on my husband's shoulders and asks "Which window is hers?" I'm baffled but he's looking at the castle, it dawned on me that it was all real to him. Cinderella lived there and apparently Mickey and Minnie had rooms in the castle too. That trip was truly awesome....even when he urgently needed a bathroom on the Liberty Belle. That was one longgggg boat ride.

BAChicagoGal

My husband and I took our grandson, then 4, to Disney World. We stayed at the Polynesian. My husband loved the boat from the Polynesian to the Magic Kingdom. WDW was celebrating it's 25th at the time. The castle was all decorated up like a birthday cake and that was my first vision of it. The castle was huge, and it towered over us. It was my 50th birthday, and I got to eat a birthday dinner at Ohana, where we watched Wishes. Of course, my grandson pushed a coconut across the floor, and my husband remembers watching that instead.

Speed ahead to 2003. My grandson was now 10, and his mom and I planned a WDW trip. Every time I asked him if he was looking forward to going back, he said "NO!" I didn't understand why. I knew he had a good time before. I finally asked him why? He looked at me with a straight face and replied, " because the castle isn't a cake anymore!"

donaldtoo

Omg she is precious!

Thank you so very much...!!! :)
She is an absolute doll, and I had the pleasure of being there to take that very pic...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy:
We did a “Worldwind” trip on Oct. 29th...we flew to WDW and back home on the same day...!!!!! :hilarious:
Here’s a link to the TR...

And, another B-E-A-Utiful memory from that “Worldwind” ;) trip...!!!!!!! :inlove::happy:

Pepper's Ghost

This is what Disney parks (and Disney in general) are all about. Taking one's cares and fears away and replacing them with pure, unbridled, childlike happiness and wonder. I love this story. ♥

Thanks all, and VJ! The story of an argument is a little embarrassing to tell, but it's such a good story. Only kindred spirits like you on these boards could truly understand why it even happened. 😁 Others probably think it's kind of weird, but that's their loss. 🤪

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
I remember being a big fan of Hidden Mickeys and having trouble on The Great Movie Ride. We happened to be sitting front row and our guide was willing to help us. Between lines she would use a light and would point them out to us. I really don’t know how our gangster knew because he ended up doing the same thing. As a child, I really appreciated that lol.

belledream

Not necessarily a Disney Parks memory or story, but growing up, I was a huge hoarder of all things Disney. Every piece of promotional mail or picture of anything-Disney in a magazine would be saved/cut out and pinned to a corkboard I called my Disney Dream Board. Seriously, a pin offer with the title, “What’s your cup of tea?” with a picture of a resort from each category: Value, Moderate, Deluxe, Villas... DCL advertisements... MNSSHP promo picture, New Fantasyland announcements... it’s all there. I just kept all these pictures because I loved everything Disney, but I never knew that I’d actually get to experience all these things in my lifetime.

My almost 2yo loves sitting in my lap and pointing at all the different pictures and I told him, Hey! A lot of these dreams have actually come true... including you! And it’s all thanks to your daddy. It was just one of those moments my heart swelled with love and gratitude.

On the board, still to come some day in all our adventures... Aulani, Alaskan Cruise, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Art of Animation... and much, much more. :)

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Last July it was my sister and I on HM:

Ride stopped and an announcement was made from a CM that your doom buggies will begin moving immediately... and they did.

My sister: says something....
Me: Japan?
My sister: bursts out laughing
Me: what?! you asked where do you think she's from?
My sister: NO I said wow she was accurate this time!
Both of us: laughing uncontrollably
My sister: you are probably right about where she's from though

I have no idea how I got what I got from what she said lol.
But the rest of the trip we'd randomly just say "where do you think she's from?" "Japan?".
Even now I just reminded her about it and we laughed for a few minutes before I actually typed this out lol.

FigmentForver96

Original Poster
Last July it was my sister and I on HM:

Ride stopped and an announcement was made from a CM that your doom buggies will begin moving immediately... and they did.

My sister: says something....
Me: Japan?
My sister: bursts out laughing
Me: what?! you asked where do you think she's from?
My sister: NO I said wow she was accurate this time!
Both of us: laughing uncontrollably
My sister: you are probably right about where she's from though

I have no idea how I got what I got from what she said lol.
But the rest of the trip we'd randomly just say "where do you think she's from?" "Japan?".
Even now I just reminded her about it and we laughed for a few minutes before I actually typed this out lol.
This one made me chuckle! Thanks for sharing!!
Keep sharing the stories everyone! It’s in times like these we remember we are all humans who share a similar story. It’s time like these we can bond and be united.

LauraRose

In 2017 I visited with my mum and dad and was our first trip in a few years. The first ride we went on was Thunder Mountain and the CM sent me and my mum to one row and my dad the one behind us. Of course you have the people in front of who are about to get on before it’s your turn.

The gates opened and the two in front of us get into the cart and the gates close, we turn around to look at my dad and to see he isn’t standing there. He’s only gone and squeezed himself in with this couple because he forgot he would get a cart to himself. The look on his face when he seen us still standing there and realised his mistake was priceless especially as the train was pulling off. Me and my mum spent the whole ride laughing, as we got off he was stood with his tail between his legs.

Apparently it was a couple on their honeymoon and my dad apologised as soon as he got on and the guy was really nasty and said he’s ruined their honeymoon and spent the whole ride with his arm around his wife apologising to her! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom