Les Miserables in the parks?

Where would Les Mis fit better?

• Total voters

Tip Top Club

WHICH IS WHY I SAID A FEW TIMES A YEAR! I dont even mean just at epcot but to have the show come to disney to perform and Have a ticket admittance event I think would be awesome! I mean the stage show doesnt really grasp the true horrors of it unless your a little older to comprehend you know? for most kids it would fly over there heads and Most of the time kids wouldnt go anyway! I still think It could work.

Now there is an idea in here that I think is a very good one. I think Downtown Disney would be a great spot for a world-Class Broadway Style Theater. Build a huge spectacular theater that touring productions can stop at. Maybe open a U.S. tour of Newsies here, or something. Make sure the various Disney Broadway shows stop here, and then just become a regular theater like any other, with shows stopping by for a few weeks or months, or maybe even debut and test new shows here.

Orlando doesn't have a great theater district so it would attract locals, and I think a lot of people would consider adding a night to their vacation for it. Or if not adding a night then spending a night shopping and dining at Downtown Disney before the shows. Bring in more revenue and maybe get our real expansion. (Or even a bold new vision, if we're lucky).

ctxak98

Yes! Sort of like a, "Great Musical Ride"! Not a show, but a journey into some of the most famous plays and musicals of all time! Universal Studios seems to focus on entertainment as a whole, and Broadway is definitely entertainment. I think it could really work, and it would draw a lot of the musical junkies out there.

I guess your right. It will never happen. Just really love the musical! But I love the idea of taking Highlight songs from some of the best musicals and having a musical journey like TGMR....I love musicals and they need more recognition than what they get now!

Disneyhead'71

Now there is an idea in here that I think is a very good one. I think Downtown Disney would be a great spot for a world-Class Broadway Style Theater. Build a huge spectacular theater that touring productions can stop at. Maybe open a U.S. tour of Newsies here, or something. Make sure the various Disney Broadway shows stop here, and then just become a regular theater like any other, with shows stopping by for a few weeks or months, or maybe even debut and test new shows here.

Orlando doesn't have a great theater district so it would attract locals, and I think a lot of people would consider adding a night to their vacation for it. Or if not adding a night then spending a night shopping and dining at Downtown Disney before the shows. Bring in more revenue and maybe get our real expansion. (Or even a bold new vision, if we're lucky).
They are building The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts as we speak. It is a multi-theater complex. With The Disney Theater: a 2,700 seat "amplified" hall suitable for full blown Broadway shows. A 1,700 seat acoustic Symphonic Hall which will become the new home of The Orlando Symphony Orchestra and Orlando Ballet, and a 300 seat "community theater". It is an intimate hall for small groups, soloists. It should open for the 2014-2015 season.

http://www.drphillipscenter.org

Tip Top Club

They are building The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts as we speak. It is a multi-theater complex. With The Disney Theater: a 2,700 seat "amplified" hall suitable for full blown Broadway shows. A 1,700 seat acoustic Symphonic Hall which will become the new home of The Orlando Symphony Orchestra and Orlando Ballet, and a 300 seat "community theater". It is an intimate hall for small groups, soloists. It should open for the 2014-2015 season.

http://www.drphillipscenter.org

That's very cool, I'd never heard of that. Thanks for sharing.

That being said, I'm talking about a place for both Locals and Tourists. That will only attract Locals.

Turtle

Or even put Beauty and her Beast out of our misery?
that too. i was thinking that newsies would look fantastic in the middle of new york... or an amphitheater in the middle of new york lol. But we do have enough shows, so we should get rid of Indy, Beauty, and Little Mermaid.

bsiev1977

No.
No.
No.
No.

I just can't even fathom this.

I'm sorry to be so negative, I know I'm a huge Debby Downer, but really...No!

The film is about people who are....Miserable! Nothing good happens in the whole story until the very end, and even that is kind of a downer due to a major character's death (I won't say who, I'm trying not to spoil). This is not a theme park attraction. A theme park show. It needs to stay far away from theme parks. Especially the happiest (sorry, Most Magical) place on Earth.

What you said!

ctxak98

that too. i was thinking that newsies would look fantastic in the middle of new york... or an amphitheater in the middle of new york lol. But we do have enough shows, so we should get rid of Indy, Beauty, and Little Mermaid.
I agree it fits better in the new york area! I actually think Disney should creat a show With the Musical hits there. And have random dancers and singers perform songs from classics such as Singin in the rain or newer ones such as Les mis, or even Hairspray?? Idk just a thought. I really dont think any Disney show fits Sunset Boulevard vibe.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Late at night, right after seeing Les Mis and after logging onto WDWMagic your mind plays tricks on you. My apologies.
I agree about the "Great Musical Ride". Good idea!
@BryceM Haha! Or ananimatronic scene of her going to work if you know what I mean. :eek:

scoobygirl39541

I have an idea. Universal and Warner Bros. have the rights to some great Broadway Musicals or the Movies based on them such as Les Mis, Wicked, In the Heights, Phantom, Sweeney Todd. And United Artists has West Side Story.

What if Universal Studios Florida took out Twister (it's in the New York Section of the park) and remade it to a Broadway style theater and put is a show style after the Tony's and included highlights from them all?

yes please please please!!! I LOVE Broadway so much. Would love to see something in the parks that honors this. However, I don't know about a show... maybe something like the great movie ride only updated and full of effects. Could really be something spectacular.

Tip Top Club

off-topic, do you think it'd be possible for a shortened Newsies play in the old theater in Streets of America?

I think it would be very possible. If the movie had done better I'd say it's a done deal, but it didn't. Maybe see if they do a national tour and see how well-received it is across America before pressing play.

I'd really like to see Wishes- The Cruise line show brought to Studios. I think It's a great High Energy show with modern movies like Tangled, Hercules, and Mulan, Along with Classics like Jungle Book and Pinocchio. I think it fits the vibe of studios very well, That's my current dream to replace BATB, but I'm aware it will never happen!

donaldtoo

I think, on any given day, along with all the Magic, I have seen plenty of Les Miserables-like guests in the Parks. No need for an attraction. ;)

RonAnnArbor

"Maybe see if they do a national tour and see how well-received it is across America before pressing play."

Um, you know the national tour has been on the road almost continually for the past 27 years, right? Including the one that is currently on the road that has been out for 2 years now.....

lazyboy97o

"Maybe see if they do a national tour and see how well-received it is across America before pressing play."

Um, you know the national tour has been on the road almost continually for the past 27 years, right? Including the one that is currently on the road that has been out for 2 years now.....
I believe @Tip Top Club was referencing the Newsies musical which recently debuted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom