Les Miserables in the parks?

Where would Les Mis fit better?

• Total voters

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Who owns the theme park rights and wouldn't a small area and ride based on this be amazing in Epcot's France?

Tip Top Club

No.
No.
No.
No.

I just can't even fathom this.

I'm sorry to be so negative, I know I'm a huge Debby Downer, but really...No!

The film is about people who are....Miserable! Nothing good happens in the whole story until the very end, and even that is kind of a downer due to a major character's death (I won't say who, I'm trying not to spoil). This is not a theme park attraction. A theme park show. It needs to stay far away from theme parks. Especially the happiest (sorry, Most Magical) place on Earth.

Matt7187

No.
No.
No.
No.

I just can't even fathom this.

I'm sorry to be so negative, I know I'm a huge Debby Downer, but really...No!

The film is about people who are....Miserable! Nothing good happens in the whole story until the very end, and even that is kind of a downer due to a major character's death (I won't say who, I'm trying not to spoil). This is not a theme park attraction. A theme park show. It needs to stay far away from theme parks. Especially the happiest (sorry, Most Magical) place on Earth.
I 1000% agree. I couldn't even imagine that in a park! What would you even put in that area?

ctxak98

ON ANOTHER POINT! It is one of the most amazing musical/operas ever created. I LOVE IT! and I can definately see it having a home at Disney....somewhere. NOT permanent but maybe a few times a year event that would have people coming to see it! I think it could work! its a masterpiece. I mean the Haunted Mansion, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror and many other sections arent neccesarily HAPPY...lame excuse

Tip Top Club

Yes, Les Mis is spectacular, not debating that.

But in none of those other properties does everyone die, police shoot civilians, children are sold, and good people are forced into prostitution.

Sorry, it doesn't work. It needs to stay far away from here.

ctxak98

WHICH IS WHY I SAID A FEW TIMES A YEAR! I dont even mean just at epcot but to have the show come to disney to perform and Have a ticket admittance event I think would be awesome! I mean the stage show doesnt really grasp the true horrors of it unless your a little older to comprehend you know? for most kids it would fly over there heads and Most of the time kids wouldnt go anyway! I still think It could work.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Come on jdm, come on.

I think what angers me the most is that you didn't put a "No way" option in the poll!
It was just a poll that if it was suddenly decided that it would go into a park, where should it go? Not trying to seem like a pusher on things. I just think it needs something, even the subtlest of nods do it, in a theme park. I like @ctxak98 's idea of the show coming in a few times a year. I would just build a small sidesteps with a barricade and a red flag at the top. Not saying they SHOULD do it, only what I would do IF they did

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
WHICH IS WHY I SAID A FEW TIMES A YEAR! I dont even mean just at epcot but to have the show come to disney to perform and Have a ticket admittance event I think would be awesome! I mean the stage show doesnt really grasp the true horrors of it unless your a little older to comprehend you know? for most kids it would fly over there heads and Most of the time kids wouldnt go anyway! I still think It could work.
Well put. Kids don't really go to Impressions de France so if Les Miserables was there, it wouldn't be attended by kids but it would be much more entertaining than IdF . A plus for the France pavilion.

lazyboy97o

Not necessarily saying a Disney Park. Again, not saying it should go in park. Just think some relation or small area with hints to it would be cool anywhere. So does Universal own ALL rights?
But why? What experience is enhanced by the presentation of related images? Details are only details if they support something that is happening. What is gained by tossing in a reference to the Bishop of D- except that those familiar get to know something else which is otherwise unrelated?

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Wow. On an IMAGINEERING forum I get attacked for just bringing up something related to a phenomenal movie and musical and how it would be considered in a theme park. Obviously, there would be fanboy outcry. Conclusion reached

Matt7187

Wow. On an IMAGINEERING forum I get attacked for just bringing up something related to a phenomenal movie and musical and how it would be considered in a theme park. Obviously, there would be fanboy outcry. Conclusion reached
I don't think you were attacked, per se, but merely it was your idea didn't get as much praise as you wished. I pulled out my synonym book for that sentence. Haha

Disneyhead'71

I have an idea. Universal and Warner Bros. have the rights to some great Broadway Musicals or the Movies based on them such as Les Mis, Wicked, In the Heights, Phantom, Sweeney Todd. And United Artists has West Side Story.

What if Universal Studios Florida took out Twister (it's in the New York Section of the park) and remade it to a Broadway style theater and put is a show style after the Tony's and included highlights from them all?

A113PoCfan

I don't see where you can put it. Maybe Downtown Disney can open a Broadway style theater like Disneyhead'71 said and put on shows like that. Honestly, Les Mis does not seem very Disney like.

RonAnnArbor

None. Les Miserables rights are owned by Cameron Macintosh and he will never sell anything to Disney or Universal. Plus, this would be a horrendous idea in any theme park. Might as well create a Schindler's List attraction while you are imagineering....

WED99

It was just a poll that if it was suddenly decided that it would go into a park, where should it go? Not trying to seem like a pusher on things. I just think it needs something, even the subtlest of nods do it, in a theme park. I like @ctxak98 's idea of the show coming in a few times a year. I would just build a small sidesteps with a barricade and a red flag at the top. Not saying they SHOULD do it, only what I would do IF they did

Who owns the theme park rights and wouldn't a small area and ride based on this be amazing in Epcot's France?

You asked who owns the theme park rights, answer is no body. Then you mentioned an idea about an area and ride in Epcot's France, in which I responded no way! World showcase is supposed to show people the beauty of certain countries, I don't think france would like it very much if a rundown dirty area was added. I could see it as a show in universal, just a highlight reel, but not in Disney. It will never happen, sorry to be a dream crusher but even imagineers need to be realistic sometimes.

BryceM

I have an idea. Universal and Warner Bros. have the rights to some great Broadway Musicals or the Movies based on them such as Les Mis, Wicked, In the Heights, Phantom, Sweeney Todd. And United Artists has West Side Story.

What if Universal Studios Florida took out Twister (it's in the New York Section of the park) and remade it to a Broadway style theater and put is a show style after the Tony's and included highlights from them all?
Yes! Sort of like a, "Great Musical Ride"! Not a show, but a journey into some of the most famous plays and musicals of all time! Universal Studios seems to focus on entertainment as a whole, and Broadway is definitely entertainment. I think it could really work, and it would draw a lot of the musical junkies out there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom