Len Testa Crowd Analysis

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You do not need a totalitarian regime to rewrite history.
Almost every single country does their own version of PR, propaganda and "nationalism. In news ,schools, etc..

I have yet to see any school in the USA that actually informs their students of what caused Iran to become an enemy for example.
You will be surprised on how many "little" things are committed to make(the respective nations) look like "the good guys" with blindly nationalism disguised as patriotism.

In Iran the CIA toppled a democratically elected leader and replaced him with the Shah.

Interesting that nearly all this type of stuff is done by quintessential 'deep state' agencies like the CIA. Who also ran 'Air America' who smuggled drugs out of SE Asia.

asianway

Not at all, their main reason is try to again push harder to sell more food, snacks and merchandise. By forcing people to depend entirely on fastpasss and getting them sick from waiting on normal queues.. they are literally pushing them all to stores and restaurants(harder now with the removal of almost all the seating on all parks). Its pure blatant manipulation and crowd management than actually giving better service.

This is pure wall street "cost cuts and efficiency" against service quality.
Heres my question - why do they still allow in outside food?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Heres my question - why do they still allow in outside food?

Remember Spirit aka @WDW1974 said that outside food would be a thing of the past this year, We still have 8 months to go.

My guess is when outside food is banned it will be for 'security' reasons, Those packages of string cheese in the urban assault stroller might actually be C4 and those bottles of coke and sprite might be the components for a liquid explosive.

And the financial results of the 'security upgrade' will be extremely pleasing to Disney's Wall Street Masters.

njDizFan

As much as I'd like to argue this with you, I don't want to.

You operate in a place where you find it's easy to compare one of the most savage leaders of the 20th century who killed millions with an entertainment company that makes cartoons.

That's not a place where I'm willing to go. So enjoy your continued residence there.
Both of you are using a nice dose of hyperbole. Comparing anyone to Stalin (unless it is Hitler) is certainly off base. Separating out the atrocities, yes many governments alter facts to suit their needs in especially Soviet Russia. But stating that Disney is a just a cartoon creator is disingenuous. As the 3rd largest media conglomerate they have tentacles reaching billions of eyeballs. I'll let everyone else decide which infraction is more egregious.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
In Iran the CIA toppled a democratically elected leader and replaced him with the Shah.

Interesting that nearly all this type of stuff is done by quintessential 'deep state' agencies like the CIA. Who also ran 'Air America' who smuggled drugs out of SE Asia.
So, you're saying that the current long lines at WDW are the result of a CIA conspiracy to replace the CEO of Disney and distribute drugs in the parks??? :cautious:

jakeman

Both of you are using a nice dose of hyperbole. Comparing anyone to Stalin (unless it is Hitler) is certainly off base. Separating out the atrocities, yes many governments alter facts to suit their needs in especially Soviet Russia. But stating that Disney is a just a cartoon creator is disingenuous. As the 3rd largest media conglomerate they have tentacles reaching billions of eyeballs. I'll let everyone else decide which infraction is more egregious.
Fair point. I'll admit it was an oversimplification of TWDC role in the world to make a point.

How about we shouldn't compare The Walt Disney Company to Stalin because they photoshopped one picture that is hanging in the back of a quick serve?

Last edited:

Capsin4

They are not running attractions with reduced staffing or reduced attraction hourly capacity. It's just that the parks are THAT busy. I've been talking to my friends over at Universal Orlando and they've been telling me that the parks have actually been going over projections for how many guests they are getting. Venues have been having to call employees to come in on non-scheduled days. They don't even know where the crowds are coming from either, and I'm hearing this from multiple departments. The rule of thumb for most of these parks is that you can gauge a crowd based off historic wait times (not by using a crowd calendar or estimator) but by looking at the actual wait times of the attractions. A good example of that at Epcot is Imagination, when you see that attraction posting higher than 10mn you know it's a very busy day or SSE where you can see it hit 25mn+ on the weekend with really only 4 people operating the attraction with others as greeter or Project tomorrow. There is no busy season anymore and there is no slow season. It's all just a season, and that's where they achieve in their tiered pricing, they are able to not have any form of fluctuation in guest numbers. In terms of guest numbers look at it this way... if you wanted to come in for a 4 or 5 day vacation you would rather come in when it's cheaper, Monday - Friday where it's value or regular. Then you have those who want to come in when their free (i.e. the Weekend) and pay for Peak tickets. You also have those with APs who with the ever increasing pricing of the tickets feel like they have to come in to get more of their value.

Here is a bit more of the psychology of three tier pricing.
http://www.channeldynamics.com.au/channel_dynamics/the-value-of-a-three-tier-pricing-strategy
https://www.jeremysaid.com/blog/customers-will-choose-middle-offer/
http://changingminds.org/disciplines/marketing/pricing/three-tier_pricing.htm

I thought tiered pricing applied only to single day tickets. Seems like the impact of shifting crowds due to tiered pricing should be small.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
So, you're saying that the current long lines at WDW are the result of a CIA conspiracy to replace the CEO of Disney and distribute drugs in the parks??? :cautious:

No Just answering, @Cesar R M question as to whether Americans were taught in school what caused the iranian islamic revolution (of course i did not go to a government school)

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Fair point. I'll admit it was an oversimplification of TWDC role in the world to make a point.

How about we shouldn't compare The Walt Disney Company to Stalin because they photoshopped one picture that is hanging in the back of a quick serve?

Disney has photoshopped Many pictures I used that one as an example.

It's also a beautiful example of the 'streisand effect' if Disney had left it alone precisely no one (except Iger) would have cared. By editing that insignificant picture it makes you look at all Disney media with a skeptical eye.

Because that picture meant less than nothing why did anyone even bother tampering with it just think about that.

jakeman

Disney has photoshopped Many pictures I used that one as an example.

It's also a beautiful example of the 'streisand effect' if Disney had left it alone precisely no one (except Iger) would have cared. By editing that insignificant picture it makes you look at all Disney media with a skeptical eye.

Because that picture meant less than nothing why did anyone even bother tampering with it just think about that.
Okay...

There...thought about it.

Nope, Disney still isn't Stalin.

Cesar R M

He was comparing a cruise to a character dance party, I presumed the one over at Sunset Showcase.
Aaah!, well if he was comparing parties with parties.. Id say they are pretty similar.. but the ones at Disney Cruise Line always have more characters at same time and a bit more elaborate.

At least that was my experience back in 2014 during my trip to Alaska.

Well, Disney's power, range and money capacity could make them pretty much stronger than some nations in terms of power.

There are very well documented stories about big companies (specially oil and mining) who actually do "rent" mercenaries and involve them in topplings of local governments to steal the resources.

In disney's terms, they are capable of swaying the opinions.

Its not like they haven't. Like Warner Bros.. they ran a lot of propaganda inspired cartoons in their past.
And while the brand "Disney" doesn't fly everywhere in some of their products (like ESPN). they have huge tentacles.

Okay...

There...thought about it.

Nope, Disney still isn't Stalin.

I think he means that Disney has the capacity of using tactics used by dictators like Stalin, not explicitly that Disney will go on rampage to murder people a la Stalin. (example, manipulation and lying for the purpose of convince a group of something)

Besides, they do technically are using one of the dirty tricks of Stalin.. aka Disney is starving its own workers to maintain the status quo of the leadership (Iger, WallStreet and Co).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom