Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow to permanently close Nov 6

Goofnut1980

Did you all know.. HS will be turned into a parking lot. You will park in Sorcerers Hat 1... Tower of Terror 2... Backlot 3 or Rockin Rollercoaster 4.

You are parked in Sorceres Hat 1..This way you can never lose your car. Sorcerers Hat 1... Simply remember which Icon you parked in by taking a selfie... Sorcerers Hat 1.. And if you need any assistance fiding you car please see a CM in yellow and we will assit you. Sorcerers Hat 1.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
It is easy to joke about this attraction, but I will give credit where credit is due.

It was a temporary attraction, replacing a massively outdated one, that took a tiny bit of capacity off the walkways. It probably cost (relatively) minimal dollars to build and maintain. And once it outlived it's usefulness, they shuttered it. Should they have built something bigger and more exciting? Maybe, but if they did, would it have limited their options on the DHS redo if the plans were not already sorted out?

doctornick

I'm surprised about all the hate for this attraction. They couldn't have done much with that small footprint and even though the show was a little corny (more designed for kids obviously), the design inside and the projection of jack sparrow wasn't all that bad

Agreed. I didn't exactly love this, but thought the visuals were pretty good. I think it missed the mark with the guest interaction by being too silly for teens/adults; would have probably worked better just being a show rather than have the guests "participate".

DC0703

This show was alright. Worth seeing if I was in the area and the line was short. The theming in the show's room was pretty cool, though I wasn't a fan of having to stand through the show.

IMHO, the most interesting thing is the timing - that they are taking another attraction down with all of the others going down. My expectations with Disney in regards to new attractions has been low as of late, but I will admit that all of the changes happening at once makes excited that big things may finally be brewing. Especially with all of the rumors flying.

I wonder if that Walt Disney - Man and his Dream exhibit will end up being next to close - isn't that right next to the Jack Sparrow show? I would assume that Vehicle stunt show by Backlot Tour is on its way out as well - when I was there in the early spring, it only had like two show times.

Magenta Panther

This show was alright. Worth seeing if I was in the area and the line was short. The theming in the show's room was pretty cool, though I wasn't a fan of having to stand through the show.

IMHO, the most interesting thing is the timing - that they are taking another attraction down with all of the others going down. My expectations with Disney in regards to new attractions has been low as of late, but I will admit that all of the changes happening at once makes excited that big things may finally be brewing. Especially with all of the rumors flying.

I wonder if that Walt Disney - Man and his Dream exhibit will end up being next to close - isn't that right next to the Jack Sparrow show? I would assume that Vehicle stunt show by Backlot Tour is on its way out as well - when I was there in the early spring, it only had like two show times.

If they close One Man's Dream and don't relocate it...we're talking pitchforks, baby. :mad:

Scar

My gosh, the attraction wasn't THAT bad. It was (a) better than Narnia and (b) better than not having anything. Yes, the whole stomp your feet thing was silly but the effects were actually interesting and I will never turn down the opportunity to laugh at/with Jack Sparrow. Certainly not a stellar attraction but there have been worse.

NMBC1993

Yoo Hoo! *happy dance* My best friend and his family are spending the day at the Studios right now. I'd tell them to make sure and catch it before the close date but you know....it's The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow;)

To be fair though, the show does have three good thing going for it...

1. Capt Jack projection
2. James Arnold Taylor provides the voice of the talking skull
3. Air-Conditioning

Last edited:

jt04

If they close One Man's Dream and don't relocate it...we're talking pitchforks, baby. :mad:

Wouldn't mind much of the OMD content being relocated to DCA. But a small exhibit on MSUSA would be good.

Just relieved that all the Studio "placeholders" are being eliminated so quickly. Obviously the rumors are proving true.

And all those construction walls could prove to be an attraction for many. Me included.

Macca250

I've heard its getting 'reimagined' -
Iger Dream.jpg

Attachments

• Iger Dream.jpg
    Iger Dream.jpg
    356.2 KB · Views: 81

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom