LeFou brew

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Has anyone seen a report on what this is going to taste like? Will it be similar to Harry Potter Worlds butterbeer? That stuff is crazy yummy!

Was just curious! I wish it was open while we are there but we miss it by 1 day.... Sigh...

Thrill Seeker

I liked it, but it's no Butterbeer... It tastes like a frozen apple cider. The foam is interesting. It's passion fruit flavored, but isn't overpowering.

I'd say it's worth trying, but it's not a must get every time like Butterbeer...

OswaldTheRabbit

Original Poster
Oh wow.... That wasn't what I was thinking it would be! I will definitely try it but that is way different than butter beer!

Prince-1

It wasn't bad just not terrible good either. You can almost see the important people of Disney trying to come up with their own Butterbeer to steal some of the thunder from HP. Sorry but back to the drawing board.

lazyboy97o

Worth the price?
Personally, I thought Red's Apple Freeze was decent. I preferred Doc's Grape Tonic, but neither would be a must for me on return visits. Whereas I always get at least one Butterbeer while I'm at Islands of Adventure. I would probably also get Energon more often than I would the two previously mentioned Cars Land drinks. I'd still recommend giving it a try.

Dad 2 M & M

We will certainly try it! I wonder how long it will take for the newness of the place to wear off? My guess will be it will be slammed for quite some time.

bubbles1812

wish they would just serve one good home brewed root beer! :p
I would love that! One of my best memories as a kid was my dad bring home this brand of rootbeer specific to the area I love as a treat for my brothers and I. I think that would be a big hit. And think of all the ice cream floats they could sell too... yum.

DisneyJunkie

In looking over the photos of Gaston's Tavern, and then comparing it to the menu items you can get there......IMO it feels like both a hit and a miss for Disney. There's no denying how beautiful and incredibly-detailed and themed the place is, but it just seems that they've fallen WAY short on the selection of menu items there. Fruit cups? Cinnamon rolls? Sliced apples with caramel? Veggies with dip? Come on.... The only real draw there, other than the place being new, would be Lafou's brew.....which I'm not hearing a lot of raves about. I don't know what it is with Disney, first the turkey legs and now the roasted pork shank, but that stuff looks absolutely disgusting. Gaston's Tavern could have really been something, both with the theming and the food that it offered. They could have had all kinds of interesting drink concoctions offered there and much better food offerings than the rinky stuff I see on its menu right now. It just seems to me that GT was well thought out in one way, and the ball was really dropped in another.

awoogala

I also keep getting the weirdest feeling that it will eventually serve beer. Maybe I am getting cynical from all the Disney boards but as soon as I saw a tavern open, I wondered. Then Be our guest made their announcement, and I thought is this phase 1? Are they starting small, getting us used to it, then later on, planning a slow crawl towards alcohol all over mk? A tavern would be the perfect place.
My other question is why are the animal heads so small? Are they seriously out of scale,or does it look different in person?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom