LED Christmas lights

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I had to replace some of my outdoor lights this year and the stark contrast between my older bulbs and newer ones is quite jarring.
I wan to put some money aside and get all incandescent lights and put the best classic looking LED c9 I can put on them, it will save me allot in the years to come.

LittleBuford

Original Poster
That’s what lead me here…

I like the look of the old style lights too…but I’m glad they’re almost gone.
As multiple posters here have discussed, LEDs can be manufactured to mimic the look of coloured incandescents. At least two companies are already selling such imitations, though they’re not widely available yet. My very first post mentioned one of these companies, Tru-Tone, as an instance of how to do LEDs well.

At no point has anyone in this thread said that Disney should go back to using actual incandescents.

Bocabear

YEARS (decades) ago I was working on a project and I needed a white tree with soft golden lights... The amber was too orance, the yellow too vivid... I took (incandescent back then, but could be done with WW LED lights)clear miniature light strings, Strung them up across my work space, and hand dipped each bulb with a stained glass colorant. It worked beautifully....but was a Huuuuuge pain.

yensidtlaw1969

I'll have to see if I can find a picture - I've had success on small strings of LED lights spraying them with Walnut Wood Tone by Design Master. It's different from traditional spray paint because it sprays with translucency, in effect it's almost more like a Wood Stain than like a traditional spray paint. Made some of my multicolored Fairy Lights feel warmer and less intense with a few light coats and spared me having to treat each bulb individually:

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I was just at Home Depot…they had CASES of SOFT WHITE LED lights…they’ve had them for the past 3-4 years…I personally hate white lights on the tree (but I lost that argument) lol, so I use the LED color lights on the outside…
IMG_5545.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom