Le'Cellier - How Difficult is it to get an ADR?

TowerOfTerror

Tried Le Cellier last week and was underwhelmed. There is way too much hype for this restaurant. Don’t get me wrong the food is quite good for Disney standards but the way people talk about it on here is like it’s the best restaurant they ever had in their life. It’s not worth the money if you are not on the DDP.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Tried Le Cellier last week and was underwhelmed. There is way too much hype for this restaurant. Don’t get me wrong the food is quite good for Disney standards but the way people talk about it on here is like it’s the best restaurant they ever had in their life. It’s not worth the money if you are not on the DDP.

That is what I am thinking. I am going on a cruise in January where I can get the same meal for $30 at their supper club and get unlimited amounts. Although, I like to try things out for myself. So I will likely give it a try.

I have been underwhelmed by Boma (dinner and breakfast) as well as the zebra domes. Many on here swear by all 3 - but besides the ambiance and location, it nothing spectacular.

epcotWSC

I have to agree. I enjoyed my meal, the waiter was fantastic and all, but from here, I expected an almost orgasmic meal. A few members here had said before I went that it's good but nothing amazing, and I agree. It was one of my top 3 meals on my vacation this past summer though. Either way, it's still a good meal and definitely worth trying at least once. I'd definitely return in the future.

wdwwdeagle

I have to agree. I enjoyed my meal, the waiter was fantastic and all, but from here, I expected an almost orgasmic meal. A few members here had said before I went that it's good but nothing amazing, and I agree. It was one of my top 3 meals on my vacation this past summer though. Either way, it's still a good meal and definitely worth trying at least once. I'd definitely return in the future.
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that part of the appeal is that it's a "1 credit" meal for those on the DDP. For most other good steak at WDW you generally have to go to a "2 credit" restaurant (Cali Grill, Yachtsman). Plus, it's in a theme park, which makes it more convenient. So, what might have started as "why spend 2 credits at yachtsman when you can get a similar steak at le cellier" now seems to have morphed into "le cellier is outstanding." Again, just speculating.

Having said all that, I enjoyed my steak at le cellier much more than the one I got at yachtsman!

Disney MDACK

I had the same problem with Crystal Palace on Jan. 16th (their are no times avaible during the whole day). Are the parks really that busy on Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend?

wdwwdeagle

I had the same problem with Crystal Palace on Jan. 16th (their are no times avaible during the whole day). Are the parks really that busy on Martin Luther King Jr. Weekend?
I believe the date you are looking for is during the Crystal Palace refurbishment, so it is showing nothing available.

maggiegrace1

I agree..not as wonderful as everyone makes it out to be..IMO:shrug:

I say the same thing for the Dole Whip..nothing that wonderful!

:lookaroun:D

laward32

I have tried on our past two trips (Oct 2007-at the 180 day window and Sept 2009-at the 90 day window) at 7 am est with no success. It is just a luck thing. It is very popular, so it is a very difficult reservation to get.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I have tried on our past two trips (Oct 2007-at the 180 day window and Sept 2009-at the 90 day window) at 7 am est with no success. It is just a luck thing. It is very popular, so it is a very difficult reservation to get.
Very popular and quite small: Even worse.

disney4life2008

Original Poster
But so so good once u get in :slurp::slurp::slurp:

I am going to give it a try (if I can get it). The $40 (pick) meal sounds good. I usually spend $30 at Ohana so an extra $10 will be ok. Plus, I have Tables in Wonderland. If I can get into Le'Cellier then I will forgo Ohana (but I am making a backup ressie just in case, lol).

worldfanatic

You know, I LIKE Le Cellier ... it's a good Restaurant. But getting a reservation there has just gotten out of hand. I would suggest something else - say, California Grill or Bistro de Paris. I've sort of given up on Le Cellier, not because of the food (it's very good), but because of the mob scene of bookings to it.

Ditto.

And for God's sake Disney. Please make Le Cellier a 2 credit restaurant on the dining plan. You won't be being greedy, just sensible.
Guests have decided Le Cellier is a top notch restaurant (for whatever reason), and you should make them pay for the privliege of dining at this so called "best restaurant I've ever been to".:ROFLOL:
It'll be profitable and free things up for those who want to try it.

Don't get me wrong. Le Cellier is a fine restaurant. But it's become so ridiculously overhyped, 2 credits make sense. Take advantage of those who:

1. Use the Dining Plan.:lol:

and

2. Think this is a high end place.:lol:

Phonedave

I agree..not as wonderful as everyone makes it out to be..IMO:shrug:

I say the same thing for the Dole Whip..nothing that wonderful!

:lookaroun:D

There should be a support group for people who just don't understand some of the hype

Le Celliar - It's OK, but nothing to really write home about.

Dole Whip - Meh, so it's pinapple flavored frozen stuff.

Zebra Domes - I can't figure out what is so all fired great. My two kids tried them and said "people think these are great ?"

Now I will go hide behind the desk :)

-dave

disney4life2008

Original Poster
There should be a support group for people who just don't understand some of the hype

Le Celliar - It's OK, but nothing to really write home about.

Dole Whip - Meh, so it's pinapple flavored frozen stuff.

Zebra Domes - I can't figure out what is so all fired great. My two kids tried them and said "people think these are great ?"

Now I will go hide behind the desk :)

-dave

Dole Whip - while I support the fanatics, it is nothing more than delicious ice cream. BUT I LOVE IT! LOL

Zebra Domes - well, they are not good at all.

eddiemcgarrigle

I'm exactly 180 days out today. I tried booking Le Cellier but kept getting 404 errors so I gave WDW a phone and what do you know, I got the exact day and time that I was after. I even got recommendations for it while booking other restaurants online so there should still be a few bookings out ther for Le Cellier at 6pm if anyone wants to look for them (May 2010). God loves his Scots and their Canadian descendents. :ROFLOL:

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I'm exactly 180 days out today. I tried booking Le Cellier but kept getting 404 errors so I gave WDW a phone and what do you know, I got the exact day and time that I was after. I even got recommendations for it while booking other restaurants online so there should still be a few bookings out ther for Le Cellier at 6pm if anyone wants to look for them (May 2010). God loves his Scots and their Canadian descendents. :ROFLOL:

Great, I will be 180days out on 11/18. Does anyone know what time Dining Reservations open? I will be enroute to Disney at my 180 mark (likely in the air).

disney4life2008

Original Poster
6 am online 7 am on the phone.

Lets see, I am Central Time. So at 5am, I will be at the AirTran gate awaiting to board. I guess I can log online and book it if it lets me. Otherwise, I will have to wait until I get to ATL at 840am and call. I hope this place is worth it, lol.

eddiemcgarrigle

I was still being offered Le Cellier for mid May while I was looking around the online booking this morning. 17th May, 6pm if anyone is interested.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom