Leaving on COP

Phonedave

I honestly think that people don't realize that the theater where you are sitting is what moves. To me it is pretty clear that you are moving between scenes, but I bet many people think the stage is what moves. They think it is nothing more than walking out of say, It's Tough To Be A Bug.

They made it pretty clear on Ellen's Energy Adventure that it was a long ride, and if you stood up, all hell would break loose. I don't think there was any time I rode that and somebody stood up. I have been walked off of it because of ride malfunctions, but not because somebody stood up. The thing is, on that attraction, you KNEW you were moving. I don't think many people know they are moving on CoP.

-dave

Leahbobeah

Last time I rode (earlier this month) the cm was very clear that it was a 20 minute show and you had to remain seated and could not exit during the show. She said it 2 or 3 times in her spiel. She was very professional about it, but also very clear that it was important that everyone understood.
You must have been on the same ride I was on! The cast member even had us repeat "20 minutes" a couple of times.

TwilightZone

I honestly think that people don't realize that the theater where you are sitting is what moves. To me it is pretty clear that you are moving between scenes, but I bet many people think the stage is what moves. They think it is nothing more than walking out of say, It's Tough To Be A Bug.

They made it pretty clear on Ellen's Energy Adventure that it was a long ride, and if you stood up, all hell would break loose. I don't think there was any time I rode that and somebody stood up. I have been walked off of it because of ride malfunctions, but not because somebody stood up. The thing is, on that attraction, you KNEW you were moving. I don't think many people know they are moving on CoP.

-dave
Therefore, we need ellen to come back to tell guests they are moving!

DisneyFreak

You got lucky! Or unlucky depending on your point of view.

1548713477309.png

po1998

As someone who loves CoP and needs at least a couple of visits each trip, it would be very annoying to have the entitled few, decide to leave during the show.

Trackmaster

I'd imagine that the fear is that you find yourself moving between scenes, and you potentially get stuck in the doorway, and crushed by the conveyor belt pushing you through. I'd imagine that it would break a lot of bones if not rip your body in two. I want to say that they should just lock the doors completely and not let you out until the ride is over. Maybe put a bathroom in there too. Its not like you're allowed to get off traditional rides whenever you want while the ride is in motion.

Patrick_Ears

I'd imagine that the fear is that you find yourself moving between scenes, and you potentially get stuck in the doorway, and crushed by the conveyor belt pushing you through. I'd imagine that it would break a lot of bones if not rip your body in two. I want to say that they should just lock the doors completely and not let you out until the ride is over. Maybe put a bathroom in there too. Its not like you're allowed to get off traditional rides whenever you want while the ride is in motion.

That would be interesting having a bathroom on it. lol

Bronson55

Never used to happen but the last few years it's a better than even chance someone will exit. Yes, It can get quite ugly at times. I may have been in the same show that Texas84 was in and I was one of the people making the second group sit back down. Very little respect for others. My wife and I were kids when we went to the 64 Worlds Fair and saw this so it holds a special place for us.
I suggest they add a sign at the beginning of the ramp that gives an overview to as to what to expect.
Something like this taken from Disney sites : Slow moving ,rotating theater show that follows a typical American family through 4 generations of the past 100 years. During each era, learn how the technological marvels of the day have made life more convenient, comfortable and fun—and paved the way for even more new and exciting innovations. * No exit during the 21 minute show as the doors may not line up with exit ramp. Post the sign in both English and non English languages.
It seems so many people either don't understand or have absolutely no interest in this type of attraction. They seem to be annoyed as soon as they realise there are no seat belts. Not finding this attraction interesting is fine however there isn't much empathy for others anymore hence the need for additional steps. Odds of this making an impact probably nil.

Pluto89

The last time we saw the show we had to sit through each scene 2x and once literally in between scenes, because people kept leaving. I absolutely live COP and it is and will always be a must do for me! So when people ruin the show by not following the rules it really annoys me. The CMs kept making announcement but they fell on deaf ears even though the speaker was extremely loud! It got so bad at one point several guests including myself started telling people to sit down and that they shouldn’t have stayed in the theater if they can’t sit for 21 mins and enjoy a classic attraction and a break from the heat! The show eventually got evacuated after getting stuck inbetween scenes. Which as a fan was kinda cool to see them simultaneously. Good thing my other times through that trip went great with no one leaving at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom