Leaving on COP

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I’m on COP last scene just ended. A totally of 9 people have left over the shows time and no announcements have been made about it. Thought this was odd.

Berret

In the Parks
No
I don't believe the doors are locked, so I would assume that once the ride has stopped spinning, you could leave, although I've never thought to leave early. Also I doubt announcements are made every time a person leaves, not to mention that if it was a Disney emergency requiring evacuation, I'm very sure a cast member would have said something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They tell you where the exits are in case you leave early and then freak out when you leave early because leaving early means you have to stand up and if you stand up it comes to a full stop and they scream at you but from where I don't know because they also tell you to see a CM if you need to leave early but the only way to see an CM is to stand up and look for one and there isn't one because a CM doesn't stay with you in your theater...

disneyspirit

They tell you where the exits are in case you leave early and then freak out when you leave early because leaving early means you have to stand up and if you stand up it comes to a full stop and they scream at you but from where I don't know because they also tell you to see a CM if you need to leave early but the only way to see an CM is to stand up and look for one and there isn't one because a CM doesn't stay with you in your theater...
Some guy walked out on the show while we were there, a very loud announcement went on and on about Don't leave the theater blah blah. You're yelling at the wrong people, the guy left already. He's probably at Test Track by now.

castlecake2.0

Most theatre shows will show you what exit to use if you want to leave early, however on COP you are instructed to remain seated at all times, as it is unsafe to leave the theatre when not at load or unload. The entire building rotates and it is extremely dangerous to exit when not instructed to. I’m sure the CMs outside were not happy about it.

TrainsOfDisney

Last time I rode (earlier this month) the cm was very clear that it was a 20 minute show and you had to remain seated and could not exit during the show. She said it 2 or 3 times in her spiel. She was very professional about it, but also very clear that it was important that everyone understood.

castlecake2.0

Last time I rode (earlier this month) the cm was very clear that it was a 20 minute show and you had to remain seated and could not exit during the show. She said it 2 or 3 times in her spiel. She was very professional about it, but also very clear that it was important that everyone understood.

I noticed this when I was on a few weeks ago as well, the CM mentioned several times you were to stay seated. Not sure if the spiel has been updated or if we just had the same hostess.

UKDisney Dave

It’s 2019, no one stays seated for 20 minutes anymore!

What are Disney thinking? Of course guests are going to leave midway through the show, cos once they have instagrammed/tweeted/snap chatted about the “cool retro show” they’re watching with “the puppets in” it, they’re out of there!

No one actually wants to experience the experience any more, they just want to be there to show off to everyone else that they have experienced it.

Plus YouTubers can film the whole thing and add a catchy click bait title to the vlog “you wont believe INSANE reaction of cast member when we left COP early”

I’m joking of course. But just a little bit.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
It’s 2019, no one stays seated for 20 minutes anymore!

What are Disney thinking? Of course guests are going to leave midway through the show, cos once they have instagrammed/tweeted/snap chatted about the “cool retro show” their watching with “the puppets in” it, their out of there!

No one actually wants to experience the experience any more, they just want to be there to show off to everyone else that they have experienced it.

Plus YouTubers can film the whole thing and add a catchy click bait title to the vlog “you wont believe INSANE reaction of cast member when we left COP early”

I’m joking of course. But just a little bit.
They're* = they are.
Their = possession.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wish some could confirm, maybe @marni1971 ?

I believe the doors somehow lock during rotation so it’s impossible to leave if the theater is in motion.
Sigh. It’s not impossible. For safety the doors don’t lock.

Cast often warn about not being able to leave during a show now. For some people one brain cell is too many.

An unauthorised exit leads to a show stop, a very loud PA, and typically the same act being seen again.

And quite often the idiot who leaves opens the door to be greeted by a blank wall instead of Tomorrowland.

Chef Mickey

Sigh. It’s not impossible. For safety the doors don’t lock.

Cast often warn about not being able to leave before a show now. For some people one brain cell is too many.
So, in theory, you could open the doors during motion and have a Disneyland incident?

I really think that should be looked at if true. A timed or motion activated lock seems like a must.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, in theory, you could open the doors during motion and have a Disneyland incident?

I really think that should be looked at if true. A timed or motion activated lock seems like a must.
No. The Disneyland cast member was hit by the wall between each show scene, where the theatre wall meets the stage wall. In WDW that's in the vicinity of the PA wallbox. That is now designed to break under pressure.

Anyone opening an exit door during show or motion initiates an automatic E stop.

Chef Mickey

No. The Disneyland cast member was hit by the wall between each show scene, where the theatre wall meets the stage wall. In WDW that's in the vicinity of the PA wallbox. That is now designed to break under pressure.

Anyone opening an exit door during show or motion initiates an automatic E stop.
I had forgotten the show stops if someone exits even while stopped. That explains rewatching a scene twice. I’m one of the few who is happy when that happens.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster

The show did not stop the 3 times people exited the theatre I was in. But they didn't exit while it was rotating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom