Leaving a car at a resort.....

BuddhasHomeGirl

We are planning to go to the Character breakfast at the Poly in the morning and then to Epcot, can we just leave our van at the Poly for the hours we are at Epcot? I'd hate to get back in the car and then drive to Epcot, or maybe I can just drive to Ticket and Transportation? Hmmmm (Im thinking about the situation as I type :lol:)

Im staying on Disney property, so is it that big of a deal? I have never seen anyone toed, Im not trying to get away with something or anything, I dont have to pay for parking at Epcot anyway so Im not trying to be cheap. :lol: Im just trying to make it easier you know what I mean?

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
We are planning to go to the Character breakfast at the Poly in the morning and then to Epcot, can we just leave our van at the Poly for the hours we are at Epcot? I'd hate to get back in the car and then drive to Epcot, or maybe I can just drive to Ticket and Transportation? Hmmmm (Im thinking about the situation as I type :lol:)

Im staying on Disney property, so is it that big of a deal? I have never seen anyone toed, Im not trying to get away with something or anything, I dont have to pay for parking at Epcot anyway so Im not trying to be cheap. :lol: Im just trying to make it easier you know what I mean?

Spell checking myself: "TOWED"

Im sure someone would have nailed me for it. :brick:

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Even if you're staying at another resort, the "proper" thing to do is park at the TTC, walk (or monorail) to the Poly, then monorail to Epcot. Leaving your car at the Poly is frowned upon, because the parking is small, and sometimes it inconveniences Poly guests if non-Poly guests leave their cars there all day.

You could probably get away with it. If it is a busy time, they will stop you at the gate and tell you that even though you are a guest at another resort, you will have to move your car after b'fast, and give you a special pass with a time on it to put in your windshield. During less busy times, they don't do this, and then it would not be a problem.

But the Poly is so close to the TTC, I'd just park there. It's free for resort guests.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a big gray area here between the rules and what will actually happen. Technically the parking pass that you will get at the Poly or any other resort (if they give you one at all) for that matter is a 3 hour pass. After that three hours you are technically illegally parked and subject to having your vehicle towed.

Now the reality of this is that that rarely happens especially if you are staying on property at another Disney resort. The only resort that I have seen a car towed from was the Contemporary and it was in July. The parking at the Contemporary is at a premium and due to its proximity to MK is a favorite spot for people to try and sneak in free parking. Combine that with peak season and security will start to check a full Contemporary parking lot for unauthorized vehicles.

If you want to be 100% safe I would do one of 2 things. Park at the TTC and walk over to the Poly (best option IMHO) or pay for valet at the Poly. Either will leave your vehicle safe from the hook.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

As parking is free at the Parks for Resort guests I don't see the need to even contemplate "cheating"

If you did leave your car at The Poly - after you're done at EPCOT you have to ride the monorail back to the TTC and then change platforms and board another monorail to The Poly. Surely it would be far simpler to drive to EPCOT and then pick up your car from there and return to your own Resort ???

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
Even if you're staying at another resort, the "proper" thing to do is park at the TTC, walk (or monorail) to the Poly

All the years I have been going to Disney I have NEVER knew that was what you were suppose to do, honestly, I'm not being sarcastic, I have always just went directly to whatever resort I was eating at for B,L or D.

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
As parking is free at the Parks for Resort guests I don't see the need to even contemplate "cheating"

If you did leave your car at The Poly - after you're done at EPCOT you have to ride the monorail back to the TTC and then change platforms and board another monorail to The Poly. Surely it would be far simpler to drive to EPCOT and then pick up your car from there and return to your own Resort ???

Again, Im not trying to CHEAT, I dont have to pay for parking anyway, so there is NO REASON for me to cheat, I was just trying to find the easiest way there and back since we were staying at a different Disney resort than the one we are eatting at that morning. You know how it is, 2 tired kids, Grandma and Grandpa are with us, its the end of the day, hoping to make it an easy trip back.

I didnt remember the two differnt monorails to Epcot that you have to take as I havent been to Epcot in years (we have skipped it for years since the kids were quite young and bored to death there) But with that memory jarred Im thinking its just easier to drive there after Breakfast because I dont want to make my parents walk from the TTC.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

All the years I have been going to Disney I have NEVER knew that was what you were suppose to do, honestly, I'm not being sarcastic, I have always just went directly to whatever resort I was eating at for B,L or D.

Oh, that is fine for B, L, or D. What you're not supposed to do is to leave your car there all day AFTER B, L, or D, and go somewhere else.

You make a very good point, though, that a lot of people do not understand this. This is partly because at many times of the year, in many places, the folks at the gate will not make a big deal of it if there is plenty of parking.

There are signs, but I don't remember what they say exactly, and the print is very small.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Not really. Monorail to the TTC, exit and walk up the pathway to the Poly, walk thru the resort to the front parking lot. The TTC is at the rear of the Poly.

To the OP, no you should not just leave your car there all day and YES I have seen cars towed from the lot at the Poly (ok, one car so I know they do it).
If you cannot/will not take WDW transportation to the Poly then either park at the TTC and walk over, Valet park (you only pay once a day) so you are not in the public lot or drive over to Epcot. If you are staying on site then parking is free.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'll put a slightly different spin on this...

Do you really want to take the long monorail back to TTC and transfer to the resort monorail and then walk to your car after you're all tired from your day at EPCOT?

I would take the proactive approach and make sure my car is as close to me as possible when I reach the point of trying to get two tired kids and grandparents back to the car at the end of the day. If they're really tired and/or sore, one of you can go and get the car and bring it to them rather than make them walk through the parking lot, but only if you're parked there.

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

Original Poster
I'll put a slightly different spin on this...

Do you really want to take the long monorail back to TTC and transfer to the resort monorail and then walk to your car after you're all tired from your day at EPCOT?

I would take the proactive approach and make sure my car is as close to me as possible when I reach the point of trying to get two tired kids and grandparents back to the car at the end of the day. If they're really tired and/or sore, one of you can go and get the car and bring it to them rather than make them walk through the parking lot, but only if you're parked there.

Yes, it does make more sense to do it that way. There is always one person in the group who tries to think of EVERYTHING before it happens and make everyone happy....well, that's me. lol And that's why I think of and worry about ridiculous things like this.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Along the lines of MontyMon's remarks: one possibility is to park at Epcot, then monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly in the morning. This way, when you finish up at Epcot in the evening, your car will be right there!

Upvote 0

MomofKatie

The first time I drove by myself at WDW (staying offsite, just DD and me), I tortured myself over all the possibilities of where to park, how to get from one place to another, how to find my way to the parks, etc, etc. I quickly figured out- if you have your own car, and don't mind driving, it is ALMOST ALWAYS faster and easier to just drive to the park you are going to next.

In your situation, I would just drive directly to the Poly lot in the AM. Do breakfast, then jump back in the car and drive to Epcot. You are staying onsite, so parking is free. If you arrive close to rope drop, you will probably have a very short walk to the front gate (or just hop on the tram). At the end of the day, your car will be right there, waiting for you- no waiting in long bus/monorail lines or standing on crowded Disney transportation.

Upvote 0

s8film40

One option would be to valet park at the Polynesian. There would be a $10 fee but this option would give you the peace of mind of knowing your car would be legitimately parked as you have paid for your spot and are entitled to it for each 24 hour period you use it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom