leave a legacy

svirgo

Original Poster
Hi, can anyone help? I am visiting WDW from England, on may 1st for 2 weeks and I would like to 'leave a legacy' at EPCOT. Has anyone done this? If so, how long does it take for your photo to be put out for display? I intend to do it on my first day there and it would be really great to see it before I return to England as I wont be coming back to Florida till October 2003!!!!

Erika

Hi!

My husband and I did Leave A Legacy on our honeymoon in 2000. They have to wait until they have a full grouping of people before they can put you up permanantly, so the time it takes can vary. But they do put you up temporarily on a transparency later that day, so you can get an idea of what it will look like. You also get a website you can check (are they still doing this? I'm not sure) and your own little transparency.

We're going back this fall and I can't wait to see the real thing! More than 2 years will have passed. I can't BELIEVE we waited this long. I'm usually far more impatient than that!

Sean23

I did the Leave a Legacy October 11, 1999. The picture was up in four days they originally told me it would be about two weeks.

DanStat

I couldn't log into the website anymore. I think the website was just for the millenieum.

I would suggest doing it though!

goaler

We did the Leave a Legacy in 2000, with our two kids (12 and 8 at the time). They thought it was kinda corny then, but everytime we have been back to Epcot they love to stop and see their picture on the way in.

It really is worth doing.

MinnieFan

my husband and I did Leave a Legacy in April '01. We did it on our second to last day there, so needless to say, it wasn't up by the time we left. We went back this year to see it. It seems a bit goofy, but we were real excited to find it.

PuertoRekinSam

It depends on how many other people get one done when you do. During a busy season, new frames are put up within a week of them being taken. But if it's slow it can take 2 months for a negitive to be complete

TIGGER-FAN

My wife and I just got back from WDW on Friday. We did the leave a legacy and it cost $35.00 for the both of us. They did have a temporary up the night we did it. It was just a transparency and was hard to tell what the real one will look like.
I was told by the cast member doing our picture, they would continue doing it until there was no room left. At this point there is still plenty of room.

Nut4Disney

That's interesting Tigger-Fan. My wife and I did it in late Jan. and it was only $25. I guess they jacked it back up for Easter/Spring break weeks. By the way, we received our transparency picture in the mail less than a week later.

sig

I recommend doing it. My sis and I did it last year, we paid $25 and received our transparencies in the mail. We can't wait to check it out when we go back this year (13 sleeps to be exact!)

Anyone know if they can still be checked out on the web?

wishiwere@wdw

You can also get a discount using Amex:) We can't wait to see our pictures when we go back. It will be very cool going back when our children are older and having them be able to see our pictures from the year 2000!

Javier&Christie

I would imagine you could still see 'em on the web..

We'll be doing these next trip, there's plenty of space left though... anyone know if they're going to fill up both sides?

Nut4Disney

That was for both of us together. There used to be website that you could view your picture on, but the CM told us that it no longer exist.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I would imagine you could still see 'em on the web..
[B/]

No fraid not. The site has gone Pete Tong but theres still a sales pitch for the images on the stones. So you can still get an image on the marble but you cant see it on line nor build a family tree.

Carling

My wife and I had our picture done for LAL in May 2002, on our last day before we left to go to Clearwater for a week...(that involved the coming together of husband and wife......eekkkk!!!)....They gave us the details with the wesbite addy. When we got back, the URL didnt work so we emailed Disney. After 3 days a reply came back saying that the website had been shut down, and was only temporary. They did however attach the picture that we had taken - looked kinda weird!!!!.....it was us though!.....We are going back to WDW on June 13th and cant wait to check it out at Epcot for real!.......:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom