Leave a Legacy

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Has anybody done this? Is it worth doing? And what happens when they run out of room to add people to the design?

Incase your confused what I'm asking about is Leave a Legacy. The BIG odd shaped rocks in front of SE by the frontgate that shows pictures of guests to leave in memory of there trip. If you ask me it makes SE looks like it's landed on a new terrain (but that's my POV).

disneylands

Account Suspended
Cmdr_Crimson said:
Has anybody done this? Is it worth doing? And what happens when they run out of room to add people to the design?

Incase your confused what I'm asking about is Leave a Legacy. The BIG odd shaped rocks in front of SE by the frontgate that shows pictures of guests to leave in memory of there trip. If you ask me it makes SE looks like it's landed on a new terrain (but that's my POV).

those things are the ugliest things I have ever seen. I mean why would you pay like $25 for a picture of you the size of a postage stamp, and you can barley even tell it's you!!!. They would never run out of space its too ugly. I'd pass!

jrobinson424

Save the $25 and get yourself a nice meal somewhere else. After all, the meal will probaly last you longer than your pretty little picture will last. Remember, Leave A Legacy is only temporary.

DisKid

I think I'd rather get a brick. (I think it's more expensive, and I don't know if they still do it, and also the more noticable spots are gone..but yeah that's what I would say!) :)

Austin1

I know it sounds stupid but I think leave a legacy is cool.
Also you can say it looks like tombstones and not somthing that should be in Epcot but remember, the new entrance was designed by the same guy that designed the original.

Northgurl24

Bricks

My family purchased a brick for the MK um about i would say like 10 years ago. To me the brick is much more worth it then the Leave a Legacy. My brick is located right when u get off the monorail in MK. I have only seen it once because they keep moving the bricks, which seems to me that they are still selling the bricks and can still acquire one. I am not sure on that one though. Definately go for the brick though, they are nicer!:)

DisJosh

Initially I didn't like the stones but they've grown on me. I just wish they would have left room for a nice large bed of flowers right up the center like there used to be. Some sort of vegetation would make things look less gloomy and cold. The thing I can't stand the most is how they painted on those matching areas onto the front legs of Spaceship Earth. I think they could have done much better.

That said...I paid the money to have my photo put on a plaque the size of a stamp. I plan to do the same again in 15 years when it's time for it to be retired. I love the whole concept of being able to preserve my memories in this way. Epcot is a special place for both my self and my fiance. Having our photo taken for LAL was very important to us. Hundreds of thousands of people will overlook our photo. But when we go back and find it we'll be reminded of that day.

Temporary or not I think it's a wonderful concept and design. The landscape just needs some warming up.

The next step for us after LAL?? Matching Epcot logo tattoos. :D

WDWScottieBoy

I'm the odd ball out with everything at Disney. I love the wand, love the hat and I love Leave a Legacy. My mom and I have a "tile" there and I love it. It looks VERY much like the two of us, and think it's an excellent idea.

I'm actually doing a speech in a couple weeks on this to get more people into it.

distiff

DisJosh said:
Initially I didn't like the stones but they've grown on me. I just wish they would have left room for a nice large bed of flowers right up the center like there used to be. Some sort of vegetation would make things look less gloomy and cold. The thing I can't stand the most is how they painted on those matching areas onto the front legs of Spaceship Earth. I think they could have done much better.

That said...I paid the money to have my photo put on a plaque the size of a stamp. I plan to do the same again in 15 years when it's time for it to be retired. I love the whole concept of being able to preserve my memories in this way. Epcot is a special place for both my self and my fiance. Having our photo taken for LAL was very important to us. Hundreds of thousands of people will overlook our photo. But when we go back and find it we'll be reminded of that day.

Temporary or not I think it's a wonderful concept and design. The landscape just needs some warming up.

The next step for us after LAL?? Matching Epcot logo tattoos. :D

I agree completely. When they put the stones up, i didnt care for them either. But now I like them. I think it's better that you get a picture of you and who ever instead of just a name like in MK. we also get to look back 15 years from now and see a picture of us from that trip, not just a name. It brings back the memory of the day you were there. Not just the memory of the day you submitted your name. As for being only stamp sized? I know what the picture looks like. I also agree that it needs some sprucing up. I loved walking into epcot with all the flowers.

DisJosh

distiff said:
I agree completely. When they put the stones up, i didnt care for them either. But now I like them. I think it's better that you get a picture of you and who ever instead of just a name like in MK. we also get to look back 15 years from now and see a picture of us from that trip, not just a name. It brings back the memory of the day you were there. Not just the memory of the day you submitted your name. As for being only stamp sized? I know what the picture looks like. I also agree that it needs some sprucing up. I loved walking into epcot with all the flowers.

Of course you agree. Otherwise we wouldn't have taken the picture. :hammer:

frcouk83

Unfortunatley they are no longer selling the tiles at Magic Kingdom. They are selling the tiles at Disneyland Resort for the promanade between Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure

JEDIsney

If the bricks were still being sold, I would definitely buy one. Unfortunately, I never persuaded my famliy to buy a brick for MK in time :(.

But luckily, my best friend and I had a Leave a Legacy tile done this past November, her parents got it for us as a gift. And now I can't wait until 69 days so I can go back and see it again. I may even get another. But I also think that this is a good idea. I never thought the stones were ugly though, I guess I never really thought about it.

DisneyFreak529

DisKid said:
I think I'd rather get a brick. (I think it's more expensive, and I don't know if they still do it, and also the more noticable spots are gone..but yeah that's what I would say!) :)

I'm gona get a brick for my husband & I. Does any one have the info on how to do it, or Do I have to do it in person!

DisneyFreak529

JEDIsney said:
If the bricks were still being sold, I would definitely buy one. Unfortunately, I never persuaded my famliy to buy a brick for MK in time :(.

I should of read before I posted my last post! Is this true! Isn't there still room for more bricks?? ARe they really not doing them any more??

PamelaNiebergal

DisneyFreak529 said:
I should of read before I posted my last post! Is this true! Isn't there still room for more bricks?? ARe they really not doing them any more??

They quit doing them awhile ago, unfortunately. I too wish I could have gotten one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom