Leave a Legacy

DisneyWales

Ive done one

I actually like the idea, we were told that that the picture will remain on view in WDW for 10 years, however they can move it from its current location. Personally I think the bricks make the path look messy, and i hate the bricks at Disney Paris, they have even more at the entire entrance area and looks horrible! I Love my Leave a Legacy Pic and the little Msg we left, every time I miss the World i get my copy certificate out and think, well at least a part of me is still there.

Mystic

My mom and I did Leave A Legacy on our trip last year because it came as part of our 5+2 Dreammaker package. We thought it was a cool idea. Can't wait to find my tile when I head back down next year.

jeff_in_FL2003

I love Leave a Legacy. From the first time I saw it, I thought it was such a cool idea. And I'm usually one who hates big changes around the World. The tile that my friends and I have is so special to me and now that the 5 of us live so far apart, seeing it makes my heart ache to see them again. It's a very emotional thing for me to see that tile and I will never regret paying for it or having it there "m__________g up the scenery."

Pirate/Custodian Jeff °o°

KerTggr

I think Leave a Legacy is a fun idea. Everyone in my family has one and it's the first thing we do when we get into Epcto! We have pictures of ourselves pointing to each of our bricks and are going to get my new nephew one when we go for his first trip in October!

We also got a brick in front of CAA (my parents live in CA and have annual passes - so jealous!!!). The price difference was a lot. The LAL tiles are $25 (we did couples for this mainly, so it was $75 for 3 tiles (1 per couple)). The Brick was $150 and $$ for each replicant. You can order these (if you're still interested in DL & CAA rather than WDW) by calling DelivEARS at (800) 760-3566 and ask about it. They can fax you an order form too.

Fran98765

We got one in 2004, it came free with our room package. It was cool going back to find it in May, but I doubt I would have paid money for it outright. And yes, they do move them, ours got moved and we got a mailing to the new location.

Aurora_25

We did it because it came with our honeymoon package- I don't think we would have done it otherwise.

The bricks are no longer being sold or we would have done that- such a great idea :)

EchoOfOphelia

My husband and I did it, kinda cool I guess, I don't love them, but I don't hate them. The picture of us came out better than I thought it would. The part about it that I liked, is that they were guarenteed to be there for 25 years (sorry to the people who don't like it, its gonna be there for awhile). So when we come back with our kids in 15 years, they can see how young we look! :)

Tigger1988

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
No - the idea is good - we (the paying guest) actually pay for Disney to resurface the walkways around SSE - now thats a brilliant marketing plan

But the whole Leave a Legacy idea was a bust...it bombed right in their faces. It was meant to last one year only (2000) and then they would no longer be available...but so little people actually went for it that Disney has kept selling them, and giving them away with travel packages...half the concrete slabs are empty 5 years after they began...and they are ugly.

Connor002

EchoOfOphelia said:
My husband and I did it, kinda cool I guess, I don't love them, but I don't hate them. The picture of us came out better than I thought it would. The part about it that I liked, is that they were guarenteed to be there for 25 years (sorry to the people who don't like it, its gonna be there for awhile). So when we come back with our kids in 15 years, they can see how young we look! :)

it dosen't seem right, i think they probally have it in small print or an addendum that allows them to get rid of it whenever they want, not because they want to ignor a contract, but because they wouldn't go into thousnds of contracts with random people. they want to be able to do what ever they want, whenever they want

gbrooks135

I have thought about doing it but after looking at some of the pic and seeing that they were fading away to where you could not tell who they were I decided not to wast the money on something take is not last more that 5 years. they say it will be there for years to come but the Fl. wetaher takes it toll on them. and I dont think they will keep replacing you pic when it fades away.

dflye

I thought when they first started placing the bricks out in front of the MK, the intention was to eventually have a path that went around the lake made up of the commemorative bricks.

If nothing else, they could at least extend the path from the monorail station towards the GF, although folks staying there may be more used to walking on bricks made of gold! :lol:

scottnj1966

bricks

I sure would have loved to have a brick done. Who knew they would stop before it was complete. There are so many blank ones even in the areas that are complete. I have been tempted to take one home and do it myself anf bring it back, hahaha but knowing me I would get caught and be taken to the castle dungeon.

Maybe they will start it again if they ever build a bring between the MK entrance and Grand Floridian. They have lights going all the way, just need a bridge.

SANDKRUSER

My son and I did this when it came out for the 2000 celebration. We had some sort of a discount. Every year when we go to EPCOT, we look at the tile and laugh about how much my son has changed (he was 11 at the time). I think this will continue to be fun for us as the years go on and we've talked about when we might bring his family or grandchildren and show them what they're dad looked like when he was 11. The only thing I didn't like was that they limited it to two people so my husband didn't get his picture taken. We've talked about having the two of us taken at some point but that picture would be on a completely different pylon. I guess we should have done 2 right away. :hammer: Anyways, our family liked the idea - we thought about the bricks when they were selling but you were not guaranteed where they would be on the walkway so they could have been over at the Polynesian or somewhere where no one would have seen them.

Speedbird

I love Leave A Legacy. It's just like being dead and still alive (like Leonard Cohen?) and being able to visit yourself. When the copy of the etching came, I was actually quite impressed how it came out. Some of the pictures make it hard to tell whether it's a picture of an animal, vegetable or mineral but some are quite good. I think it all depends how well the picture comes out. We got ours free with the package so it worked out great, even if it was bad, it didn't cost me a penny.

gsimpson

Massively Ugly Idea.

This, much like the Castle Cake of a few years ago, proves that sometimes the people at Disney who are normally so great at aesthetics are capable of abject failure. I have been down there 3 or 4 times on travel packages with family or friends where the price includes that travistey and I have opted to not partake. I am not overly fond of the Epcot Wand but at least it looks "happy and festiv" as opposed to morbid and depressing. The only way I would leave a legacy is if I found out that once the grave markers are all covered they will remove them from the esplanade. With the bricks you are not forced to walk by ugly "I love me walls" (a CM gave me that name) to get into any of the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom