Leave a Legacy/Old Entrance

I liked the old entrance. The Leave a Legacy looks kinda cold and creepy. The pictures on it aren't even that resolute, you can't identify people on them.

bearboysnc

The new tombstones don't match the existing architecture. Spaceship Earth and the surrounding area are all blues and silver, with smooth, rounded edges. The additions seem junky. The whole area is an eyesore now :(

kaos

I go in the international gateway, and I think the leave a legacy thing is just junk anyways.

But, either way, I'm not there long enough to care, although the old lucite towers were kinda cool.

Shannon_Yensid

Yea kno, i liked the old entrance stuff, but i really like being able to show all my friends my picture on a rock at epcot...they're kinda ugly, yes, but oh well!

stingrock23

I prefer the old entrance too. The new one just looks a little weird.
I dont' mean to get off the subject, but does anybody know if they still sell either polo shirts or t shirts with the old epcot center logo? I'm going in 2 1/2 months and i'm hoping to buy a few if they sell them.

TinkerBell9988

The OLD Entrance is more of the "EPCOT" style.

Now they want it to look like "Epcot" instead of the real name... which now doesn't mean anything at all. :(

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by stingrock23
I prefer the old entrance too. The new one just looks a little weird.
I dont' mean to get off the subject, but does anybody know if they still sell either polo shirts or t shirts with the old epcot center logo? I'm going in 2 1/2 months and i'm hoping to buy a few if they sell them.

Yes, they do. I just bought a ladies' baseball-type shirt with the old EPCOT logo on the front and the old WDW logo on the back. I'll post a pic if I have time... :rolleyes:

jaimjaim25

The idea is nice, but the design is not so nice. It kinda takes away the original idea, and they are actually quite ugly looking. Why couldnt theyhave made the bricks like around the 7 seas lagoon? hmmm... this is comming from a design major :)

Main Street USA

I have 2 Design degrees. The "tombstones" as you call them, are meant to frame Spaceship Earth, and they do. The design is actually quite creative. I think you all would like it a lot more if your picture were on there. ;)

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by FutureCEO
Which do you like better? I liked the old one better. Now it looks like an asteriod hit epcot

I like the Leave A Legacy Entrance. It gives ya something to look at for a little bit before you actually get inside. But true.. get me to Test Track any ol' day :)

As far as the old entrance goes -- what was there? I even forgot! I do remember a water fountain with a large glass/crystal type structure in the center of it with the old Epcot logo on it and a large bed of flowers in the middle. Is that it? Or, is there something more?

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by Sailor Mouse
I liked the old entrance. The Leave a Legacy looks kinda cold and creepy. The pictures on it aren't even that resolute, you can't identify people on them.

I can identify my picture -- it's just the other people around my picture are the ones I can't identify...

Uhhhh.. who's this person? :)

Tink

Originally posted by ocolectr
To quote one of my co-workers when they "unveiled" the new entrace plaza:

"I've seen the future - and it is brown."

We both agreed that we already missed the old entrance.

:lol:That is too funny - my friend said something similar to that as well when he first saw the new entrance. Although I find it fun to hide behind the legacy monoliths and scare my family, they are kind of blah.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Main Street USA
I have 2 Design degrees. The "tombstones" as you call them, are meant to frame Spaceship Earth, and they do. The design is actually quite creative. I think you all would like it a lot more if your picture were on there. ;)

Whatever! Even my pretty face couldn't beautify that mess! :lol:

JLW11Hi

I like the new Leave a Legacy thing.

Most people dont stay in this part of the park anyway, so its not a big deal. I have done the leave a legacy thing, so I really want it to stay for a while.

Mabey they could add some plants and stuff, but its not like they destroyed a "beloved attraction" or anything. I dont think this is something to complain about

bamboo7

Originally posted by JLW11Hi

Mabey they could add some plants and stuff, but its not like they destroyed a "beloved attraction" or anything. I dont think this is something to complain about

Agreed.

ToTBellHop

I don't really mind the new structures--I actually think they are kind of cool looking--granted I did like the old fountain, it was a bit dated, and all of Future World did need a make-over. I am a complete supporter of the additions of color to Future World and the construction of the Epcot Wand...maybe they could have had the Leave a Legacy stones be slightly different shades to get some diversity...but, as most others have said, it's not a big deal anyway...regardless of whether you like or hate it, I think most of us just go through the turnstyles, think "oh..." and continue on to Spaceship Earth...it's not really all that life-changing.

cymbaldiva

Actually, I used to love to sit on the "benches" and people-watch...that was also the place I used to meet up with friends - while it's not earth-shattering, I miss the way it used to be

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom