Leave a Legacy, Epcot.

WDW_Sam

Original Poster
Has anyone ever "Left a Legacy" at EPCOT? For those of you who don't know, its those huge concrete (i think they're concrete) blocks just as you enter EPCOT which people can leave a message, or an engraved picture of themselves.

I haven't done this yet but im hopefully going to in July this year... It sounds great though, leaving your message/picture in Walt Disney World forever...

Sam

SteveUK

I did it with my girlfriend last year. We got a free one with our holiday package. It's good, but I'm not sure I would have paid for it. It's not as good as the paving tiles outside MK, but a nice touch anyway. I think the presentation of the stones could have been better.

MeTa

I have one with my girlfiend as well. Cool idea, but with the technology they promote at Epcot you would have thought that they could have come up with a better quality image.

Rora

I did it last year with friends. And this June I finally get to see it on the wall for the first time. I'm excited to see it. I agree that the stepping stones outside of MK are better. And somehow I don't think Leave a Legacy will be there as long as I'd like it to be. But for now I think it's pretty cool.

MommytoMJM

We are going to do it...not sure of the message, probably something about adopting special needs kids and MJ and Cody's names...

WDW_Sam

Original Poster
Yeah.. thinking about it, i'd prefer to be on a stepping stone outside MK. Does anyone have any idea how much either one costs??

Sam

Nut4Disney

We did it on our honeymoon. I think it was like $25. It was cool to see the first time back, but we don't even look for it anymore.

SteveUK

The Epcot tiles are about $30-40. The stones outside MK aren't available anymore, so it's Epcot or nothing I'm afraid.

WDW_Sam

Original Poster
Oh.. thanks for the information SteveUK. I'll be looking into "Leaving a legacy" in my July trip this year.

Sam

DisneyMarg

I had no idea about the Legacy walls until we went to Epcot in March. How long have they been there? I thought they just looked awful. The plaza used to be so open and pretty. But then DH said that maybe they were security things after 9/11 - to keep someone from driving right into Epcot. So I begrudgingly accepted that. Anyone really know?

General Grizz

DisneyMarg said:
How long have they been there? I thought they just looked awful. The plaza used to be so open and pretty. But then DH said that maybe they were security things after 9/11 - to keep someone from driving right into Epcot. So I begrudgingly accepted that. Anyone really know?

Nope...they were installed in 1999 for Epcot's Milennium Celebration. I agree with your sentiment. "The world's most visited graveyard" is what I call it.

figmentfan

The Leave a Legacy reminds me of a graveyard or the Vietiam (spelling) Memorial in Washington D.C.

I HAVE a MK stone. My family bought it back in 1995. Our stone is off the beaten path where it is easy to find and see, but not alot of people walk on it. It is to the right of Guest Relations at the gate of MK, and at the start of the pathway to the Contemporary Resort. Go, 2 lightposts down, and there it is.....................

I'm glad only Contemporary Guests walk on it, some of those stones have alot of gum on them.

WDW_Sam

Original Poster
It would have been cool to leave one at MK... But apparently they are all gone now. Must've been a rush!

Sam

ypcat

We did leave a legacy with for our 2 boys when we were there last summer. We were sent flyers 2 times with totally different locations on them, so not sure if they moved it or if it was wrong the first time. Have to check when we are there next week.

We only did it because it was included in the package we bought. I doubt I would have paid for it.

Aurora_25

My DH and I did that on our Honeymoon, but only because it was part of our package- I don't like them much (I agree with the setiment that it is a graveyard....)

Pippa

Yes, I left a legacy in 2000 and the day after Glen proposed to me, he said he wanted to do it so we can return as husband and wife and see ourselves, awwwww!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom