least wanted ride to work in

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
What attraction would want to work in the LEAST? My vote goes to the Indy Speedway. I could barely take all that engine noise and the smell of gas just waiting in line. I can't imagine having to take it all day long :lookaroun

bigorangeandy

Dumbo comes to mind, no shade. Magic Carpets of Aladdin, see Dumbo. Triceratop Spin, you get the idea. It seems that if you are working with a crew that is no fun, then that could make a great ride, not much fun.

BSikor

I would say the land...just because you have to do the same tour over and over and over each day.:hammer:
They don't do tours anymore. Its all pre-recorded. And in response to working there... I did for a few years and it wasn't that bad saying the same thing over and over again. Although there was a certain way I could lean against one of the poles and deliver the spiel while being in an almost sleep-like state.

Mansion Butler

Hall of presidents

. . . is one of the most coveted jobs in the entire (Disney) World. 30 minutes of chatting with guests in the rotunda, 30 minutes (often reserved for napping or playing gameboy) in the theater, 30 minutes of break. Repeat.

It's VERY hard to get. Riverboat's a little more popular.

Don't forget that alot of attractions rotate, so you work multiple places. Indy Speedway is one of those, I'm pretty sure. Fantasyland is pretty much two (three?) different work rotations. I know my roommate's was something like Small World, Pan, Snow White, Carousel, Pooh, just rotating around those rides. Aladdin, Treehouse and Tiki Room are all on the same rotation, too.

Also, work areas make a difference where you want to work. For instance, if you work at Hall of Presidents, you have the opportunity to work at the also-awesome Riverboat, the fun-depending-on-who-you-are Jungle Cruise, and Mansion and Pirates.

Anyway, the attraction I think I'd hate the most is Lights, Motors, Action. No real guest interaction, hot weather, and it's just a show. I think Aladdin, Treehouse, Tiki Room is pretty close.

jiminy.cricket

Too many to name! I would be afraid of being involved with thrill rides, anything extremely mundane or mindless, or dark attractions that are scary--and I scare pretty easily. That pretty much eliminates a ton of attractions...:lol:

Of course, we know that CMs actually reside in the parks and "play"! ;)

Mansion Butler

Also remember that great ride does not equal great work. And vice versa.

I hate Kali. I hate it with passion I reserve for people who have killed my family. Primarily because it's lazy and stupid compared to most other raft rides, and Disney should do better (though the theming is good). THAT SAID. . . I could see working there. They freakin' get to where shorts. And work around water. And have a fair amount of interaction. And apparently Everest is a blast to work, so there's another bonus.

The best thing for me is having alot to do, and getting to move around. My favorite position at my job has be running all sorts of tasks, from letting people into the ride, assisting guests with difficulties, greeting, parking strollers (okay, there's one problem, but it can be cathartic sometimes), etc. It's fun. And, it frees up alot of time to talk to guests and make magical moments. Believe it or not, alot of us simply love that sort of thing, we're just not all in positions where it's easy or even possible.

and I scare pretty easily.

Yes he does!! Don't ever try to take this guy on Snow White's Scary Adventures! :lol:

As for me...I'd seriously be happy with any attraction. Seriously. I'm actually going to be trying to get Tiki Room/Aladdin/Treehouse....mostly to use as a stepping stone to Jungle Cruise though :)

lunarsquid

Do the buses count? So close to the magic, yet so far...

Other than that, I think the Kilimanjaro Safari would be horrible... driving in a bumpy jeep all day, narrating a silly fake story, acting like it's real... waiting on slow rhinos to move... the smell of hippo poo... not very fun.

Mansion Butler

As for me...I'd seriously be happy with any attraction. Seriously. I'm actually going to be trying to get Tiki Room/Aladdin/Treehouse....mostly to use as a stepping stone to Jungle Cruise though :)

DON'T DO IT!

Until you get some seniority, you'll be mostly working at your first attraction. Hold out for an attraction you'd like, rather than a stepping stone.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Be extremely careful if you get hired into Epcot's Future World. Depending on the setup, you could be told you're working at one place (your ID might even say it) and end up only training at and working someplace different you hate.

Ending up at Test Track has befallen many a new-hire CM this way. Why? Because as soon as anyone gets seniority they tend to leave Test Track ASAP.

Just think of how often the lines get really horrible at Test Track, and if you'd want to deal with it.

Tom Morrow

What attraction would want to work in the LEAST? My vote goes to the Indy Speedway.
Been there, done that.

And yes, its as awful as it looks. Luckilly I've since moved on to much better things (Tower) :) Honestly though, Speedway is probably still better than some things like Tiki Room/Treehouse/Aladdin. Talk about borrring!
Mansion Butler;2355010Don't forget that alot of attractions rotate said:
Unfortunately, it isn't.

Tomorrowland is divided into Space Mountain, Speedway, and "Buzz Complex", which is every other attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom