Least Favorite Disney Resort

WDW_Emily

Everyone has a favorite Resorts but what is your least favorite resort?why?

mine would be Caribbean i didn't find it that clean and the busses took forever.

rkelly42

I have stayed at a lot of the resorts in wdw including all the deluxe, a lot of the moderates and all the values. I can understand the feeling of uncomfortability at the GF because it is a high end hotel, but thats what you pay for when you stay there. As for the value resorts you also get what you pay for, it can be loud and crowded because a lot of families and groups staying there. The food is so-so because it is counter service. My only real gripe is that the all stars are in much need of a makeover. The paint is peeling off all over the place and the rooms could use new carpeting. But other than that every resort has it ups and downs but being at wdw there are a lot more ups than there are downs.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Hate all the value resorts, the moderates are borderline at best.

Accommodations and dining are a very big part of the vacation experience for us. My wife and I agree that if we can't stay at the deluxe level we would just rather not go.

Personally, I live in New York, where we have real restaurants. I don't find any of the restaurants at Disney to be noteworthy at all, so I don't need to have one within walking distance of my room. If I were going to pay deluxe prices for a room, I'd stay off site at a real deluxe hotel of better quality for cheaper. Personally, I think Disney overcharges for even the value resorts. And really, you are vacationing at a theme park, there's no need to be quite so pretentious.

Upvote 0

rkelly42

Personally, I live in New York, where we have real restaurants. I don't find any of the restaurants at Disney to be noteworthy at all, so I don't need to have one within walking distance of my room. If I were going to pay deluxe prices for a room, I'd stay off site at a real deluxe hotel of better quality for cheaper. Personally, I think Disney overcharges for even the value resorts. And really, you are vacationing at a theme park, there's no need to be quite so pretentious.

Why do you even bother going to Disney then. Seems like it is well beneath you.

Upvote 0

juscet

I haven't stayed in all of them, but my least favorite was Caribbean Beach. Only because it was so big and we had a room that was far away from the main pool and the food court. But it's Disney... what's not to love!:)

Upvote 0

Teddi

Out of the resorts that I've stayed at I have to say the Boardwalk is my least favorite. I like resorts where there is a lot going on, and the boardwalk was dead.

That's wild! Everytime I've been to the Boardwalk it's been super busy!

My least favorite would probably be Fort Wilderness. We stayed there in our motorhome but I just didn't feel like the facilities were very impressive. That's been quite awhile ago so they may have done some upgrading since then.
Stayed at POP and it was super crowded. At some point we moved from the preferred section to the regular section and it was much less noisy and we were much closer to the parking lot (so we didn't have to haul all of our luggage nearly as far).

I loved CB but haven't stayed there since '95 so I'm sure it has changed. Stayed at Coronado 2 years ago. The rooms were exceptionally clean although small and loved everything about the Pepper Market but the prices.

I love Alligator Bayou rooms at POR...and nothing makes me happier than coming "home" after a long day at the parks and listening to Piano Bob play a set. :sohappy:

My favorite that I've stayed at was the Beach Club in 2001. We had a wonderful clean large room, great view and the pool is AWESOME! Someone pulled the fire alarm around 4 AM and the entire hotel had to be evacuated out around the pool area. It didn't make for a very restful nights sleep, but I love Beach Club nonetheless!

Upvote 0

fosse76

Because I, like everyone else here, enjoy being there. However, I do not pretend it to be anything other than it is. It is not some ultimate prestigious elite vacation destination. It's a theme park resort. If accomodations and restaurants were my priority in a vacation destination, I would go to Paris or Italy. When I go to Disney, it because I like the rides and atmosphere of being there. The food certainly wouldn't be my reason for being there. Nor the hotels. They are clean and safe for sure (almost guranteed, unlike many of the off-site properties) but they certainly can't really compete with real high class hotels (only the Grand Floridian comes close).

Upvote 0

flagen

Grand Floridan ....Spent our honeymoon there and was SEVERELY Disappointed....We have stayed at many other deluxe resorts and have to say the Magic and GF is just about zero :(

Upvote 0

rkelly42

Because I, like everyone else here, enjoy being there. However, I do not pretend it to be anything other than it is. It is not some ultimate prestigious elite vacation destination. It's a theme park resort. If accomodations and restaurants were my priority in a vacation destination, I would go to Paris or Italy. When I go to Disney, it because I like the rides and atmosphere of being there. The food certainly wouldn't be my reason for being there. Nor the hotels. They are clean and safe for sure (almost guranteed, unlike many of the off-site properties) but they certainly can't really compete with real high class hotels (only the Grand Floridian comes close).

Ok, I understand and everyone is entitled to there opinions. It just seemed like you were really down on disney and just wanted to trash everything about it. Also there are some great restaurants in disney run by some of the greatest chefs. Im not saying they all are great but there are some.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

Oh dear....(as I'm getting my popcorn and drink then taking a seat)....This could get good......

Oh by the way GF for my least fav..TOO stuffy , while its beautiful to look at and go through., I would feel like I'd have to dress up to walk around and stay there.....("pinky out" as a wise pink starfish once said...LOL)..Thats not us, we walked around there couple years back checked it out and felt like we just did'nt fit in.....

Upvote 0

SleepingMonk

Pretentious?

I was simply stating our views on park resorts.

The experience of staying at a Disney value resort and a deluxe are light years apart. We won't stay at the value level because of the lack of amenities, dining options and service. We also don't stay off site when we visit WDW. As Florida natives and passholders it doesn't fit our needs and with the discounts for us it would be pointless.

And as for stellar resorts in Orlando....well.....we always stay at The Peabody when SHOT Show is in town. I am always much more impressed by the service and concierge at Disney.

Upvote 0

SleepingMonk

Sort of a sad post really.

Why not enjoy the best of what a destination has to offer regardless of venue.

If we go to Disney we stay at the nicest resort possible, and enjoy the best possible dining options. It would be same on a cruise, no inside cabin or general seating. And it would be the same on a trip to Tuscany or Toulouse. Really enjoy the best they have to offer or why go at all?

Upvote 0

tecowdw

Least favorite for me would probably be All-Star Sports. Values are not my favorite category but a sports theme just does nothing for me. I also wouldn't care for Fort Wilderness because I don't like to "rough it" on vacation. Grand Floridian would not be ideal theme or price wise, but it would beat a value resort if I could have that choice financially. I've stayed at SSR (and will again this Friday) but it's not very appealing other than the fact that it is a DVC resort and I have my free developer points there. The one thing I hate most about any Disney resort is one that has noisy, below window, a/c units. Ugh!!

Only ones I have not stayed at are GF, FW, POFQ and ASSp (ironically mostly my least favorite ones).

All-time favorite: Polynesian, followed by Wilderness Lodge!!
DVC favorite: Animal Kingdom Lodge (my new home resort)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom