Least Favorite Disney Deluxe Resort?

CaptainShortty

I know we often talk about which hotel is everyone's favorite but I was wondering which is everyone's LEAST favorite Deluxe Resort. IMO, they all have many pros and cons so I was curious what people didn't like about them.

Pioneer Hall

I would say the Contemporary, which I know may sound sacrilegious to some. While it's an original and is a Disney icon, it just doesn't transport me somewhere else like the other resorts do.

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Does the Dolphin count. I didn't care for it. It isn't actually a Disney owned resort so all the themeing is missing.

But, it isw close to EPCOT and HS

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

For me so far, it's been WL. I know most will disagree with me but I personally just don't get why everyone loves it so much.

I like it, but I agree that it wouldn't be my first choice anymore after staying at others. Of the lodges, I prefer Animal Kingdom Lodge. However, every now and again I do like staying at WL just to mix it up a bit. I have a weekend reservation at the villas there in Jan.

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Saratoga Springs (treehouses excluded).

The place feels like a retirement community to me. All that's missing is plastic over the couches.

Upvote 0

rob0519

Least Favorite Deluxe Resort

This is a tough question. While the Wilderness Lodge is aesthetically pleasing and has a great pool, the size of the rooms and the wait for buses makes it seem like a moderate resort, despite the price.

The Grand Floridian looks like you're staying in someone great-grandmother's house and the service of late has definitely not been worth the price.

So in my opinion it's a coin flip between those two.

That being said, all of the deluxe resorts are getting incredibly expensive for worn out and out dated rooms. Having only wired internet connections in the rooms and charging ten dollars a day on top of the hundreds of dollars a day for the room is unbelievable.

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

I have to also say, GF, every time I asked a question, either to front desk personnel, or to any staff at GF, I felt like I was wasting their time. (I even got they eyeroll from a desk clerk) Not only did I find it stuffy, but downright RUDE. That is one property on Disney property that I will never stay at again.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Perhaps an abbreviation guide might help.

CR = Contemporary Resort
Poly is obvious
GF= Grand Floridian
WL = Wilderness Lodge
AKL - Animal Kingdom Lodge
B&YC = Beach & Yacht Club
BWI = Boardwalk Inn
S&D = Swan and Dolphin
SS = Saratoga Springs
I don't know if there is a commonly used abbreviation for the Treehouses?

MCO = the Orlando Airport ;) former McCoy Air Force Base

Upvote 0

pixargal

Definitely the Yacht Club. The lobby is very cold and sterile feeling. The CMs I encountered were aloof as well. I prefer an atmosphere more warm and welcoming.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

So far I only stayed at two deluxe resorts, Poly and WL and I loved both although the rooms in the WL are too small for a deluxe and the Poly has definitely a problem with the housekeeping, we were quite disappointed during our stay there about the cleanliness of our room. But at both resorts the CMs were very polite and had that typical "Disney-style" of doing their tasks, exactly what I expected from a disney resort.
I am definitely interested also in staying at the CR and the AKL, the GF is far too expensive IMHO and in most other resorts the theming is not as interesting for me as it is at the Poly and WL.

Upvote 0

Skooterkid

I'd probably say The Polynesian, which everyone seems to love on this forum but it's really not my kind of theme. I'd rather stay at Grandma's house over at the Grand Floridian or the super-swanky looking Bay Lake Tower (which I've never stayed at, but it looks great).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom