Le Cellier to offer single all-day menu from tomorrow

Malin

Really? So its okay to charge 40 bucks a head at lunch when its not worth it? Its the principle of the matter here. Its not worth that price at lunch time. It was high before but was okay and doable because it was worth it, usually, and usually around $22 and up. But they just did almost a 75% price increase on that menu (comparing the grilled chop $22, now replaced with some odd pork dish for $38) and changed the menu drastically and took away what people loved. Insane. Thats not okay. Its a waste of money unless your out for a really good steak but even the reviews on that have not always been stellar.

I urge you to eat somewhere else then if you don't want to pay the mark up price. Come on its not like Epcot is starved of other table service Restaurants to dine within a cheaper price range. And Le Cellier has always been overpriced. I guess some people are finally now waking up to this, unfortunately too late. Disney are smart enough to realise that by branding this in name only as a signature Restaurant and putting the prices up that it will still be at 100% capacity. It might take a few days more to be fully booked up but the appeal will still be there. Besides like I said before something needed to be done.

Malin

I bet you are also ok with EMH being cut an hour as well. Sorry but Disney is getting too greedy now and ruining what was good about the Disney World Resort.

My trips to the World are so little that Extra Magic Hours don't concern me in the least either way. Although for myself if it gives the maintenance crew more time to run repairs and better maintained attractions and general upkeep around the park then yeah I'd be happy with losing an hour of Extra Magic. You see for me I'm one of these guys that cares about the product and can get upset when things begin to decline. I'm not one of these folks that all I care about are my free benefits.

Malin

No - you are absolutely correct. WDW had to do something to reduce demand at LC... seems to have worked.

I take exception to HOW they did it... making LC into a fake SIG. They simply should have said "two credits" - not sullied the Signature Restaurant title yet again. REAL Signatures get that way for reasons of quality - not economics.

Although Disney have been doing this kind of thing for years with the hotels. And yet people still pay for it!

aladdin2007

I urge you to eat somewhere else then if you don't want to pay the mark up price. Come on its not like Epcot is starved of other table service Restaurants to dine within a cheaper price range. And Le Cellier has always been overpriced. I guess some people are finally now waking up to this, unfortunately too late. Disney are smart enough to realise that by branding this in name only as a signature Restaurant and putting the prices up that it will still be at 100% capacity. It might take a few days more to be fully booked up but the appeal will still be there. Besides like I said before something needed to be done My trips to the World are so little that Extra Magic Hours don't concern me in the least either way. Although for myself if it gives the maintenance crew more time to run repairs and better maintained attractions and general upkeep around the park then yeah I'd be happy with losing an hour of Extra Magic. You see for me I'm one of these guys that cares about the product and can get upset when things begin to decline. I'm not one of these folks that all I care about are my free benefits.

You are missing the entire point here, eating somewhere else is fine, but thats not the answer and doesnt justify what Disney has done....besides if you hardly go why are you even involved in this conversation.

bgraham34

My trips to the World are so little that Extra Magic Hours don't concern me in the least either way. Although for myself if it gives the maintenance crew more time to run repairs and better maintained attractions and general upkeep around the park then yeah I'd be happy with losing an hour of Extra Magic. You see for me I'm one of these guys that cares about the product and can get upset when things begin to decline. I'm not one of these folks that all I care about are my free benefits.

But see you miss the point. Disney is reducing benefits and raising prices all around. They cant really justify raising prices when they remove perks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It is just supply and demand.

If it were just supply and demand... why doesn't Disney, a for profit company, look to capitalize on that demand by adding more supply to bring in even more revenue?

Oh.. that's right.. it's just easier to raise prices to get short term gains instead of investing for long term growth.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If it were just supply and demand... why doesn't Disney, a for profit company, look to capitalize on that demand by adding more supply to bring in even more revenue?

Oh.. that's right.. it's just easier to raise prices to get short term gains instead of investing for long term growth.
Welcome to the thought process of a publicly owned company.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But see you miss the point. Disney is reducing benefits and raising prices all around. They cant really justify raising prices when they remove perks.
The only justification Disney or any other company needs for raising prices is will people pay the new inflated price.

Malin

You are missing the entire point here, eating somewhere else is fine, but thats not the answer and doesnt justify what Disney has done....besides if you hardly go why are you even involved in this conversation.

Why isn't eating somewhere else not the answer? You truly don't have a choice in the matter you either have to pay the higher prices or go else where. It really is that simple. Le Cellier can't meet demand. Disney who are struggling to improve attendance is looking at other ways to create revenue and growth. Disney also realise a lot of its Guests will be happy to pay more to eat here. What part am I failing to understand? Yeah I can see why people might be upset but I can also understand why Disney has done it. Myself again I don't have a problem with what Disney is doing because I view it as smart business. If I was unhappy with paying the prices then I'd simply go somewhere else and pay less for a steak. Also just because I don't visit so often does not mean that I shouldn't be involved in the discussion. I kind of took your comments as saying this board is only open to people who visit frequently. For the record my last visit was towards the end of 2008 and I'm coming back this Sept. so feel I have every right to join the conversation and have my say. Apologies if you don't agree with me.

Malin

True but attendance is down at the parks so not everyone is paying.

I think that has more to do with Disney's lack of offerings. The Disneyland Resort have really hiked the prices up this year and yet have been very successful thanks to the new additions like Cars Land. People will pay inflated prices if the product is worth it!

Malin

Why is it when I disagree with someone I'm failing to see the point. I care very little about free perks like Extra Magic Hours. Why anyone wants to be at the Magic Kingdom at 1.00 am is beyond me. Although trying to see it your way yes I'm very disappointed that maintenance and upkeep continues to decline around the Resort while the prices continue to rise and Disney continues to waste money on crap like My Magic + and more hotels while the parks look dated and are in need for new attractions. How Disney can justify this I'll never know but people do continue to visit and never speak up. A few people on a message board complaining about lost benefits is a small number compared with those that visit each year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom