Laugh Floor opening in Jan 2007

Space Mountain

Does anyone know the status on construction for Monster's Inc? If they are close to being finished hopefully CMs should be getting assigned there by December and previews should start around xmas...I dont think it will be open by january unless construction is really moving along quickly.

GenerationX

According to my November Disney Newsletter (which links to the Backstage Pass section of disneyworld.com), the attraction will open in "late January, 2007". I love the quote in the article from one of the Turtle Talk / Laugh Floor Imagineer's:

"It's just wonderful to see the reactions - especially from the little kids because, like us, they believe in the magic anyway. They figure they should be able to talk to the characters. We're just helping prove their point."

Victor

I won't pass judgement until I see it, but am I the only one not looking forward to this? The concept art doesn't do much to convince me either.:hurl:

imagineer99

I'm incredibly excited about this.

Seeing the Turtle Talk technology--which is the coolest thing Imagineering has implemented since the EMV--implemented in a large setting should be fantastic.

Maybe it's just me, but communicating with a cartoon character in real time is FASCINATING to me.

WDWFREAK53

I'm incredibly excited about this.

Seeing the Turtle Talk technology--which is the coolest thing Imagineering has implemented since the EMV--implemented in a large setting should be fantastic.

Maybe it's just me, but communicating with a cartoon character in real time is FASCINATING to me.

Not just you...there are many people I hear from (adults to kids) that say Turtle Talk was the best attraction in all of Disney. I, for one, love it...and think it's ingenious...but...at the same time, there really isn't any "flair" to it to make it seem like a blockbuster. Put this in Tomorrowland...and you may get the flair! I'm really excited about it.

Buford

Not just you...there are many people I hear from (adults to kids) that say Turtle Talk was the best attraction in all of Disney. I, for one, love it...and think it's ingenious...but...at the same time, there really isn't any "flair" to it to make it seem like a blockbuster. Put this in Tomorrowland...and you may get the flair! I'm really excited about it.
It's just like Mr. Lincoln in 1964. Amazing and revolutionary figure. But good animatronics really became great with rides like Pirates of the Caribbean..... and later the American Adventure..... T.T. technology just needs some 'multimedia.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom