Latest resort stay survey questions

ThatMouse

Original Poster
The survey asked which technologies we use including portable battery charger, smart home devices and VR. It also asked how we prefer to unlock our phones, if we kept bluetooth on, and what is the youngest age a child should own a smart phone (I answered under 3 lol). The survey was sent based on our room reservation, but there were no questions asking about how good or bad our stay was.

My friends come to me for advice about technology
I like the option of using an app to control my hotel room environment (thermostat, curtains, room service orders, etc.)
I prefer to use self-checkout registers when they are available in retail stores
I expect free Wi-Fi at all business or retail locations
I’m interested in using augmented reality (an enhanced version of reality) on my Smartphone (e.g., Pokemon Go)
I am/would be comfortable talking to a virtual assistant in public (Amazon Echo’s Alexa, iPhone’s Siri, etc.)
I am/would be comfortable talking to a virtual assistant in my home (Amazon Echo’s Alexa, iPhone’s Siri, etc.)
I’m comfortable using Bluetooth or a headset to have a phone conversation in public
I’m interested in using virtual reality (a simulated environment) on my Smartphone utilizing a special VR viewer (e.g., Google Cardboard)
I am comfortable making purchases greater than $10,000 on my smartphone
I am comfortable making purchases greater than $1,000 on my smartphone

I was happy with the Internet/Wi-Fi reception within the Disney theme park(s)
Alerts/Notifications sent from Disney to my smartphone were helpful
I was concerned about my smartphone’s battery life while at the Walt Disney World® Resort
I had a better experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort when my smartphone’s location services are turned on
I was happy with my cellular/mobile coverage within the Disney theme park(s)
The My Disney Experience app enhanced my experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The survey asked which technologies we use including portable battery charger, smart home devices and VR. It also asked how we prefer to unlock our phones, if we kept bluetooth on, and what is the youngest age a child should own a smart phone (I answered under 3 lol). The survey was sent based on our room reservation, but there were no questions asking about how good or bad our stay was.

I like the option of using an app to control my hotel room environment (thermostat, curtains, room service orders, etc.)
I prefer to use self-checkout registers when they are available in retail stores
I’m interested in using augmented reality (an enhanced version of reality) on my Smartphone (e.g., Pokemon Go)
I am/would be comfortable talking to a virtual assistant in public (Amazon Echo’s Alexa, iPhone’s Siri, etc.)
I am/would be comfortable talking to a virtual assistant in my home (Amazon Echo’s Alexa, iPhone’s Siri, etc.)
I’m comfortable using Bluetooth or a headset to have a phone conversation in public
I’m interested in using virtual reality (a simulated environment) on my Smartphone utilizing a special VR viewer (e.g., Google Cardboard)

I was concerned about my smartphone’s battery life while at the Walt Disney World® Resort
I had a better experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort when my smartphone’s location services are turned on
The My Disney Experience app enhanced my experience at the Walt Disney World® Resort

Sounds like their plan to close the parks and just let people experience them from their room using VR. ;)

Unplugged

They missed the obvious.....

"I prefer to operate attractions myself or from my smartphone."
"I don't mind traveling without my family when I cannot afford to take them."
"I find CMs ungrateful leaches riding the coat tails of Disney and a nuisance to my vacation."

I really feel like this is what the bean counters are thinking, which is deplorable. I can honestly say, not a single vacation for my family to WDW would be any where near the magic or fun if it weren't for the many wonderful CMs who touched our experience in some way. (Be it Mousekeeping, store staff, attraction operators, or even the CMs would wander the parks keeping them clean and greating us all with friendly hellos.) I believe the current executives fail to realize how vital the "Customer Facing" aspects of a guest's experiences truly are. If they did, many of the questions sdkrf would never have seen the light of day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They missed the obvious.....

"I prefer to operate attractions myself or from my smartphone."
"I don't mind traveling without my family when I cannot afford to take them."
"I find CMs ungrateful leaches riding the coat tails of Disney and a nuisance to my vacation."

I really feel like this is what the bean counters are thinking, which is deplorable. I can honestly say, not a single vacation for my family to WDW would be any where near the magic or fun if it weren't for the many wonderful CMs who touched our experience in some way. (Be it Mousekeeping, store staff, attraction operators, or even the CMs would wander the parks keeping them clean and greating us all with friendly hellos.) I believe the current executives fail to realize how vital the "Customer Facing" aspects of a guest's experiences truly are. If they did, many of the questions sdkrf would never have seen the light of day.

This is so well done...bravo 😂

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You have never used self checkout? It has many built in protections against theft. Cameras, scales and some very smart programming. Self checkout is what we will be doing in 5 years. The age of the "cashier" is done.

Of course...but not at a super busy tourist trap that makes their highest profit off mass produced sweatshop fair...

It may no longer be as big of an issue due to universal camera deterrents...but shoplifting was always a high priority for Disney

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Expect buying merch/food, most room service, most park entry, more photopass, ride operation, and even some fur characters to be replaced with automation within the next ten years.

Of course...an aesthetically sanitary, humanless leisure compound with pricing dependent on daily stock prices....

They’ll have to get a new name for the master computer though...maybe “big sister”??

I exaggerate...but the scary premise is maybe not by much?

seascape

I warned you all about this when the $15 wage was announced.
Disney is going to pay everyone working for them a livable wage, yes.
But Disney is also about to cut MANY jobs to replace them with automation.
Nation WIDE, jobs are about to disappear due to automation.
No one seems to understand that the automation boom is quickly approaching and it's going to wreck the lowerclass/middle class even more than they're wrecked right now.
Whatever the minimum wage is, it costs jobs. That does not mean we should not have a system which guarantees those who work full time end up with a livable wage. The question is how to get there and the answer is not as hard to find than most people think. It come down to answering the question is society better off if people work to get a livable wage or we just have the government give everyone enough money to live. The answer of course is to encourage people to work, so we should subsidize those who work 35 or more hours a week. The federal government should pay the difference between what the job actually produces and the $15.00 not to require the employer to pay it because you are right, in too many cases technology will replace the employee and cost much less and we have less jobs.

HauntedMansionFLA

Don’t most three year olds have IPhones and tablets? I see them in the parks with their eyes glued to them missing out on that Disney family magic ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom