Latest Numbers

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Original Poster
(Weekend Gross ticket receipts in $millions)

Movie (Studio)
----------------------------------|Nov 25||Nov 18|Release Total--Weeks
1. Harry Potter (WB) -.- | $57.5 | $90.3 |$187.0 | 2
2. Monsters, Inc. (DS) -.- | $24.1 | $22.7 |$192.2 | 4

It's close....Monsters still has the lead on Harry in Total Release Gross by 5.2mil.

DMC-12

Original Poster
Yeah, I am glad Monsters got the record as well.
I am kinda Surprised Jurassic Park: The Lost World held on to that title as long as it did....for largest opening weekend (3 day gross).

we'll see what the numbers do after this weekend.

wdwmaniac

Harry #1 Monster falls to 4th

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" took in $24.1 million to remain the No. 1 movie for the third straight weekend. But its gross dropped 58 percent from last week's Friday-to-Sunday total, according to studio estimates Sunday. The film has taken in $220.1 million in 17 days.

Behind Enemy Lines," starring Gene Hackman and Owen Wilson, opened in second place with $19.2 million. "Spy Game" was third with $11.2 million.

Monsters, Inc.," another family hit, fell from second place to fourth with $9.4 million, a 61 percent decline from the previous Friday-through-Sunday. Last year, the gross for "Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas" fell 48 percent the weekend after Thanksgiving.

"Harry Potter" and "Monsters, Inc." should see solid rebounds around Christmas and New Year's Day. Both holidays are prime time for family moviegoing. They fall on Tuesdays this year, meaning five-day holiday weekends that bode well for film attendance.

Harry expected to gross up to 400 million but more close to 300 million.

Do you think Moster Inc will be able to break Sherk?

DMC-12

Original Poster
Ah, ya beat me to it. I read the Numbers this morn and seen that Monsters droped to 4th.

As far as Monsters beating out Shreck, thats a tough call to make.
I think it would be safe to say yes in the long haul...maybe.... a couple months from now, after striking the rental Markets, and Home Video/DVD. It might be a close one..too close to call, and Shreck could hold the leader spot.

Just a side note
a Friend who works at a VW and Kia Dealership up North were having a deal where you come in and test drive a Kia...you got a free Shreck Video...needless to say it was a popular promotion...all the videos were gone....but the Kia's were still there...LOL

wdwmaniac

Weekend of Dec. 7

1 Ocean's 11 $39,255,000
2 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone $14,805,000
3 Behind Enemy Lines $8,110,000
4 Monsters, Inc. $6,673,000
5 Spy Game $4,600,000
6 Black Knight $3,250,000

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom