Latest look at the new Bonnet Creek Hilton and Waldorf Astoria

tare

is bonnet creek going to be like any other disney resort or end up being like the dolphin and swan??

kcnole

They are not owned by Disney in any way so they will not be like the Disney hotels or the swan and dolphin (at least the Hilton and Waldorf, the Four Seasons is in a partnership with Disney). I doubt that Disney will be giving them extra magic hours or anything like that.

rjohns13

I have been inspecting these buildings, I took pictures of them and the surrounding areas from the 18th floor of tower 6 at the Wyndam Resort that is underconstruction also. I will post the pics when I figure out how to do it.

castlecake2.0

The one Hotel is definitely visible from World Showcase. I Can see it from the Canada Pavilion growing behind Germany. At first you could only notice the cranes, but the last few weeks the top of the tower has become more visible. Hopefully they do something so you don't see a giant hotel behind Germany.

mom_rules

I have been inspecting these buildings, I took pictures of them and the surrounding areas from the 18th floor of tower 6 at the Wyndam Resort that is underconstruction also. I will post the pics when I figure out how to do it.

Will be most interesting to see your pics. What do you think since you were there first hand?

JCtheparrothead

I will be at BC in 2 weeks and I will try to get a update on the facade around these buildings. They usually have models built in the sales office for things like this. But I do agree they really need to make sure that these buildings dont detract from the Disney experience.

These hotels will receive no extra benefit from Disney. Since Disney maintains all roads in Disney and this is an island is there any word on Disney being able to charge these hotels for maintenance of the roads going to this island that are on Disney property? I understand that Disney can't deny them access to their property, but it seems as though they should pay Disney for maintenance of the Disney rooads to the resorts. Other than building codes and the county planning commission, I don't believe that Disney could do very much even if these leeches wanted to build higher in the future. I suppose that Disney could go to courts to prevent building higher if it interferes with Disney's use of its land (like a nuisance suit). I guess the claim would be that building higher could interfere with the ambiance and design of the theme parks and interfere with Disney's business and use of their property. How the courts would resolve such a claim? I'm sure high level negotiations would occur between the corporations and governments first to prevent any negative publicity. Disney should deny these resorts any benefit, otherwise they will be hurting their resorts and their guests!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom