Latest look at the new Bonnet Creek Hilton and Waldorf Astoria

Richie248

The Waldorf doesn't look as pretty as I thought it would, then again it's not complete, so I'll save my judgement for another day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep at the moment its just a shell, very much like the Contemporary Tower. It will be interesting to see how they turn out.

jt04

I am impressed with the Hilton retro design. The Waldorf on the other hand is rather unremarkable. Perhaps the artist rendering was not intended to be too detailed.

I am much more interested in how the Four Seasons turns out.

krankenstein

They look how I expected them to. Now, I am expecting a lot more from the Four Seasons...I hope I am not disappointed.

Thanks for the update Steve.

DougK

The Waldorf doesn't look as pretty as I thought it would, then again it's not complete, so I'll save my judgement for another day.

Why save your judgemet for another day? Alot of people on this board have been trashing the new Contemporary Tower and that is not finshed either! :lol:

hokielutz

There was a lot of chatter in past threads about the height of these hotels being a plague on the park experience.

Since it appears that the structures are built out to their maximum heights.... are there any actual sight-lines that are disturbed at Epcot, or DHS? Can you easily see the structures from the parks on the ground?

Forget about Carib Beach... the resort experience there is wounded by being in the shadow of those buildings.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a lot of chatter in past threads about the height of these hotels being a plague on the park experience.

Since it appears that the structures are built out to their maximum heights.... are there any actual sight-lines that are disturbed at Epcot, or DHS? Can you easily see the structures from the parks on the ground?

Forget about Carib Beach... the resort experience there is wounded by being in the shadow of those buildings.

No there isnt any significant visibility of them from around WDW. :) IN fact, you cant even see the structures from the approach road of Bonnet Creek. They really arent that tall, and WDW controls sight lines from everywhere so well.

jt04

I really don't think they will be visible from Epcot. They are similar in height to Swan/Dolphin and those are not too visible even though they are right next door. Four Seasons will probably be visible from the beach at FW but that is the only sight-line problem I expect. DHS should not have a problem. Pop Century and CBR are a different story I think. PO/Riverside are heavily wooded enough that the Four Seasons won't be visible. All in all I think management is doing the best they can with sight-lines.

WDW Monorail

how did the four seasons end up buying land space in disney. and how did disney not realize they didnt own that land?

Back when all of the land for RCID was purchased, one owner refused to sell property east of EPCOT. This property is Bonnet Creek. It is basically an 'island' within Disney property but not actually Disney owned.

jt04

how did the four seasons end up buying land space in disney. and how did disney not realize they didnt own that land?
I think Disney will still own the land under the Four Seasons. They were brought in as an outside vendor so to speak. Disney needed to compete with the new Waldorf and does not have any experience with that level of service so they contracted it. Of course that is my conclusion, there may be a whole other reason for bringing the Four Seasons onto Disney property.:shrug:

GrumpyFan

No there isnt any significant visibility of them from around WDW. :) IN fact, you cant even see the structures from the approach road of Bonnet Creek. They really arent that tall, and WDW controls sight lines from everywhere so well.

The only place I've seen them is at Pop Century from the 3rd & 4th floors of the buildings that face in that direction, and the view is very ugly! I'm not sure about CBR, I would think not since those buildings are shorter.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They are certainly much better than the towers around the Downtown Disney area. They are hidden much better, and will certainly be more attarctive even when visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom