Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

MotherOfBirds

Course, we have to remember that it's a coaster that will be going up and down, meaning it may not have a ton or horizontal space to spread out, but it will have more vertical space that multiple parts of the track will be able to occupy.

devoy1701

I was thinking the same thing. Hardly seems like enough room to fix a decent sized attraction in that area without major congestion.

perhaps we're not getting as great of an attraction as we thought! they might be duping us!

:lol:

Seriously though, I'm usually pretty good at visualizing things, but I can't quite picture how the Mine Coaster is going to fit in there yet.

Ignohippo

I know concept art is only concept art, but the Mine Coaster area looked MUCH bigger than it actually will be.

I was thinking the same thing, but the area will be quite a bit larger once they take out Dumbo and bring the wall closer to Pooh. I don't think that walkway will be nearly as wide as it is now. People will be spread out throughout the area, so that will no longer need to be a main thoroughfare.

Thank the heavens for Scott Keating! These photo updates are amazing.

Dznycrzy

Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid attractions seem in very close proximity to each other. I'm anxious to see how the landscape progresses from one area to the next.

jt04

Just amazing! I am incredibly pleased they are upgrading the train station. It was so cheesy. And they sure are moving a lot of earth between the tents and the LM building. :veryconfu

erasure fan1

Seriously though, I'm usually pretty good at visualizing things, but I can't quite picture how the Mine Coaster is going to fit in there yet.

I had been thinking the same thing, its just so hard to tell from the sky. From the scope that has been described here, I can see how it should fit now. I just wish they were doing it the same time as everything else so we dont have construction walls in the middle of the new fantasy land.

NewfieFan

I had been thinking the same thing, its just so hard to tell from the sky. From the scope that has been described here, I can see how it should fit now. I just wish they were doing it the same time as everything else so we dont have construction walls in the middle of the new fantasy land.

I know, I keep wondering the same thing! We're going to have this (potentially) beautiful new area and there's going to be a great big wall in front of it and blocking it's view!?!

Villain_70

New here..so please be kind...

The area does look small for the coaster...how small is it going to be...hopefully not as short as Goofy Barnstorm. My kids love that but they complain its too short.

ob1thx1138

There is plenty of room there for the mine coaster. You are just being thrown off by the location of the wall and temporary road they have running right down the middle of where the mine coaster will sit. Right now they have a very large walk way between the wall and Pooh, that area is not going to be that wide once the coaster construction starts. The walls are going to move several feet toward Pooh and probably include part of the old Dumbo location.

iheartdisney91

I'm a little confused, i thought they were further along than this.
i cant seem to locate the Beauty and the Beast castle.

whoops never mind, i think i found it LOL
it appears to just be the top of the castle tho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom