Latest aerial photos - March 30 2012

NoChesterHester

Remember not so long ago when several people posted the mine train wasn't going to happen because the swinging cars couldn't be engineered?? :lol:

jt04

Remember not so long ago when several people posted the mine train wasn't going to happen because the swinging cars couldn't be engineered?? :lol:

Yes any rockwork or other theming they might attach to the HM does not have to reach the ground. Similar to how the latest rockwork being added to the LM show building allows employees to still pass underneath unhindered.

photoflight

Detailed view of the carrousel and old Dumbo ride area where they've apparently put the forms in for the base of the new wall. Notice all the lines for stroller parking? Yikes.

Click to enlarge...

Detailed view of the carrousel and old Dumbo ride area where they've apparently put the forms in for the base of the new wall. Notice all the lines for stroller parking? Yikes.

Click to enlarge...

In the area of the old Dumbo, it appears that the lowest portion of the base in red is still in place. You would think that would be removed by now or are they just going to cover over it?

Mike730

Something else, there's some sort of structure going up in front of the big bridge. I can't tell what it is, and there's nothing on the concept art there. Unless its part of the coaster??
scaled.php

screenshot20120401at534.png

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Im still new, and not sure how to quote a previous post, but in reply to the post about some structure in front of the bridge...

While i have no official way to confirm this, but judging by the how the horizontal steel is at about grade level, it may just be a tied retaining wall or MSE wall, if the dirt from either side of the walkway may be removed when finished. Great eyes to pick that out, and i'm a bit of a engineering nerd if its not too obvious :slurp:

Click on the
quote.gif
below the post that you want to quote.

If you want to quote more than one quote in your post then click on the
multiquote_off.gif
of every post that you want to multi-quote.

Mike730

Im still new, and not sure how to quote a previous post, but in reply to the post about some structure in front of the bridge...

While i have no official way to confirm this, but judging by the how the horizontal steel is at about grade level, it may just be a tied retaining wall or MSE wall, if the dirt from either side of the walkway may be removed when finished. Great eyes to pick that out, and i'm a bit of a engineering nerd if its not too obvious :slurp:

EDIT: but the more i look at it, it may just be a temporary retaining wall to keep dirt from sliding onto the exposed slab their currently working on

That's a great point. I didn't even think of that because its so simple. It must just be an extension to the bridge like on the other side because it does appear to be at ground level.

JungleTrekFan

Yeah I was wondering why they removed some of the cement but not all of it?

I can only think its because that area is right above the cast locker rooms in the Utilidors, so they probably can only take so much cement away before they reach a level that endangers the safety of the cast that use the Utilidors. No body wants a tunnel collapse.

EDIT: but the more i look at it, it may just be a temporary retaining wall to keep dirt from sliding onto the exposed slab their currently working on

It looks like they might be tying the bridge structure into that mystery retaining wall that was built and then buried several months ago.

Scuttle

Great shots! Does Scott K. ever get images of the NEW animation resort on his fly overs?

Don't want to speak for Scott, but I think he flys through WDW quickly on his way to take photos of other places in Florida. So I think that is why he only gets a handful of pics each time. Again I can't say for certain.

Here is a pic of the Art of Animation I took 2/9/12 if your interested:shrug:

Attachments

• 290.jpg
    290.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 127

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom