Last Weeks Trip

csaguy

Original Poster
We spent a week at WDW. Magical Express trip to Saratoga Springs was great, the baggage handle was bad. It took 4 hours for all the bags to show up. None of the parks was really crowded.
Magic Kingdom: CoP was running, it does need work. The seats are ripped and the carpet is old. We had to ride Stich to see how terrible it is -YES- it is that bad. The longest wait time we saw was Peter Pan @ 40 min. IASW looked good and sounded great. SM had the jumping fountains running.
EPCOT: MS had a 10 min stand-by and 5 min single rider. I walked right on most times (6). TT single rider was the same. SOARING was 100 min. and no fast passes after 1:30. There is single rider lanes getting set up.
AK: No wait at Dinosaur. On Everest we noticed holes or something on the side. I'm putting the pics up now.
Studio: The second time we saw the Stunt show Herbie stalled and had to be pushed, At least to of the chase cars was stalling and one of the motorcycles was stalling and running rough. It was still a good show.
My daughter was chosen for Indiana Jones. I always wanted to do it too. RNR and ToT were busy but the wait was no more than 20 min. (real time was 10).
PICTURES "http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=3229"

WDW Kip

Thanks for the trip report. We're heading out in January, and I can't wait!

It's so weird to see that Soarin' was the only place you encountered a real wait; it's good to know that the fastpasses were gone early, so we'll have to make sure we get one in the morning.

JEDIsney

Thanks for the update!

It seems that the ride waits aren't really that bad. Sounds like you had fun with practically empty parks and un-crowded rides.

Craig & Lisa

Thanks, the updates will help us for our trip next month, always knew that you HAVE to get there early for fastpass, and if you wait the right way you can hold as many as 3 at a time, just wait till the time has started on the last fastpass then you can go for the next one, and so on. How were the temp's? should be alittl warm with wilma headed from the south. 27 days....................NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!:D

peter11435

csaguy said:
We spent a week at WDW. Magical Express trip to Saratoga Springs was great, the baggage handle was bad. It took 4 hours for all the bags to show up. None of the parks was really crowded.
Magic Kingdom: CoP was running, it does need work. The seats are ripped and the carpet is old. We had to ride Stich to see how terrible it is -YES- it is that bad. The longest wait time we saw was Peter Pan @ 40 min. IASW looked good and sounded great. SM had the jumping fountains running.
EPCOT: MS had a 10 min stand-by and 5 min single rider. I walked right on most times (6). TT single rider was the same. SOARING was 100 min. and no fast passes after 1:30. There is single rider lanes getting set up.
AK: No wait at Dinosaur. On Everest we noticed holes or something on the side. I'm putting the pics up now.
Studio: The second time we saw the Stunt show Herbie stalled and had to be pushed, At least to of the chase cars was stalling and one of the motorcycles was stalling and running rough. It was still a good show.
My daughter was chosen for Indiana Jones. I always wanted to do it too. RNR and ToT were busy but the wait was no more than 20 min. (real time was 10).
PICTURES "http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showgallery.php?cat=3229"
The holes you speek of are where the scaffolding has been removed. The scaffolding was built into the side of the mountain.

DisneyPhD

How was the bus service at SSR? I've heard some people waiting 45 to 60 minutes for buses and other say they've had no problems. What was your experience?

bigorangeandy

It looks like you had a good trip, with really short wait times (compaired to our trip in June). I also was part of the Indy show, it was great. We also stayed at SSR and wait for the bus wasn't more than 20 min tops going to any park. The return to SSR was another thing, we had several waits of 30 min or more (this was in the afternoon to miss some of the heat), not as long in the evening when the parks were closing.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
The holes you speek of are where the scaffolding has been removed. The scaffolding was built into the side of the mountain.

Not really. The scaffolding was there before the mountain was.

Basically, you can't put the fiberglass skin through the scaffold, so now that its removed they have to go back and plug the holes. Which will take a while, since they have to practically scale the mountain or do it from a crane.

mandib

Speaking of...is the single rider line for Soarin' ever going to get set up or is it just going to sit there? Wasn't it open at the beginning for a bit or am I imagining it? Just wondering!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mandib said:
Speaking of...is the single rider line for Soarin' ever going to get set up or is it just going to sit there? Wasn't it open at the beginning for a bit or am I imagining it? Just wondering!

I believe they determined that it wasn't worth running because of the way crowd flow went. The times where they'd only need 1 guest to fill in a spot were too few and far between to make the line viable.

peter11435

Thrawn said:
Not really. The scaffolding was there before the mountain was.

Basically, you can't put the fiberglass skin through the scaffold, so now that its removed they have to go back and plug the holes. Which will take a while, since they have to practically scale the mountain or do it from a crane.
I knew that. I guess I just didn't explain it well.

CTXRover

Thrawn said:

I could be mistaken, but I believe they've been filling in and repainting over the holes as each layer of scaffolding has been taken off. Now that most of the scaffolding is off, they appear to be done with the mountain's exterior. I don't believe they will be going back with a crane to fill in the holes...it's already been completed, no?

I_Love_Disney

Glad to hear that you had a good trip. I am checking into a cabin at Fort Wilderness in 34 days with my family!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

I cannot wait to be there!!! I love Disney lit up for Christmas. :xmas: It's beautiful!!!

shmmrname

I was chosen to be in the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular on my last trip. It was so cool, but the person in our party that really, really wanted to do it was then left out if the cold, as they had already asked someone from our general vicinity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom