Last week's small fire at the Castle

puntagordabob

wow...that could have quickly become a major fire....thank goodness it was dealt with swiftly before it could have literally threatened the existance of the castle as we know it.

boufa

I'm no fire expert but it looked like it was going pretty strong.

Clearly.... All fires are dangerous, but it is a cement, brick and metal hollow structure with limited contents (at least in that part of the castle). Not sure what was burning, but it would likely have eventually put its self out. The castle was in no danger of burning to the ground. :king:

Now on behalf of the posters that jumped all over the OP, he was right and I would like to apologize. Having made a mistake before and been pounced on for it, and pounced good, I can tell you that you were treated gently.

Thanks OP for your contribution to the community.

SoarinRules

Original Poster
Clearly.... All fires are dangerous, but it is a cement, brick and metal hollow structure with limited contents (at least in that part of the castle). Not sure what was burning, but it would likely have eventually put its self out. The castle was in no danger of burning to the ground. :king:

Now on behalf of the posters that jumped all over the OP, he was right and I would like to apologize. Having made a mistake before and been pounced on for it, and pounced good, I can tell you that you were treated gently.

Thanks OP for your contribution to the community.

No worries. I didn't feel pounced upon in the least. I'm just glad I could contribute! :)

SoarinRules

Original Poster
Very interesting... Were you there when it started? If you were, how long did it last before it got put out? :shrug:

You saw what I saw. I was waiting by the curb for some friends and decided to do some videotaping around the statue. Once I saw the fire, my focus changed a bit. My guess is that it hadn't been going long when I first noticed it, based on the fact that nobody was up there at that time.

maryszhi

No worries. I didn't feel pounced upon in the least. I'm just glad I could contribute! :)

welcome to the boards! also that video was interesting. I would have been spooked if i saw that.. but am glad no one was hurt and they put it away quickly!
again thanks for the video and welcome to the boards.

The Duck

Not a troll, just a long-time lurker who had a comment. I posted my video to Youtube. Here it is. As you can see, the fire is minor, and my original post about it being on a spire was wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AacKJC9ZMmg

I would like to apologize for accusing you of trolling. Too often, first time posters (here and elsewhere) have tried to stir the pot by making outlandish reports and a report like this made me think that you were in that number. Again, I apologize and I hope that you continue posting.

SoarinRules

Original Poster
I would like to apologize for accusing you of trolling. Too often, first time posters (here and elsewhere) have tried to stir the pot by making outlandish reports and a report like this made me think that you were in that number. Again, I apologize and I hope that you continue posting.

Thanks, Duck! I intend to post more, but my subsequent posts will never reach this level of interest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom