Trip Report Last WDW trip of the year (probably), but not our last Disney-related trip.

You may remember us (and @wdisney9000 šŸ˜) from such trip reports as "I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...," and our land/sea reports with DCL.

Yes, that's right. It's the forum's very own @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek. This time, we're going to the parks!

The deets:

When: June 29 - July 5
Where: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

We've got parks and meals planned, plus some first-time dining at Jaleo. We will also be in MK on July 4.

This will more than likely be our last WDW for this year. We were hoping AP sales would resume before our trip, but that looks like a no-go from Disney. I do not want to pay Disney any more money for park tickets, especially with reduced experiences.

We do have a lot planned this fall and will be documenting our travels. We will be sailing DCL in October to Bermuda. There will probably be a trip report. If that falls through, maybe Celebrity during the same time or back to TRS Coral in Mexico (I feel like this pandemic has made me have backup trips for every trip). In November, we will be sailing Virgin Voyages. This is the cruise line with no children! I'm also digging the cruise lines that include drinks, tips, and wifi in their cruise fares. We also have some West Coast Disney adventures planned for Spring 2022 and the Disney Wish in Fall 2022.

You can find us both on IG at the same usernames if you wish to follow along on our adventures.

So, in the meantime, I'm making a list of Flower & Garden drinks and dishes I want to try and walking almost every day of the week in my Disney sandals in order to prepare for our trip.

Dory71

If the cheesecake is the same as in previous F&W fests it was really good. I recommend it. Sad that they didn't bring back the roasted cauliflower with honey-carrot puree, wild rice and asparagus...it was ah mazing!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
A few of my thoughts....

Jardin (I don't know full names of booths) - Tulum Beer and Garden Margarita
I really liked the Tulum beer the floater shot on top was interesting.

Germany - Toasted pretzel bread
I've had this in the past and it can be good and bad. If it is fresh it is very tasty, if it has been sitting awhile it can be dry.

Citrus Blossom - citrus shortcake
I didn't have this at the festival this year but in 2020 (before shutdown) and it was fine but didn't have enough orange/citrus flavor for me.

Farmers Feast - Watermelon mint ale
I didn't care for this at all. I took a couple sips and threw it out. It pained me to throw it out, a Wisconsinite doesn't waste beer.

The Honey Bee-stro - Cheesecake
Excellent! I'm looking forward to eating this again next week. As a bonus my husband hates cheesecake so I won't have to share!

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Watermelon mint ale sounds interesting and my mind is wondering what the Bubbly brew could possibly be. It gives me Hocus Pocus/Harry Potter vibes. Curious to see how those taste.

Sorry to hear about the Bermuda cruise, I know you really enjoyed your last adventure there but WOW, drinks included on the Celebrity! That could be dangerous. Glad you found an alternative.

It does sound interesting. I really like both of those flavors, but I'm not sure if I'll like them together. The Bubbly Brew is Jameson cold brew whiskey and coffee with a splash of Coke. I love/hate relationship with coffee in stuff, that is not coffee.

Disney better hope Celebrity doesn't win us over. DCL is great and it's a unique experience, but the extras (like drinks, wifi, and tips) add up quick on top of your already expensive cruise fare. Not saying Celebrity is cheap, but you can't beat drinks, wifi (unlimited) and tips already in your fare for as much or less than a DCL cruise.

If the cheesecake is the same as in previous F&W fests it was really good. I recommend it. Sad that they didn't bring back the roasted cauliflower with honey-carrot puree, wild rice and asparagus...it was ah mazing!!!
I really like cheesecake, so I'm hoping it's a winner! I'm on the fence about cauliflower. I like it raw, in salads. I've tried the crust at CA Pizza Kitchen and like it, and also Green Giant veggie tots and they were pretty good.

A few of my thoughts....

I really liked the Tulum beer the floater shot on top was interesting.

I've had this in the past and it can be good and bad. If it is fresh it is very tasty, if it has been sitting awhile it can be dry.

I didn't have this at the festival this year but in 2020 (before shutdown) and it was fine but didn't have enough orange/citrus flavor for me.

I didn't care for this at all. I took a couple sips and threw it out. It pained me to throw it out, a Wisconsinite doesn't waste beer.

Excellent! I'm looking forward to eating this again next week. As a bonus my husband hates cheesecake so I won't have to share!
Tulum beer - I had forgotten about that. I'll try that for sure.
Germany - yes, I've had it before as well and you are 100% correct. I had it dry, but I think (or hope) that it can be very good fresh.
Citrus shortcake - I may cut this out in favor of something else. I like strong citrus flavors.
Watermelon Mint Ale - Yikes! It's an interesting combo. I know if I don't like it, Sean will not let it go to waste. :)
Cheesecake - That's 2 folks for the cheesecake. Looks like a must-do!
Thanks for the input!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Tulum beer is an absolute MUST try.
So Good GIF by memecandy

coachwnh

Two pieces of great news yesterday: fireworks and extended park hours!

We will be at MK on both July 1 and July 4. Maybe I just subconsciously knew that fireworks were going to happen and planned accordingly.

View attachment 564149

Or maybe I was just lucky.

I'm hoping the crowd will only pick up on the first towards the evening. Seems as though AP slots were the only thing left for the 1st. I expect a sea of Disney bloggers to be present.

On to Epcot - I've been reviewing the food booths. I've made some notes about things I want to try.

Anyone have any thoughts about these dishes/drinks?

Magnolia Terrace - Bayou Cocktail
American Adventure - Bubbly Brew
Cider House - Samuel Smith lager

You'll notice my tastes run the gamut of flavors (except sour beer). If you've tried something and it's really good, and I mean
View attachment 564150
good, let me know. My list is not heavy on the food at present.

We're approximately two weeks out. I'm double-checking reservation (that are not Disney) and making sure our pre-TSA info is included. I'm reading security lines have been crazy.

It another update, Disney cancelled sailings on the Magic into November. That means our Bermuda trip was cancelled. We did not reschedule anything on Disney, but instead, booked on the Celebrity Edge out of MIA during the same time. The itinerary is 7-nights eastern or western Caribbean. We managed to snag an aft (what Celebrity calls a sunset verandah) room and are excited. So....if you're looking to cruise in the fall, and want to hang with two of the semi-coolest people around, then check it out. Guys...drinks are included in your fare. The adult kinds of drinks.
Tulum is an average Mexican lager. The Sam Smith organic lager is sweet, malty, smooth and very repeatable for me.

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Day before travel update:

Thursday, June 29 ā€“ We're still on fora Morimoto dinner. We're also going to Jock Lindsey's and will try the Bacon of Doom.

What is the Bacon of Doom, you ask?

"Thick-cut Applewood-smoked Bacon dipped in The Ganacheryā€™s Milk Chocolate and Chipotle Ganache served with served with choice of a shareable smoked cocktail (Trusty Revovler: Bulleit Rye Whiskey, Tipplers Orange Liqueur, and Luxardo Cherries. Smoked and served with an Ice Sphere OR Snake Bite Margarita: Herradura Reposado Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chile Liqueur, and Tipplers Orange Liqueur, with Sweet-and-Sour, and Lime Juice. Smoked and served with an Ice Sphere)"

Side note: The Indiana Jones series (minus 4, it doesn't count)is my favorite movie series. I wanted to be Indiana Jones, but archeology does not pay the bills. Anything named Bacon of Doom is a must.

Wednesday, June 30 ā€“ Check in to Polynesian (super early) and then head over to AK for the day.People are reporting they are letting resort buses in first and holding off cars at the gates. So, we'll catch a bus at Poly and head over. Afterwards, we're heading over to Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Villa del Lago at Coronado Springs to eat dinner and meet up for drinks.

Thursday, July 1 ā€“ MK day 1 ā€“ Since MK now closes at 11, we will have a lot of time to enjoy the park and relax. We have a lunch at LTT and dinner at Skipper Canteen. Today is also the first day of returning fireworks at the park!

Friday, July 2 ā€“ HK ā€“ Winging it for dinner, but weā€™d like 50ā€™s, but we will see about that wait list.

Saturday, July 3 ā€“ Epcot ā€“ We will breakfast at Kona because the park doesnā€™t open until 11 (šŸ‘Ž) and then Chefs de France for dinner. I've also chosen a few things to eat and drink at Flower and Garden.

Sunday, July 4 ā€“ MK day 2 ā€“ more eating in the park. I expect this day to be very busy since it's now open to 11 and fingers crossed, maybe 4th fireworks. We have a couple of dinner reservations, but honestly, we will probably cancel because we will have eaten at both places on the 1st. There's only so much of that food I can eat. If we can find something at the Wave for lunch, we may walk to The Wave.

Monday, July 5 ā€“ Back to ATL airport

Looks like we're all ready to go, except for a few more items to pack. If we're meeting you for drinks, we will see you soon!

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
The amount of food we have eaten...šŸ¤¢

Jock Lindsey's

Reggie's Revenge - its on the happy hour menu. Sweet and weak. Skip it.
20210629_122030.jpg

Food - pretzel, empenadas, and cheese dip. Pretzel was the best of the three. However, we weren't there for the bar food.
20210629_122610.jpg

20210629_123534.jpg

We were there for the Bacon of Doom! You receieve 2 old fashion glasses with a large piece if round ice, an orange slice, and a cherry. You can smell the smoke before it arrives and it smells so good.

There's a lot of fanfare. I took a video, but no pictures of the actual smoke-filled dome and bacon. šŸ™„
IMG_20210629_133049_763.jpg

20210629_132501.jpg

This was excellent all around and a good deal for $32. I'm not a fan of chocolate covered Bacon, but this Bacon was spicy and very good. The chocolate was from the ganachery.

This was so much fun to experience. We are now resting at our hotel and will go back out for dinner at Morimoto.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom