Trip Report Last WDW trip of the year (probably), but not our last Disney-related trip.

You may remember us (and @wdisney9000 😁) from such trip reports as "I said I'd never go during Spring Break again, but yet...," and our land/sea reports with DCL.

Yes, that's right. It's the forum's very own @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek. This time, we're going to the parks!

The deets:

When: June 29 - July 5
Where: Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

We've got parks and meals planned, plus some first-time dining at Jaleo. We will also be in MK on July 4.

This will more than likely be our last WDW for this year. We were hoping AP sales would resume before our trip, but that looks like a no-go from Disney. I do not want to pay Disney any more money for park tickets, especially with reduced experiences.

We do have a lot planned this fall and will be documenting our travels. We will be sailing DCL in October to Bermuda. There will probably be a trip report. If that falls through, maybe Celebrity during the same time or back to TRS Coral in Mexico (I feel like this pandemic has made me have backup trips for every trip). In November, we will be sailing Virgin Voyages. This is the cruise line with no children! I'm also digging the cruise lines that include drinks, tips, and wifi in their cruise fares. We also have some West Coast Disney adventures planned for Spring 2022 and the Disney Wish in Fall 2022.

You can find us both on IG at the same usernames if you wish to follow along on our adventures.

So, in the meantime, I'm making a list of Flower & Garden drinks and dishes I want to try and walking almost every day of the week in my Disney sandals in order to prepare for our trip.

krisri18

Malcolm Bright GIF by ProdigalSonFox

Here and ready!

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Itinerary – The only things really set in stone are flights, parks, and resorts/hotel.

Thursday, June 29 – Flight out to ATL. P/U car rental and then head to BW Plus Kissimmee LBV South. This was a package deal through Journese/Pleasant Holidays. The combo price for the flight/car/hotel couldn’t be beat. The flight was a contract rate, the car rental 7 days, and 1-night hotel was less than $800 total for two people. I was checking out car rental prices alone and they are CRAZY EXPENSIVE. The price of a rental car is approximately the same price as the entire package with flights, hotel, and car.

We really don’t have plans that day except dinner reservations at DS. We’ve book Morimoto Asia and Homecomin and will decide closer to the time, unless something earlier comes up for Homecomin. Right now, it’s a 9 pm. We may pick up some donuts for the week.

Wednesday, June 30 – Check in to Polynesian and then head over to AK for the day. We will eat dinner at either Raglan Road or Jaleo. I’m leaning towards Jaleo for the experience.

Thursday, July 1 – MK day 1 – we will eat dinner at the park at either Liberty Tree of Skipper Canteen.

Friday, July 2 – HK – Winging it for dinner, but we’d like 50’s, but we will see about that wait list.

Saturday, July 3 – Epcot – We will breakfast at Kona because the park doesn’t open until 11 (👎) and then Chefs de France for dinner.

Sunday, July 4 – MK day 2 – more eating in the park. I expect this day to be very busy and fingers crossed, maybe fireworks.

Monday, July 5 – Back to ATL airport

lostpro9het

We will be there 2nd-5th. We are not beer drinkers but let me know if you need something from NOLA (New Orleans). We would be happy to bring it with us.
Oh snap! As of right now, there seems to be about two mini exchanges that will be happening. One is on the 30th at Three Bridges at CSR around 8:00ish. The other is at the Tamboooooooooo Lounge on the 2nd around 8:30ish. We're also game for just meeting up for an "Oh-Hey" exchange ;-) if our schedules align at all.

amjt660

Premium Member
Thursday, July 1 – MK day 1 – we will eat dinner at the park at either Liberty Tree of Skipper Canteen.

Friday, July 2 – HK – Winging it for dinner, but we’d like 50’s, but we will see about that wait list.

Saturday, July 3 – Epcot – We will breakfast at Kona because the park doesn’t open until 11 (👎) and then Chefs de France for dinner.

That is a very aggressive schedule for the Friday
It is a long flight
Let me know what the new castle looks like in person
and don't forget to ride Mystic Manor and say Hi to Albert.

1623685186738.png

Max

imahistorygeek

Original Poster
Two pieces of great news yesterday: fireworks and extended park hours!

We will be at MK on both July 1 and July 4. Maybe I just subconsciously knew that fireworks were going to happen and planned accordingly.

tenor.gif

Or maybe I was just lucky.

I'm hoping the crowd will only pick up on the first towards the evening. Seems as though AP slots were the only thing left for the 1st. I expect a sea of Disney bloggers to be present.

On to Epcot - I've been reviewing the food booths. I've made some notes about things I want to try.

Anyone have any thoughts about these dishes/drinks?

Jardin (I don't know full names of booths) - Tulum Beer and Garden Margarita
Magnolia Terrace - Bayou Cocktail
American Adventure - Bubbly Brew
Germany - Toasted pretzel bread
Cider House - Samuel Smith lager
Citrus Blossom - citrus shortcake
Farmers Feast - Watermelon mint ale
The Honey Bee-stro - Cheesecake

You'll notice my tastes run the gamut of flavors (except sour beer). If you've tried something and it's really good, and I mean
giphy.gif

good, let me know. My list is not heavy on the food at present.

We're approximately two weeks out. I'm double-checking reservation (that are not Disney) and making sure our pre-TSA info is included. I'm reading security lines have been crazy.

It another update, Disney cancelled sailings on the Magic into November. That means our Bermuda trip was cancelled. We did not reschedule anything on Disney, but instead, booked on the Celebrity Edge out of MIA during the same time. The itinerary is 7-nights eastern or western Caribbean. We managed to snag an aft (what Celebrity calls a sunset verandah) room and are excited. So....if you're looking to cruise in the fall, and want to hang with two of the semi-coolest people around, then check it out. Guys...drinks are included in your fare. The adult kinds of drinks.

Zipadeelady

Watermelon mint ale sounds interesting and my mind is wondering what the Bubbly brew could possibly be. It gives me Hocus Pocus/Harry Potter vibes. Curious to see how those taste.

Sorry to hear about the Bermuda cruise, I know you really enjoyed your last adventure there but WOW, drinks included on the Celebrity! That could be dangerous. Glad you found an alternative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom