Last of Walt's 'Nine Old Men' Dies

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Definitely a sad day, indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I hope everyone can take a few moments in the coming days and learn more about both he and all of Walt's "Nine Old Men". Giants, they were, and yet you couldn't pick them out of a crowd. Along with Walt himself and others such as John Hench, these men will have a lasting impact far beyonbd their mortal years.

WDWFigment

Definitely a sad day...

(Usually I'm not one to jump all over JHM, especially for the historical pieces, but what was Jim thinking? That article is insulting. All it does is discuss how others are simply sad because he was a part of Disney, not recognizing he was a man--something Jim's article itself fails to do. Has anyone stumbled across a better tribute article? I'd like to learn more about Ollie...)

Captain Hank

WDWFigment said:
Definitely a sad day...

(Usually I'm not one to jump all over JHM, especially for the historical pieces, but what was Jim thinking? That article is insulting. All it does is discuss how others are simply sad because he was a part of Disney, not recognizing he was a man--something Jim's article itself fails to do. Has anyone stumbled across a better tribute article? I'd like to learn more about Ollie...)

Here's a fairly comprehensive tribute: http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID512060.asp

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom