Last nights' private event ...

networkpro

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mattias Banker of Parks & Resorts Scandinavia (owners of Grona Lund, Kolmarden, Skara Sommerland, and more) invited Disney cast members to join in with his own castmembers from his parks for an Epic castle show. Something that show runners could take a few suggestions on how to loosent it up a bit.

Lilofan

Mattias Banker of Parks & Resorts Scandinavia (owners of Grona Lund, Kolmarden, Skara Sommerland, and more) invited Disney cast members to join in with his own castmembers from his parks for an Epic castle show. Something that show runners could take a few suggestions on how to loosent it up a bit.

These cast members in attendance will remember this forever. Swedish House Mafia!😍😍

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I like that part where the DJ was playing this really sick bass beat and then he slowed it down like it was going to pause and stop and I started shouting, "NO! DON'T TAKE THE BEAT AWAY, DJ!! DROP THE BEAT, DJ!!! DROP THE BEAT!!!!" And then the DJ dropped the beat and the beat was back and then I jumped in time with the beat because I was so happy I had the beat back.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
"Dance Parties" at events like DVC Moonlight Magic are geared towards families, and that's ok.
I remember getting all excited about the "dance" element when I read the description and assumed that since they start at around 10pm, it was going to be something like the videos posted by @networkpro and @mnelson3 . Not! 😄

I enjoy our WDW visits, but I've always felt like more adult-only events/entertainment are missing. I'd like to see a dance club for people over 21 only . I think The Edison offers something similar later at night (?). I've never been, so I don't really know if there's a DJ playing EDM or other types of trendy dance music, with lasers, visual effects, etc.

A couple of venues come to mind when thinking about dance clubs: World Showplace Events Pavilion and Atlantic Dance Hall.
Disney should consult, or do business with Hakkasan Group and get with the times!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If only there was something built with indoor and outdoor music and dancing with a party atmosphere that included a fireworks show. Something that didn’t intrude on normal park operations but could be in its own controlled environment.

You mean... the golf courses?

1580069177001.gif

Richie248

Oh man, I've retired from festivals but if WDW were to curate a music festival in the parks, I'd be there in a heartbeat! This looks amazing and great sound!!!!

Stripes

I wish Disney's New Years fireworks were more like this instead of the sentimental, but repetitive Auld Lang Syne.

WDW Monorail

The 2 or 3 Axwell performances I have been to were pretty fun. Surprisingly, I have not seen Swedish House Mafia perform as a group but have seen each individual DJ perform on their own, including former member Eric Prydz. I've also used Axwell's remix of a song in one of my light shows. It is generally very easy to synchronize lighting and pyrotechnic effects to House tracks.

This isn't the first time a world renowned DJ has played in a Disney park. Tiesto was rated the #1 DJ in the world at the time of his performance at Disneyland Paris in 2005.

Disney does an exceptional job with its New Years Eve celebration at Epcot by having Mark Sanchez perform in the Italy piazza for the past 10 or more years. Disney's more regular DJs such as Elliot Hansen also do a fantastic job. But they have to keep a very family oriented crowd entertained and are limited to playing songs familiar to most of the customers. The majority of the songs Axwell played this past weekend are very popular as well but are not generally considered to be familiar by most Disney visiting families.

An issue with having a regular venue or event to perform such music would tend to draw a not so family friendly crowd, of which I was reminded during my last EDM event which was seeing Eric Prydz perform about a month ago. Lots of problems could arise with the behavior and activities being performed all around the venue that weekend. Orlando EDM fans should just stick with EDC Orlando and Ultra or other more frequent events. Although I believe that House of Blues Orlando still hosts EDM artists from time to time.

It was fun listening to songs such as Calling played at the stage, considering the vocal version of the song is written and performed by Ryan Tedder, who performed at Epcot a few years ago. And of course Don't You Worry Child is always a fitting last track from SHM.

I'm not sure Axwell will be invited back to perform since he cursed on the castle stage, typical of him during his shows. But it has also happened on a stage at WDW infront of regular park guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom